• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers - Lets get talking

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
If you saw the original thread about long termers in the forum it has been decided that if we really do want to develop the forum to continue to be of use for all of us that are further out we have to prove that we will use, post and be interested in a section specifically for us. Can I suggest that if you do or would like this or be interested in reading it that when you start a thread you indicate in the title that thus is a long termers thread. Then the mods can see the interest generated at a quick glance. I must stress that this doesn't mean that anyone pre-op or newly op can't post, read or contribute I hope they will find long term views interesting too. I'm off to start up a thread or 2 now to help get it going.

M

good idea i will be posting too especially when i'll be a year at the end of this month :)

This is just what this site needs x

We need to gather knowledge from each other,not just in the early days when it's about loosing weight,but what the future may bring too.

Yes I agree we need first hand experience knowledge and ideas of what we can try when we come accross these problems sometimes our docs cannot help us and hospital apps. are few n far between. Its great to know we have some where to come n chat where we don't feel silly or thta we will be scaring someone off by speaking the truth about how we feel and what happened to us.

chrisa said:
Yes I agree we need first hand experience knowledge and ideas of what we can try when we come accross these problems sometimes our docs cannot help us and hospital apps. are few n far between. Its great to know we have some where to come n chat where we don't feel silly or thta we will be scaring someone off by speaking the truth about how we feel and what happened to us.

I for one would be lost without this site,
I'm so glad I brought the original post by C back to life,as now we can get this long term section going.

i'm only 8 months post op & as such don't have a massive input in long term problems , but i read all the long term threads & if i have anything to input i do . i also read with interest what others ahead of me are experiencing so i can be prepared

I think no matter where we are on our wls journey it is so important to hear what others have experienced, we are all at different stages and all experience different things some people will equate with, it is such a relief when you hear someone has the same problem as yourself it might not improve but knowing someone else is suffering the same is just such a big relief. xx

Hello all, I'm feeling sorry for myself as I have a rotten throat and chest infection and the coughing has made my back worse. I sort of thought I'd NEVER get a bad chest again once I was thin ( silly !) but I do know that when I was a biggun I'd be on an inhaler by now, would have had to have the last week off work and would be REALLY ill. I'm having a long lie in as I couldn't sleep but at 24 stone it would have been a week in bed!
Long term mit's not just the diabetes and blood pressure that improve !!

hope you feel better soon miss t xx

Everyone's experience for good or bad is valid & important, just because we haven't experienced x symptom or another it doesn't mean we won't or can't at some point & knowledge is everything it stops is panicking. Having others on here that have been there, done that & worn the t-shirt is as valuable if not more so in some cases than the qualified members of our teams as until you've walked in the shoes you have no real idea if what it's like!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I totally agree with what you said mstickle. Ibhave had no abcence at work due to sickness this year so far. My boss is thrilled with me!

My sickness is better but I have had a couple in incidence where I have forgotten things or done something wrong & had to have " a chat " with my boss this week . I feel I get affected by stress more than I ever done before :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLSurgery

Having others on here that have been there, done that & worn the t-shirt is as valuable if not more so in some cases than the qualified members of our teams as until you've walked in the shoes you have no real idea if what it's like!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
so true !

My sickness is better but I have had a couple in incidence where I have forgotten things or done something wrong & had to have " a chat " with my boss this week . I feel I get affected by stress more than I ever done before :(

I wonder why that is hun? Have you had your bloods checked recently? Best to make sure you don't have any deficiency making you feel more vulnerable or forgetful. Also, my MIL had a bladder infection recently and it made her quite forgetful. I googled it and found slight confusion is a common symptom of such infections. Quite a few of us seem to get low level waterworks infections so that might be worth checking.
But of course, it might just be because you have been through a period of major change. Even though weight loss is a GOOD change, it is still change and it messes with our heads. Time for a holiday maybe?
Take care xx

My iron & zinc levels are low , waiting for a script for iron from my GP as over counter ones not giving me enough . I do find I am a bit forgetful occasionally . Am due 2 weeks off work mid December

It sounds like you need that couple of weeks leave. Hope you get your deficiencies sorted quickly. I'm having a long break over Christmas- I'm very tired now. It's not surprising though really-our bodies have worked very hard these past few months !
x

I had planned to do some extra shifts , earn some pennies , but they have put s block on that for the time being :( instead I shall prepare for xmas & start decorating my bedroom . I hope upping the iron helps the brain issues lol x
Have a great break , are you going away ?

Just googled iron & zinc deficiency , symptoms include
Insomnia , check
Lethargy , check
Forgetfulness , check
At least I can give work an explanation , have upped my over counter zinc & will make appointment with GP on Monday re iron & bp tabs

Just googled iron & zinc deficiency , symptoms include
Insomnia , check
Lethargy , check
Forgetfulness , check
At least I can give work an explanation , have upped my over counter zinc & will make appointment with GP on Monday re iron & bp tabs

Aha! You need to get it sorted-hope you feel better soon.
We're not going away. The recession is hitting very hard in this household at the moment-it's a very good job I don't eat a lot. It'll be great not to have to get up so early and spend the day rushing from appointment to appointment. I do feel I need a good rest ! You not having any overtime sounds like a blessing in disguise. I'm telling everyone that we're having an economy Christmas and will only be buying token gifts.
xx

Back