• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

****Long termers and Eating****

I'm starting to worry now because I'm 3 months out and I can eat any carbs, not tiny amounts either, also I have to remind myself to chew and slow done. Never had anything stuck! Xxx

Yvessa said:
I assume it's Actually just the way we heal. If some of us have more scar tissue then the opening would be narrower. It's why some people have to have stretches.

Didn't think of it that way,
I really wish at times food wouldn't get stuck as often as it does.
I do know sometimes I'm to blame as I forget(especially when hungry)to take my time
A new way of eating is hard to learn at times x

I have to be honest and say I am glad I can eat anything. I did realize quite quickly that the success of this op depended on me and not the bypass

I'm about to make an omelette so far no more than a mouthful or two have made it down before the pouch says no more. So watch this space to see if it works & I can eat it all, this time. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

penelope1008 said:
I'm about to make an omelette so far no more than a mouthful or two have made it down before the pouch says no more. So watch this space to see if it works & I can eat it all, this time. Lol

Can u not tolerate eggs?
I struggle with them,sometimes it's ok,sometimes not x

I struggle with mainly fish, but do feel sickly with some food, but most is ok it is not nice when you get the stuck feeling xx eggs don't bother me but omelettes I love but they stick too dry and solid I find x

I can eat them scrambled, poached & dry fried from very early on & frittatas, omelettes just haven't worked yet. I've not tried boiled yet either but was never quite keen on them pre-op so in no rush.
Pasta, rice & bread cause me challenges at times , especially home cooked rice & pasta, ready meal ones are ok somehow but especially rice retaliates & continues to swell inside me not nice at all.

I'm very disciplined about chewing. It's not that things get stuck-just that a little while after eating my tum, swells, I get a dreadful pain and throw up. This never happens with chocolate or biccies !

Last edited:
Miss Tickle said:
I'm very disciplined about chewing. It's not that things get stuck-just that a little while after eating my tum, swells, I get a dreadful pain and throw up. This ever happens with chocolate or biccies !

So would you say 'proper food' makes you uncomfortable and 'easy food' goes down real easy.
Do you struggle at times being like this?

I must be honest, I dont have any trouble with things sticking at all.

My love of fish and seafood hasn't be abated, although I can't eat as much as before, so I just pick what I really want. So glad that I can still tolerate them...not sure what I would do without them!

Any protein fills me up very quickly, so I choose to have something I'm going to enjoy. I don't really bother with carbs anyway as I don't particularly like any veg and potatoes I can take or leave. I like pasta but couldn't manage much.

Very early on I had one episode where chicken got stuck, I ate it so quickly (old habits etc) and have NEVER done it again. I also have had 12 major dumping episodes and 2 minor ones....trust me I ain't going there again!!!

Oh god yes I had one ice due to eating too fat and ouch! Never again!

So would you say 'proper food' makes you uncomfortable and 'easy food' goes down real easy.
Do you struggle at times being like this?

Definatley ! A well balance meal is a real challenge. I usually choose chicken ( and thigh is much easier for me than breast) , eat that first then my veg. I leave room for the veg now as I was getting so full on the protein I wasn't getting anything else in. I rarely get to the carb. I snack mid afternoon and late evening on fruit to get my fibre intake up. I'm still terribly constipated though and have to have movicol everyday. I do have to be disciplined as chocolate or anything crunchy such as biscuits, crisps or nuts go down easily. I am sure this is because they become so small when you eat them. When I say crisps I refer to reduce fat ones such as Velvet Crunch. I have them as part of my meal, not as a snack. I have chocolate once a week- a kit kat usually. Never a solid bar now, as I don't like it anymore. Even though I want to lose a little more weight I'm in no hurry now and want to eat as normally as I can-including none diet things in moderation !
My saviour food is still Fage Total Greek yoghurt. It's easy to eat, I crave it and it's a fantastic source of protein. I add fruit to it and it's very filling.

Back