• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No referral

Oh Caren, I just can't believe it. What a bl@@dy awful situation. I'm absolutely gutted for you. I hope it all gets sorted out very soon. Your Dr has no right to lie to you like that. How can you be treated by someone you can't trust. Abominable behaviour.

Take care lovely, you will get there, even if we all have to chip in a couple of quid each. lol.

Love Kate x

Oh Caren ... I am absolutely floored by this ... how very unprofessional of your incompetent ar*ehole of a doctor :mad::mad::mad: I know you don't like confrontation but it is time to stand up for yourself, sweetie. Make an appointment & tell him exactly how you feel & I would definitely report him to the GMC. Tell him your intentions as he is putting his own feelings above your needs. You can always change doctors if you don't feel comfortable with him afterwards. Then ring the PCT & tell them too how shabbily you have been treated leading to you being off work with depression while you wait for your SA tests. (I know, a little white lie but not too far fetched) You need to make yourself heard, babe :sigh:
God I am soooo gutted for you, lovely :cry::cry: Sorry I wasn't around earlier ... been to Manchester & only just back. Had a nice time & the Snake is sooo beautiful this time of year but now realllly fed up for you. I know you will pick yourself up but don't just accept this ... that is what they want :mad::mad: xxx

Caren you give so much support to people on here i hope you know it's appreciated and i'm sure everyone wishes you get your funding soon and supports you this time xx

i dont know if i wrote it wrong and mislead anyone but i dont think my doctor lied to me. I told him i wanted wls and he said ok, but it doesnt happen "just like that" i had to see dietitian etc, which i of course accepted. After a few weeks i phoned the surgery and spoke to Mary who deals with this and speaks to the doc etc. I asked her if they had heard from the pct yet and she said no, not yet, so i just assumed that he'd applied for funding, I phoned her a few times and was told the same thing. i also phoned the pct a few times and asked them and they said they would look into it and get back to me but never have. I guess its my fault for presuming :(

Thank you so much for all your support, i really appreciate it xxx

Has anyone else been in a similar situation as Caren & had a good outcome??? If so let us know what she needs to do next, please xx

Caren I can't believe how some Gps are so down right stupid.:mad:

I gotta spare baseball bat if you need one :D

I think it might be time to change you Gp.
If you can't trust him to write one letter when will you be able to trust him.

Caren I can't believe how some Gps are so down right stupid.:mad:

I gotta spare baseball bat if you need one :D

I think it might be time to change you Gp.
If you can't trust him to write one letter when will you be able to trust him.
you're probably right honey, but to be honest im so gutted and feeling rubbish at the moment i dont think i could manage it :(

I think the first thing you need to do Caren is have a cup of tea and a fat free biccy! Then, when you're feeling less rubbish, I suggest you call the practice manager of the surgery and make a complaint against the doctor. They have to record these and will in theory bend over backwards to help you. Secondly, get a supportive GP! You can borrow mine.

you're probably right honey, but to be honest im so gutted and feeling rubbish at the moment i dont think i could manage it :(

((hugs for Caren)) :hug99:
:grouphugg: We all love you, Caren :heartpump: just wish I could do something to help, sweetheart :cry: xx

If it helps, I'm pretty good with complaints letters; can draft something up for you?

If it helps, I'm pretty good with complaints letters; can draft something up for you?
thank you, that would be great xxx

Oh that is so horrid hun sending you a big :hug99:
Book an appointment and see your doctor tell him you want a referral for funding. I hope it gets sorted soon for you xx

Aw Caren I have been out all day and only just seen this. I am soo sorry for you hun. No wonder you feel gutted. Don't let it go though, and never leave things for months again. Keep on at whoever it is you're waiting to hear from. Very often it shuffles you to the top of the pile or they do what you want to get rid of you. Is it a misunderstanding or is your gp being obstructive? If it's the former find out what they can do to hurry the process along for you now, and if it's the latter, then the least you should do is get in touch with the practice manager to arrange an appointment so you can voice your complaint. Do it sooner than later. xx

:cry: Caren honey, my thoughts are with you. What more can I say :sigh: xxx

I'm totally shocked and stunned. I'm so sorry Caren you have been mislead. I hope once you get yourself together you manage to let your GP know how much you want and need this wls.

I'm sure there is nothing anyone can say that can make you feel better right now but you know you have a lot of support on here because you so very pro actively support us all.

Good luck with pushing this forward flower x

Yep - if just 1 person around here deserves funding it's you Caren. Has your gp gone through exactly what criteria Essex pct use for referral?

Mine showed me on his computer and we went through it together. I was borderline on one of the criteria, but argued my case and got referred, although he did warn me that the outcome wasn't guaranteed.

It may be that you only need to work on one aspect, and focus your efforts. Good luck when you see him next.
Fingers crossed for you.

Hi Caren, if you give me your email, I can send you what I've written.

Yep - if just 1 person around here deserves funding it's you Caren. Has your gp gone through exactly what criteria Essex pct use for referral?

Mine showed me on his computer and we went through it together. I was borderline on one of the criteria, but argued my case and got referred, although he did warn me that the outcome wasn't guaranteed.

It may be that you only need to work on one aspect, and focus your efforts. Good luck when you see him next.
Fingers crossed for you.
thank you so much, i love you all, i know it sounds corny but you lot keep me going :) xxx

Back