• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver shrinking diet question

voluptuouschick

Hi everyone!
I wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice please?

I am due to begin the dreaded living shrinking diet in 9 days (Ive to be on it for 10 days before my bypass) & am unsure about drinking coffee/tea as it doesn't say a thing about them on the dietsheet.

Any help would be much appreciated :)
xxxxx

Hi
I start the clear fluid part of my pre-op diet tomorrow and black coffee/tea are allowed. If you're unsure, give your team a call - better to be safe than sorry as each surgeon has different preferences.
Best of luck with it!
Lx

Hi
I start the clear fluid part of my pre-op diet tomorrow and black coffee/tea are allowed. If you're unsure, give your team a call - better to be safe than sorry as each surgeon has different preferences.
Best of luck with it!
Lx
Hi hun:D:D
Can't wait to start the diet tomoz:rolleyes:, and ta for the directions tonight;):D

oh my days! lol
it's a very low fat, low carb & low calorie diet where I have to have a small bowl of cereal with semi skimmed milk for brekkie, an apple mid morning, salad with 2oz lean meat/chicken/fish/egg/ for lunch & 2oz lean mean with veg (no added fat) for dinner.
Low calorie/sugar free squash allowed freely
xxxxxxx

I would say that as you are allowed some skimmed milk that you could have tea and coffee, as long as you have no sugar or sweetners instead.

But, as the others have said, it would be best for you to contact providers to check.

As as for being a dreaded diet, yours sound bliss compared to some...LOL, see it as a time to get used to smaller amounts of food and as a positive step towards your future. Being positive about it, will make it seem less tough.

Hope all goes well :D

I could have tea/coffee freely and was able to use milk from the 3pints daily allowance. Don't know for you though as the only milk you've mentioned is for your cerial at brekkie. Black tea/coffee should be unlimited though if you can drink it.

Hi Vickie, hope the liver shrinking is going well. I too was able to have free tea and coffee as I was on Milk diet and used milk from my allowance. God it was awful now I think back - but totally worth being strong. Also, it stopped the worst of my worries re. op as I just wanted the bl**dy milk diet to be over (I disliked milk before, now I hate it with a passion - not as much as I hate Anthea Turner and Pan-pipes ( or worse, Anthea turner playing pan-pipes) but very nearly :D

Hey Quetiapina, worse still.........Anthea Turner AND Grant Bovey playing pan pipes, although anyyone else playing pan pipes is fine by me :D :banana dancer: :D

ROFL !!! Ooooh I love you all so much on here! you never fail to make me laugh!!
I have found out I'm allowed 1/3 pint of semi skimmed milk per day so that bit is ok, no sugar (& not sure if I am allowed sweeteners or not) & think I best just have decaff coffee - omg what my poor body will think about not having caffine heaven knows!! lol
xxxxxxx

Back