• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

List if high protein foods

sherr011 said:
I wish I had your doctors. I am 5 weeks post-op an can not have any bread, pasta, or rice until June 1st, but I am in Florida.

I'm a sleeved as well so it may be a little different. We were told to be careful of them but I like my burgen bread. Mind if I have rice it's a tablespoon compared to a table full per op ;-). I think that's more of that I can't bring myself to miss out as well.

Sherr011, I was told I could start trying bread/ bread products, rice & pasta from around 8 wks post op but to try crackerbread, pittas before if I wished but to chew long & slow. But then my post-op diet sheet seems a lot quicker than most peoples. Added to which I with advice went from liquids to solids in 4 wks due to a foreign holiday.

Crisp bread and toast apparently are easier to go down. If I do have a sandwich I chew like a cow on grass to make sure it dissolves.
That's another good thing about my burgen bread. It has seeds including linseed which is really good for the digestive system. So I make sure I bite and chew the individual seeds which releases the oil in them to promote bowel movement.

Sorry I know I seem to be preaching but that bread really does work if you can manage to eat it. One slice a day keeps the process running smoothly ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thats a great help xx

Crisp bread and toast apparently are easier to go down. If I do have a sandwich I chew like a cow on grass to make sure it dissolves.
That's another good thing about my burgen bread. It has seeds including linseed which is really good for the digestive system. So I make sure I bite and chew the individual seeds which releases the oil in them to promote bowel movement.

Sorry I know I seem to be preaching but that bread really does work if you can manage to eat it. One slice a day keeps the process running smoothly ;-)

Where can you get that bread? and what is it called? thanks (bread is my one weakness!! )

x

It's called Burgen Soya and Linseed. It kind of looks like its in brown wrapping with a black label but the bag is clear with black label. You can get two types but that's the one I know works ;-)

You can get it in all your supermarkets. I've bought it from Tescos, Morrisons, Sainsburies and Asda. It will be in with all the wholemeal breads. I swear by it, in case you didn't notice lol. Even if you just eat the middle of it and chuck the crust. Just make sure you chew the seeds ;-)

Back