• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No referral

What if we all gather to ur gp practise to see ur doctor and don't leave his office until the letter is done???

How flipping frustrating, that happened to me, saw my GP in Oct, still not heard in Dec so checked and my GP 'forgot' to refer!!! I was gutted!! Luckly I got in just before April or I would not have had a chance of surgery due to the new criteria in my area.

I hope you hear soon hun, really feel for you

Kim x

Hi Caren

I only ever look in the same parts of the forum and I have only seen this now and I am stunned. But stick to what I said: All this will be worked out.

I was winded when I found out my hospital did not apply for funding last year.

The course of action I took is only speaking to people by email. I only phone if its the only way. So I have my feelings and the PCT telling me one thing and the hospital telling me other things all in black and white. I also stamped my foot with every doctor I met lol

You need to start writing everything down, write an email of complaint to PALS that has a strong emphasis on depression, anxiety and an inability to move forward in your life.

If my funding is refused, I will use all the info I have that shows the hospital are the ones who messed things up for me.

You need to start building evidence too. So please write to PALS at your pct asap. Do it by email.

Any help or advice, or ass kicking techniques you need, please let me know xxx

Totally back up what Fuffs said! I had to refer to PALS three times in the course of the 18 months I was undergoing consultation and even after my op, everything from losing my test results to being unable to contact anyone in the surgical team for 2 days when I had an emergency!
Sit and write everything down (as much as you can remember) and keep a record of who you talk to, when and what they say. Sounds horrid but sometimes it has to be done :-(

and keeping everything crossed for today xxx

reg appointment.

hi caron so sorry i havent replyed earlier but i have just noticed this thread.

what a bloody shambols this whole thing is:argh: and its all because of that stupid stupid doctor not listening to you properly and sending you to a dietition instead of a bairiatric one the tool, maybe seing a differant doctor and explaining every thing to him love you might get a bit more help from him or her, caron i really think you should go and see your local p.a.l.s and set up some kind of support link with them,

i know how deflated and messed about you must feel and i truely wish (like i bet many people on here do ) that i lived round the corner from you, to give you support in going to the doctors cos i have found if you can take someone into the appointment with you then they can act as a witness as to what has and has not been said, also they can remind you if you forget to say something.

i am rooting for you caron, and your turn will come soon keep strong hunny you are one of the most supportive people on this forum, knowing you is a pleasure. sending you some hugs. xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

thank you so much Lynda, I got in touch with the surgery today and was told that they are waiting for the results of my sleep apnoea test, and if i have it they will send in my case to the surgeon.
Loving the support here :) xxx

hi caron that sounds a bit more promiceing, good luck with that, i have never said this to anyone befor but i really hope you have sleep apnea ha ha.

and as for the support you deserve it as in said befor and will always say you are one of the most supportive people on this forum. xxxx

hi caron that sounds a bit more promiceing, good luck with that, i have never said this to anyone befor but i really hope you have sleep apnea ha ha.

and as for the support you deserve it as in said befor and will always say you are one of the most supportive people on this forum. xxxx
i know!!!!! im hoping i have sleep apnoea, how bad is that?!?!?!

It was funny when I had my sleep test. I half hoped I didn't have it. Bit partly wanted it as I knew it would make my journey easier.

Glad things are sounding more hopeful for you :)

It was funny when I had my sleep test. I half hoped I didn't have it. Bit partly wanted it as I knew it would make my journey easier.

Glad things are sounding more hopeful for you :)
thanks fuffs :) no news from you yet?

Not been home yet. Just travelled back from my partners house in Warwickshire. Me and my 3 year old were not well this morning.

Not feeling like I will have a letter today though, I will tell you ASAP when I get it, whatever it says :S

Aww hun I'm so sorry... I've only just come across this thread.

That is so wrong... Hate the way they can just push you aside like they don't care..

Big big hugs Hun... I really want you to get what you deserve.

Take care mate
Andy xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Really sorry to read your news Caren. Sounds like you need to speak to your GP and make sure they are 100% sure they understand what you are looking for.
The PCT and surgeon will want to know you have taken every step possible before considering surgery (yes, you know you have!) so seeing the dietician was not a waste of time, even if you don't have sleep apnoea you STILL want the surgery - so don't hang all your hopes on that.

I'm not into making stuff up and would never advocate it - but write down how difficult and depressing being overweight is, be honest about the negative impact it has on your life. Make sure your GP reads it in your presence.

I did everything before I got funding, even things I didn't think I needed to go through. Keep your eye on the prize!

Really sorry to read your news Caren. Sounds like you need to speak to your GP and make sure they are 100% sure they understand what you are looking for.
The PCT and surgeon will want to know you have taken every step possible before considering surgery (yes, you know you have!) so seeing the dietician was not a waste of time, even if you don't have sleep apnoea you STILL want the surgery - so don't hang all your hopes on that.

I'm not into making stuff up and would never advocate it - but write down how difficult and depressing being overweight is, be honest about the negative impact it has on your life. Make sure your GP reads it in your presence.

I did everything before I got funding, even things I didn't think I needed to go through. Keep your eye on the prize!
The thing is with my pct is that you have to have a comorbidity, and i would never make anything up! lol
Thank you Dinda, the support means the world to me :) xxx

I don't think causing undue stress and anxiety would be made up. This journey causes it all. Still firing positivity towards you Caren :) xxx

I don't think causing undue stress and anxiety would be made up. This journey causes it all. Still firing positivity towards you Caren :) xxx
oh god no, dunno about you fuffs but this is well stressing me out, using my inhalers more and more :( well i know it is you too, bless us eh? lol

I ended up with a skin condition and had a panic attack 3 weeks ago. The stress of this on top of life just got too much in the end. I am trying to be calmer, but it is a very stressful journey for some of us. I won't say all, as some have quite an easy journey compared to others. Then some don't find it stressful at all.

But others like us are pushing against the wind the whole way and it becomes sooo tiring!! Xxx

Back