• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No referral

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
ok, ive been in touch with the doctors surgery again today and pinned her down to get answers. It turns out that my doctor only referred me to a dietitian and ive not been referred to the hospital or for funding or anything :( I was annoyed with her and said that she had told me on several occasions that they hadnt heard from the pct yet so gave me the impression that i'd been referred. Shes going to speak with the doctor and phone me back on Monday. I'm gutted, i'm back at the very beginning :cry::cry::cry:

Ah Caren am so sorry to hear that. That's truly awful I hate when they give false impressions.

Stay strong you will get there I have every faith in you. Just keep on at them.

Amy xx

That is sooooo cruel !!!!
Keep pushing hun don't give up xxxxxxxxxxxxx

every day ive been waiting for the post, letters from the hospital and pct, im so gutted, what a waste of time :cry: :4633:

I hope that it goes well for you.
I tried to get mine funded on the NHS about 4 years ago but was refused as South East Essex Funding Board will not fund the operation unless you have got diabetes or sleep apnoa which i haven't...
Was about to get the ball started again in Spring this year but I just thought i was wasting my time and decided to go Private.
Just just seems so unfair that this is a POST CODE LOTTERY as most patients in Chichester where i had my operation were all funded by the NHS.
I have struggled with my weight since i was a child, been depressed, found it hard to work in the past, but none of that was taken into account.
Before you go for your blood tests make sure you eat lots of sugary sweeties... that might help!!! lol xx

I hope that it goes well for you.
I tried to get mine funded on the NHS about 4 years ago but was refused as South East Essex Funding Board will not fund the operation unless you have got diabetes or sleep apnoa which i haven't...
Was about to get the ball started again in Spring this year but I just thought i was wasting my time and decided to go Private.
Just just seems so unfair that this is a POST CODE LOTTERY as most patients in Chichester where i had my operation were all funded by the NHS.
I have struggled with my weight since i was a child, been depressed, found it hard to work in the past, but none of that was taken into account.
Before you go for your blood tests make sure you eat lots of sugary sweeties... that might help!!! lol xx
i dont have the funds to go private, i so wish i did :cry:

ah bless you hun ... i would make appoitment and go and see her and tell her straight how you feel play on it if need be say you are despressed etc that help me hun i rang my local pct to find out what was need and they send me the forms which i took to docters i also asked for copys of every letter that was send and revied and i pushed and pushed them i think i got on my docters nervoes in the end ... big )))hugs(((

I agree ring the PCT and have a word with them, i did and got funded in 2 weeks !!! if could let you have my slot i would hun you have tried soooo hard to get the funding
(((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))) xxxxxxxxxxx

What a twat your GP is ! He has blatantly lied to you , make an appointment with him , ask why he has deceived you , if necessary threaten to report him to the GMC for failing to act in the best interest of his patient .
Good luck sweetie xx

Cheryl you made me laugh but your right lol x

Sorry to hear that Caren:sigh:. Its a long hard slog with the NHS isnt it. I am in the same boat. I soooo wish i could go private but its out of the question at the mo:sigh:. xx

I would make appt to see gp on monday, not fair to be told that when he or she has not referred you, so wrong. Hugs hun xx

Oh Caren. I couldn't be more gutted for you :cry:
Keep on their backs and complain big styleee! Keep a PMA and you never know what may happen xxxx Got all my bits n bobs crossed for u hunn xxxxx

Aww that is so horrible, I really feel for you, sending you big hugs, and here's hoping you get good news on Monday x

Thanks everyone xxx

Oh darling thats so sould destroying for you.

Get an appointment, and play hell with the GP. Phone your PCT and inform them what a cock up it all is....have you still got your sleep apnoea teat then? Why have they lined that up if you weren't on the treadmill?

Hopefully Monday might bring some good news:)

Thinking of you x x

Hi sweetie go in face to face and get them to tell you exactly. Make a double appointment. I bet they will soon buck up if you tell them you are going to phone the PCT. I am bloody fuming for you, how dare they treat people like this. You have to let them know hun so that they make sure they do it correctly next time. Bloody Wa**ers xxx

Oh darling thats so sould destroying for you.

Get an appointment, and play hell with the GP. Phone your PCT and inform them what a cock up it all is....have you still got your sleep apnoea teat then? Why have they lined that up if you weren't on the treadmill?

Hopefully Monday might bring some good news:)

Thinking of you x x
i asked to be referred because i think i might have it

Back