• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Looking older since losing weight

Stellap

At goal at last.....
Does anyone else have this? I think my face has aged quite a bit since losing weight, especially around the mouth. I had a fairly wrinkle free face before but I guess the fat was pushing them out. Can anyone recommend a good face cream?

I'm worried about this too. I'm 38 and apparantly look like I'm in my 40's already, according to some other dog walkers this week lol. Heaven knows what I'll look like when I lose the weight.

I feel the same. I didn't have any wrinkles before and my daughter used to say that she had more wrinkles than me lol.
I hear that as well as using face creams it is important to drink loads and loads of water, and I have to say that it has always worked for me in the past.
My picture on here makes me look as though I have loads of wrinkles but I think the camera was having a bad day, not me lol.
I use Olay face creams, day and night. I have a bath twice a week (shower the rest of the time lol) with moisturising bath soak and i also squirt a big squirt of baby oil into the water. When you get out of the water the baby oil stays on the skin and I just pat myself dry.

Lynne x

glad im not alone ,im worried about skin ageing,but im sure il deal with it ,its a small price to pay to be healthier,and theres lots of good creams and potions on the market to help ,the other thing i hate is when you lose weight and people start asking if your poorly,,the few times ive lost before they made me feel really bad,cant win can we,its either,have you put on weight? or have you been ill?! lol ,,,

I keep thinking the same but them there's Botox lol x

Without makeup I do have that blood hound look especially round the mouth......but a bit of foundation and it soon disapeers xx

My wrinkles are slightly more prominent now after losing 9 stones but I am told I look much younger with the weight off. I do take better care of my skin now though.

Smile!Makes mouth wrinkles disappear!
Use a good serum under your moisturizer!
Drink loads of water!
Dont look in mirrors!

And if all else fails get a clothes peg. pull the skin up from the top of ones head and peg it there. wrinkle free and boobs where they should be. xx

im 29 and still get asked for id now where i look so young! i can see me after surgery jumping from looking 18 to 40, but at least ill be slimmer! let me know on the creams i think im gonna need some too.lol.xx

Me too I look a younger than I am but I know its just my natural botox (fat) filling all my wrinkles... its a necessary evil tho unfortunatley I'll be wrinkly but healthy so bring it on :D

Drink loads & loads of water. And never wash your face with anything apart from water, also don't wear makeup unless special occasions x

Thanks for all you replies - I've been using bio oil since first starting to lose weight. I'm 47 so I knew that I would get wrinkles when I lost the weight but I was surprised by the difference in my face. I think I've discovered my vanity as I've lost weight as I never used to care about my looks when I was big :eek: and am seriously considering botox in the lines around my jaw and mouth. I'm 100% healthy now and should be happy with what I have but can't help feeling that this one tiny thing lets me down. I guess it will take a bit of getting used to having a different face and learn to love my saggy skin!

theres nothing wrong with wanting to look good,its not really vanity is it ,its good to take a pride in your self, botox sales will be increasing cos i def will use it if need be,but i probably would have even if i never had surgery ,ive started the bio oil but my body is badly marked before my surgery so i dont think it will help me much after, but its swings and roundabouts ,i just want to be healthier,and happier,will deal with the rest as and when needed,x

I just treated myself to a load of stuff off QVC,Its SBC shower gels, cleansers and serum.Its lovely and seems to be working in a few days I have noticed how soft my skin is and my face is less haggard looking!Maz x

Back