• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers - Lets get talking

I would like to stick around and give back some of the support I received.[/QUOT

Yes it's nice to give some support back,
It can be very frightening in the early days not knowing if you'd doing things right x
I just wish I could gather information about why I'm struggling lately and if its more associated with being a long term bypasser.

Yes it's nice to give back support especially in the early days when it's frightening not knowing if your doing things right x
I just wish I could gather information on why I've been struggling a bit lately and whether its more associated with being a long term bypasser x

I imagine that in the early days we are so focused on the weight loss and buoyant because of it the emotional side only comes back later.

it would be good to see how people are coping whether good or bad a few yrs down the line xxx trouble is I don't think they would post if it is bad and that kind of lulls us into a false sense of security and new people only see the rosy side (well mostly anyway ) xx

That also is true. There is so much shame associated with being obese that to admit you've struggled postop does get some people going 'oh i knew you couldn't do it.'

it would be good to see how people are coping whether good or bad a few yrs down the line xxx trouble is I don't think they would post if it is bad and that kind of lulls us into a false sense of security and new people only see the rosy side (well mostly anyway ) xx

This is what I've been saying..
Newly op you do only see the rosy side of things.
Now I'm long term and I'm struggling I don't want to be seen as being negative.

maybe you should start a thread with what is worrying you :) I bet there will be people feeling exactly the same but not daring to say anything and I honestly think you should maybe someone can help you too :) is there anything we can help with at the moment eve though neither myself or yvessa are long termers yet xx

maybe you should start a thread with what is worrying you :) I bet there will be people feeling exactly the same but not daring to say anything and I honestly think you should maybe someone can help you too :) is there anything we can help with at the moment eve though neither myself or yvessa are long termers yet xx

Hi,
Yes your probely right I will start a thread,
Just finding it a bit tough,but I full of a head cold at minute so that's not helping my mood!

Well I was at my friends last night so missed this thread going on again. You are so right Emma it is difficult the further out you get, the mind plays tricks, you think you have the upper ha nd then you realise you have put weight on. I was doing so well before Christmas, now all I want todo is eat crap even though I don't enjoy it or eat it in bulk, I still want some of it, especially in this cold weather just want bread and I think that interferes with my toilet issues. I do think some people are scared to post things on here, for fear of a backlash but sometimes you have to admit to be able to leave it behind and move on. It helps to see it in black n white for the mind n body to accept the wrong doing and to be able to correct the actions. I often post things on here that people will not agree with, I used to drink a lot of alcohol before the op then managed to go bout 6 months or so without, now I enjoy a drink again but evrey drop I have is diluted with diet lemonade, both wine and vodka. The amount has been drasticaly reduced, some people never touch it again but I enjoy it socially only drink once a fortnight now. We still need some quality of life and it is for living. SO LIVE IT. I was unfortunate that I didnt find this site till I was bout 7months or more post op so I missed all the early days support. Thats why I like to give help and support to all those awaiting ops and those who have just had theirs. Its important. x

Well I was at my friends last night so missed this thread going on again. You are so right Emma it is difficult the further out you get, the mind plays tricks, you think you have the upper ha nd then you realise you have put weight on. I was doing so well before Christmas, now all I want todo is eat crap even though I don't enjoy it or eat it in bulk, I still want some of it, especially in this cold weather just want bread and I think that interferes with my toilet issues. I do think some people are scared to post things on here, for fear of a backlash but sometimes you have to admit to be able to leave it behind and move on. It helps to see it in black n white for the mind n body to accept the wrong doing and to be able to correct the actions. I often post things on here that people will not agree with, I used to drink a lot of alcohol before the op then managed to go bout 6 months or so without, now I enjoy a drink again but evrey drop I have is diluted with diet lemonade, both wine and vodka. The amount has been drasticaly reduced, some people never touch it again but I enjoy it socially only drink once a fortnight now. We still need some quality of life and it is for living. SO LIVE IT. I was unfortunate that I didnt find this site till I was bout 7months or more post op so I missed all the early days support.

