• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lower body lift !

judybrowneyes

Hi all I feel very lucky have had my lower body lift, hanging arms of babylon and thighs funding agreed due to my medical problems etc., the surgeon wants to do lowerbody lift and if he can the arms in one op in march no date yet....I told him i was going on holiday in May and he said no problem you will be fine by then...has anyone had that op done and how long goes it take before you are ok any advice? is arnica good after operation etc., hugs J

That is fantastic news Judy. Sorry I don't know the answer to your questions thougH>
Do you feel able to share the medical problems that led to you getting funding? It would help people to know what info they need to support applications
Many thanks and good luck with your ops
xx

Arnica helped me I hardly had any bruising. I had extended TT and arms done together and was fine took 6 weeks off but more due to tiredness after anaesthetic. Good luck

M

definitely medical problems go a long way towards getting funding as they ultimately want to reduce ongoing costs to the nhs , so be brave tell all!!

oh brilliant so when did you start to take the arnica? how is your scars? on your arms is it very noticeable i,e do you wear short or sleaveless yet? are you using any oils or cream on your scars now?

Congratulations - that's gr8 news x

I'm 12 months post op and wore short sleeved clothes from the start, well after the compression came off. The arnica I started post op, about 7 days I think as it was the surgeon's nurse who gave it to me. I also used bio oil and still do occasionally. Yes the scars are noticeable but they are on the inside of your arm so you only see them when you wave your arms around which for me is all the time!! Can't talk without my hands going like a windmill. They have faded considerably to mostly pale pink now and in some places are hardly visible. It is though a small consideration. The arms can also loosen slightly as you get further out as its not an exact science the surgeon said. They do it as tight as they can but your arm swells and then goes down afterwards which pulls it slightly. Mine are much better but still a bit loose as unfortunately for some strange reason I suddenly lost another stone after my plastics when my weight had been very stable for almost 2 years. Its nowhere near as bad as it was though so I can live with it, well I have to as spent as much as I can afford on plastics now.

Hope your op goes to plan and you enjoy the results as much as I do

M

thanks so much for sharing your experience amazing amazing you lost weight again after 2 years stable are you aware why it happend? doing anything different?

Not sure why it just seemed to go when I was at home after the 4 plastics surgeries and I suppose more in control of my food as at work I rush around and grab whats easiest. The stone went back on and came off again during this year after I realised how carb laden my diet had become again. So back to skin being still a bit loose around my arms and thighs but no more money or desire for a revision and its not bad really just slightly looser. Not long now to your surgery I bet you can't wait.

M

so true carbs is certainly not our friend lol i have lymphodema and if i eat too much carbs i take on fluid like a sponge lol I hope to find out a date for surgery once secretary back from holiday...i am keen to find out when as i have a big holiday on 19th May so got to be fit for that as we are going on a cruise with family and friends to celebrate our 60th birthday my consultant said i should be well over it by then...now in march I and another friend treated our friend to a trip for the three of us to paris around the 14th march for two nights,....grrrr i have laready forewarned that i migh thave to drop out of the trip as if they want to do the op that week that has to come first...i could ask if they could fit me in the following week but its seems a bit cheeky lol also i worry if they didit teh week after in is only 8 weekstill i go on bog holiday.... wonderful problems to have i know lol so in answer to your question ...yes very excited about saying good by to my hanging garden lol did you have two ops? how long inbetween? thanks again for all your sharing and advice

No problem re advice. I had 4 ops altogether. Extended TT and armlift, facelift and boob reduction and implants and upper eyes, Thigh lift and upper back lift and owing to capsulation of the implants a revision of the implant surgery. No problems any time at all and virtually no pain. The face things were not 'essential' but I wanted to claim back some time as it were as my neck was bad and I looked permanently unhappy and tired.

I hope that you enjoy the cruise I went on my first one last year and loved it but not the best of times with my friend I travelled with so this year 'gulp' I'm going alone on the same ship. I feel nervous already but who will want to run off with me I keep telling myself and I don't mind my own company and OH can't come so braving it.

M

Good for you Girl!! I am sure you will have a great time just wear your best smile and people will be friendly I am sure, which cruise you going on? I would love to get my neck sorted out had that turkey neck wobble grrr I will think about it after i have had my other surgury, my boobs well i was hoping he would do a fat transfer...but we did not get funding for that so I will ask him wht that would cost privately...i would prefer it to be done in a nhs hospital because of health issues shame you cant part pay...do you ever wear scar makeup for special occasions or do you just go with the flow....? x

I'm off on the P&O Azura. Nope never wear any scar make-up, to be honest I rarely think about the scars they are a million times better than the skin. Far more than the bypass which occupies my thoughts every day still, my plastic surgery has become 'normal' and rarely thought about. I hope you can get everything you want done it is so worth it.

Good luck

M

well I shall embrace all they offer me and have realistic expetations, I am seeing the plastics nurse for the pre op counselling...on 1march so its all happening.... I will feel more settled once i have op date as we have this cruise on 19 may with lots of friends going as it was our 60th this year so keen to get cracking with op ...surgeon says no problem do it in march you be fine to holiday in May so i am taking him at his word lol

Judy, Can I be so rude as to what health issues you had that helped you get funding. My arms in particular are a nightmare but don't know how to explain it in a medical problem way, if you see what I mean.

Back