• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liver shrinking

Well done on the loss so far Rache. Bet you'll have a tiny liver!:clap::woohoo:

Hey Rachel,
You sound just like me!! I am constantly thinking about whether I should change from one pre-op diet to the next. Thats the trouble with Heartlands giving us a choice hey?
I am doing 3 slimfasts a day but I only had 3 weeks notice of my date so just for 3 weeks...long enough though especailly as I have been on a 'normal' kind of diet for weeks beforehand cos the hospital told me to!
Good luck for tuesday. I will be there too on tuesday for my pre-op appointment. How long should I expect to be there for that and how did yours go? x

Hi Leanne.... wow that's great you got in sooner than you thought. Congrats.
I am glad I've changed to milk and yoghurts, although it's hard and I have lapsed occasionally my stomach has definately shrunk as a result of it. :D:D:D

The pre op for me took just about an hour tops. I saw a lovely nurse who did all the questions and the BP and the MRSA swab.(nothing like I'd expected, like a cotton bud up me nose)
Then off for bloods and the ECG, it was quiet too so I was all done pretty quickly.

All the best to you hun and for your op too xxx

We are lucky at Walsall Manor only having two weeks i guess! I dread it but at the same time am looking forward to starting it and getting it over and done with xx

I've found it really helpful Julie in addressing some of my head's attitude to food.
It is hard but it is also very rewarding.
All the best to you hun. When do you start yours? xx

Rachel, tell me more about the MRSA swab please x

In my pre op letter from the hospital it said I had to have an MRSA swab, in the groin, armpit and nose.
I was soooo paranoid I can tell you, swabbing me nethers!!!
Well in the end that wasn't even mentioned on the day, all he did was wipe round the lining of inside my nose with a long cotton bud. Wasn't scary at all :)

i have started my pre-op diet this week as asked by my doctor. i have lost 6lb i am eating the restricted diet given by hossy .....just finding it hard to stop things seeming bland...............any ideas girls and boys x

i have started my pre-op diet this week as asked by my doctor. i have lost 6lb i am eating the restricted diet given by hossy .....just finding it hard to stop things seeming bland...............any ideas girls and boys x

What you got on your food list Tracey ?

mint sauce it v low cal (I love it) also balsamic vinegar. I had noodles today and added a chicken oxo with water to give it some flavour, they do all sorts veg and beef and I think you might be able to get a fish stock cube now, might be worth a look.xx

ok i am ok for breaky thats fine but my lunch i can handle to but i feel i need more flavours in evening , my list states
2 average side potatoes...boiled /mashed
OR 4 egg size new potatoes with skin
OR 2 tbsp cooked rice ( any variety)
OR 2tbsp cooked pasta (any variety)
OR 40 strands of spaghetti (count when raw) sounds alot but go have a look lol !!!!
WITH
2 eggs
OR 50g cheese
OR 8 thin packet slices of ham , chicke, turkey
OR 1 small chicken breast with out skin
OR 4 rashers of grilled back bacon
OR 100g meat (small portion)
OR 100g tinned fish
OR tofu or quorn
with plenty of veg/salad ( low fat dressing )

Now as you can see its not a bad amount of food just bland.........on writing to hospital i can have cook in sauces if below 5 g in carb preferrable 0................................
and Thank you Rachel i have been having some mint sauce and agree its lovely but only so much a girl can have lol .....................................

basically its a diet low in carbs , low on fat but high in protein ................

well this diet is working i lost a stone in 2 weeks ......................................i have added lots of herbs and bits lol

Back