Thanks chrisa,
If I'm honest at the minute I'm feeling a bit fed up,I didn't want to start a thread at the minute as its going to be all doom and gloom as I'm not feeling well at minute.
So everything seems 100% worse than it really is...xx hope your well x

Wait till you feel more positive lovely. There is always another day. I am fine just struggling with the head and fighting with myself, you know the form xx

sending you a big hug Emma Louise xx

Emma, like Chrisa I'm 18mths out & struggling worth old demons, new ones, family problems & my own depression let alone that final stone to hit my top end goal. For me hitting 1yr post & being told by the dietitian it wouldn't bother them if I didn't reach my goal as I'd lost over 90% of my excess weight, triggered something on my head that set off the old demons again & just because I can't eat as much doesn't stop the naughties going in. My weight has gone up & down by 1/2 a stone in the last 6 mths not bad but not good either I could have been almost at my goal if not there if I'd had a stronger control of my demons.
I swear its going to come off, I'm going to eat better & not give in to my old habits but I keep failing myself, the hospital etc that helped me get here.
I'm hoping the CBT I'm due to start soon will help me with those demons & habits as well as the many other things currently dogging my life that have caused myself & my loved ones a lot of hurt over the years.
I don't drink, never have, I sort of don't calorie count nor weigh foods or myself that much mainly logging my foods on mfp for the protein levels but if to get the protein in I go over the calories I go over & try to do better the next day with calories & better protein rich foods. It's tough no matter what to do what you should day in day out as you get into a rut of what you know is good & safe & then the odd treat becomes a regular treat etc etc. if we were able to control things better we wouldn't have got to the point we needed surgery to return us to as near a healthier weight as possible. It's a life long journey as an addict ours is to food which we can't do without drink & drugs you can live without ultimately & I don't say its easy to do so, but obesity is the only thing we can be addicted to but cannot give up, our bands, pouches,wraps etc give us a fighting chance of cutting our addiction down to a sensible level but like all addictions the demons are there waiting to win out over our resolve. Fight the good fight & try to stay strong whoever you are this is a constant battle against ourselves & our addition that can never be totally cured, with our surgeries & hard work though it can hopefully be controlled & we can win the battle to stay slimmer & healthier than we were.

Nicely said Pen. Emma you have done amazing and what you have and are going through we are there now with ya. Our demons are difficult to control and I FALL EVERY DAY AT THE MOMENT, thats just the way it is at the moment. I weigh my self once a week, if i didnt i would go off the rails completely the scale skeep me grounded really, my parents n 2 sisters expect a txt on a Thursday morning to see what I have done, if i have put on or stayed the same they say yes well had to happen at sometime think of where you have come from. This does help as when I put on weight the bad thoughts creep in so this makes me rethink, but sometimes not enough to stop me from being silly and picking at stuff that I shouldnt. I know this is going to be a life long battle, just like we had before our surgery difference is thta the biggest bulk we were carrying has now been shed so that is one big help xx

Thanks Penelope and chrisa xxxx

If I wrote down how I'm currently feeling at the minute,I think I'd scare all the Pre-op and newly post op peeps.
Tommorow is a new day and hoping things will be a bit better x

Then scare them. This is exactly the point we were making - we need to be able to be open and honest and if a newbie reads it and is sated then they may just realize that not everything is fixed once your slim.

awww blessya Emma, keep ya chin up girl, we'll get through this all together. Just had bit of a tummy episode.not had one for a while but has happened after lunch gentle pains building up asif something was traped already been to loo today, just had to go again thats what all the pain was think must have had ablockage, think it will be due to the 2 bagels I had over the last 3 days n bit bread think it has swollen up and blocked something. Allc lear now bit achey on the left side bottom of my ribs usual place. xx Thinking of ya if you need to chat pm me xx I am on face book as well as Christine Allchurch xx feel free xx

Back