• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liver reducing diet

jpeo1990

hi everyone. I'm currently 6 days into my 3 week long LRD and just have a question for you.

how many of you have had food diet plans rather then milk? I'm currently on a food diet plan that the hospital have basically said as much green veg and salad as I want. 4 portions of protein a day 2 x carbs and various amount of dairy etc. it is a calorie restricted diet and I am losing weight 7lbs in these 6 days coupled with regular exercise.

I'm finding this difficult so who know what I would have been like on the milk diet but I am 100% commited to the changes as post op will be just the same with temptations but this is a lifelong change and not a fad diet.

I think I have been through carb withdrawl the last 3 days as I have felt rubbish but I feel not as if I am through that now.

my op date is 12th march and I am so nervous excited about it its crazy. everytime I have a down moment I think is this the right choice but I just keep telling myself for 27 years ive struggled to keep weight off and ended up putting more on after a diet!

slimkim

I was on a low calorie food plan pre-surgery. I didn't mind it so much as I like variety. I'm 2 weeks post op and the liquids are bearable but I'd like to crunch into a salad. You'll have enough time on liquids post op so enjoy these three week.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far.

Bling Babe

I was on the milk diet for 4 weeks at the start of my journey and I will be on it for 2 weeks pre op starting 13th March, surgery is 27th March. it’s actually not that bad to be honest all choices are removed which I found really helpful, but as you say this is a lifetime choice which we have to commit to. good luck for you surgery look forward to you updates xx

vicky jenkins

I was on the food lrd diet, but luckily for me I only had to have it a week, I think I only felt really tired on day 6 but knew it was only one more day.
Stick with it. Not long to go now.

123aw

I'm due to to do this 2 weeks prio to my surgery date 5th July not sure if the milk or low Calorie diet

Irene44

I'm due to to do this 2 weeks prio to my surgery date 5th July not sure if the milk or low Calorie diet

Hi I’m doing a milk diet test I started yesterday and today see how I get on If you have the choice try them see which one suits you best. I’m finding the milk one good so far. I have to do it for 10 days think it will be ok though My surgery is hopefully July too xx

123aw

Hi yes I do love milk but you have to have a salty drink don't u like bovreille ? Are you just drinking milk ? Are u having any other drink in between that are sugar free

Bling Babe

Hi yes I do love milk but you have to have a salty drink don't u like bovreille ? Are you just drinking milk ? Are u having any other drink in between that are sugar free
Hi yes that’s right you must have an OXO or Bovril to replace the bodies electrolytes, and it’s important to drink at least 2 litre water/nas juice too. I used chicken OXO in hot milk which was lovely just like a runny chicken soup, I think a few people have tried it since I posted on here about it x