• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liver shrinking

Rachel, are you worrying needlessly?

I've never heard of it, but now you'll have me worried grr....

You will be fine girl xx

i think mixman did and his liver was not small enough so thats why he had the sleeve but i might of got it wrong ...lol. but dont worry , im sure you will be fine. xxxx

I'm sorry Julie I didn't mean to worry others with my question, it just occurred to me the other day that I might not have done what they wanted. I know I have lost the required amount of weight but also know it's not just about the weight.
I'm not overly concerned about it, what will be will be. But I was curious. xx

I'm sorry Julie I didn't mean to worry others with my question, it just occurred to me the other day that I might not have done what they wanted. I know I have lost the required amount of weight but also know it's not just about the weight.
I'm not overly concerned about it, what will be will be. But I was curious. xx

Aww Rachel, you didn't worry me love... You are so gonna be okay. Keep at it and chill, it will be your time really soon xx

Aww Rachel, you didn't worry me love... You are so gonna be okay. Keep at it and chill, it will be your time really soon xx

Aw thanks Julie...:ashamed0005: tell you something I'm right emotional doing this diet.

I'm gonna get my bum up and go walk the dog for a bit, might warm me up too, am freeeeeezing!!

See you all later .....:chores016:

I was panicking that I hadn't done enough on the pre op diet and I even splurged a bit when my op was cancelled due to the snow so that made it worse. When I came round from my surgery my first words were 'Liver!' I asked if my liver was ok and the surgeon just said 'oh yeah it was fine.' I was worrying needlessly. But then again I didn't have much of a fatty liver in the first place but I still worried. I think it's natural to worry.

I think it's very normal to worry but I'm sure they're won't be any need. I worried about my liver for the whole month that I did the pre-op diet as I chopped and changed due to fainting and stuff. Shouldn't have worried though as it was lovely, small and pink :)

You see that I guess is what is bothering me more than anything. I am chopping and changing from one thing to the next. I need to do one diet and not defect to another just cos I'm bored.
Thanks for all your help guys xxx

Rach do you know we could be twins, I am also 39 5'8 and started at 322lbs and want a goal weight of 168 lbs and had my band at the same hosp you are and should have been with Mr Super, spooky eh!!!!!!

Oooh that is spooky!

As I was waiting to be wheeled into theatre, I told the anaesthetist that I was worried that my liver would be too big, despite having stuck to the diet. All he said was, "do you drink a lot of alcohol?" and I said no, never drink these days and he said then there wouldn't be a problem.

He was right too - apparantely my liver was lovely and little - bless it! xx

Don't Want to Start on a Friday :-(

Hi all,

I'm due to start my liver shrinking milk diet on Friday, only I've decided doing two weekends living on four pints of milk today would be too much and that I'll start it on the Monday.

I'll only be losing three days and doing 11 pre-op diet days instead of 14 if I do this, is it likely to be detrimental to my surgery?

The consultant and anaesthetist have both said I'm considered low risk. Am I nuts to not do the first three days?

Rach do you know we could be twins, I am also 39 5'8 and started at 322lbs and want a goal weight of 168 lbs and had my band at the same hosp you are and should have been with Mr Super, spooky eh!!!!!!

ooooooh how strange!!!! But you lost shed loads on your pre op diet (you must have been loads better than me, I haven't had one day yet where I have done it totally by the book) According to my scales I have lost 19lbs so far, according the hosp scales, (and they weighed from before I started counting) I have lost 21lbs. Am still really pleased with that but now I could have done more.

I am craving pickled onions!!! Weirdo I know!! I have read the cals guide though and they are really low in cals and I've heard onion is very good for helping the liver to recover so do you think I maybe ok?

Am really bunged up on this diet too, used to go for England once upon a time!!!

Cindy will you be coming along to the Heartlands group this wednesday? it's on the 21st from 6.30pm in the room upstairs where they do the dietician clinics apparently (I've never been to them only the groups)

Hi all,

I'm due to start my liver shrinking milk diet on Friday, only I've decided doing two weekends living on four pints of milk today would be too much and that I'll start it on the Monday.

I'll only be losing three days and doing 11 pre-op diet days instead of 14 if I do this, is it likely to be detrimental to my surgery?

The consultant and anaesthetist have both said I'm considered low risk. Am I nuts to not do the first three days?

I'm really not sure Melanie.
4 pints is such alot of milk. I'm doing two pints with 4 yoghurts. I called the hospital dieticians and they said I could change it to suit my lifestyle.
I'm fine at the weekends (apart from the odd piece of fruit or celery or pickled onions lol) but really struggle in the week at work. It's the one time in my life I think I would benefit from being at home for a short spell.

I'm really not sure Melanie.
4 pints is such alot of milk. I'm doing two pints with 4 yoghurts. I called the hospital dieticians and they said I could change it to suit my lifestyle.
I'm fine at the weekends (apart from the odd piece of fruit or celery or pickled onions lol) but really struggle in the week at work. It's the one time in my life I think I would benefit from being at home for a short spell.

Hope you're going okay on the Pre-Op diet, I'm finding it tough but sticking to it well. Not too keen on the Bovril but it at least gives me something to do at Dinner time lol.

Stay strong :)

heya hun, my first attempt at my banding had to be stopped due to my liver being too large, i only had about a week on the liver shrinking diet. Then they told me it would be about 6 week till my next appotinment to re-try. However i got a date for 18 days later. So for 14 days i was on 4 pints of milk, 4 muller lights, and 4 yoghurts a day, im sure that was it lol, but any way, i lost 31lbs pre op and the band op went well.

Good luck hun yoru doing absolutely fine.

Take care x

Hiya.... doing ok, had the occasional lapse, I'm no saint and 6 weeks has felt like forever tbh.... I find I lose more weight when I have a bit more to eat as well which is weird. When I've been tempted I've had lean meat or very low cal veg or salad, my tummy hates me for having food in it again though, it's quite happy with just milk and yoghurt. Have lost 26lbs now, gotta be good, just hope liver is small enough. Not long to go at last :)

Hey Rachel,
You sound just like me!! I am constantly thinking about whether I should change from one pre-op diet to the next. Thats the trouble with Heartlands giving us a choice hey?
I am doing 3 slimfasts a day but I only had 3 weeks notice of my date so just for 3 weeks...long enough though especailly as I have been on a 'normal' kind of diet for weeks beforehand cos the hospital told me to!
Good luck for tuesday. I will be there too on tuesday for my pre-op appointment. How long should I expect to be there for that and how did yours go? x

Back