• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Luton and dunstable wls... soon

Bling Babe

Hi I need some advice. I have just received my op date for the 7th December. Any wls from Luton and dustable hospital here ????

Xx
Hiya and welcome, I had my bypass at Luton in 2018, my surgeon was Mr Jain, I was assessing for 2 years prior to the surger, it is by far the best thing I’ve ever done but also the hardest, it’s definitely not a magic wand, I trust you’ve done lots of research so you know what to expect. My diary is in the bronze section of the site and you need to post 100 times to be able to access it but there is lots of helpful advice on here, unfortunately members have become very quiet in the past few months but I’m always happy to answer any questions you may have. I last 8.5 stone in less than a year, in fact I got too thin and look skeletal, I have gained 2 stone and I’m currently working hard to loose 1 of those stones as I want to get to 9 stone, my lowest was 8st 2lb.
good luck, keep on researching researching researching, it’ll be a wonderful early Christmas present.
which surgery are you having x

Hpa91

Hi thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone would be in touch. So I'm having the laprascopic sleeve gastrectomy. I've been with the team since 2017 - 18 maybe, Covid put a hold on alot of it. I'm so excited. Yes I've been researching the past few years, I know its going to be hard but I'm 1000% ready to get it done. It will improve my overall mental and physical health.

Well done too you for losing all of that weight though thats fantastic. I'm sure you'll get to where you need to be. What kind of things will I need to buy for the pre op diet? I understand it may or may not have changed since 2018 but I would assume alot is still the same?

Thanks 😊

SM10

Hi I need some advice. I have just received my op date for the 7th December. Any wls from Luton and dustable hospital here ????

Xx
Hi,
Congratulations on getting you op date. I am also a patient at Luton and Dunstable.

How long did you have to wait once placed on the waiting list for surgery?

Ive been on tier 3 for over 2 years and I’ve just moved onto teir 4. I’ve seen the MDT team last month and I’m waiting to meet the surgeon next month. Did they surgeon give you and op date there and then?
Thanks in advance :)

Hpa91

Hi, thanks, im excited ! So I got put on the waiting list at the end of September. I got my surgeey date come through the post last week.

Hope that helps

Bling Babe

Hi thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone would be in touch. So I'm having the laprascopic sleeve gastrectomy. I've been with the team since 2017 - 18 maybe, Covid put a hold on alot of it. I'm so excited. Yes I've been researching the past few years, I know its going to be hard but I'm 1000% ready to get it done. It will improve my overall mental and physical health.

Well done too you for losing all of that weight though thats fantastic. I'm sure you'll get to where you need to be. What kind of things will I need to buy for the pre op diet? I understand it may or may not have changed since 2018 but I would assume alot is still the same?

Thanks 😊
When I had mine the pre-op diet was the milk diet….very easy every day for 2 weeks your allowed 4 pints semi skimmed milk, one sugar free jelly sachet (I made mine with half milk from my daily allowance) or 2 small ready made sugar free jelly’s, one OXO to replace electrolyte, I made mine with hot milk from my allowance too it’s tasty if you use a chicken one, a little like thin chicken soup, and two sugar free chewing gums, unlimited sugar free drinks and it’s important to drink a least 2 litres a day, the milk can make you constipated so it’s a good idea to have some senna in ready. It is to shrink the liver so the surgeon can get to where he needs to go but a nice side effect is the weight loss, I lost 12lb in my month one.
when I first started my journey at Luton I also had to do the milk diet but this was for 1 month, did you not have to do that?
it sounds drastic but if your in the zone it’s actually pretty easy, there are no food choices to make which I found helpful.
good luck x

Hpa91

Hi thanks for reply ☺ yes I start mine on Monday! For 3 weeks. I'm excited as i hate making food choices so will be so easy I think. And I think because I've waited so long I'm quite happy to be doing it. Yes I done it previously but couldn't remember much of it until at my pre op the other day.
Thank you for the advice. X

SM10

Good Luck Hpa91 :). I hope your surgery goes well. Also please keep us updated on you journey. Such as what pre op diet you had to do and post op diet.

Hpa91

Thank you.. so ive started my pre op diet yesterday on day 2 now, I'm allowed up to 6 pints of milk a day, up to 3 small pots of jelly.
2 salty drinks. Unlimited no added sugar juice/tea/coffee ..and multi vitamins. Going ok so far just been keeping busy !!! Xx

Hpa91

I've just tried your idea you gave me about the milk and chicken stock ! It was really tasty and more filling .. thank you xx

Bling Babe

I've just tried your idea you gave me about the milk and chicken stock ! It was really tasty and more filling .. thank you xx
That’s great to hear, it just adds a bit of variation to it all, I’m sure you’ll be fine, as you say we wait so long for this moment we are more than happy to stick with it, after all it’s for our own good. Keep up the good work and please keep in touch x

Hpa91

Aww thank you for thinking of me! sorry I've just seen this but Now it's only 5 days to go! They called me yesterday to see if i could get there for 7am instead of 11am so of course i said yes! I'm day 16 milk diet, feeling really good if I'm honest! Lost 19lb! Got some more bloods tomorrow, then covid swab Saturday then isolation starts! Xx

Bling Babe

Your nearly on the losers bench ! Good luck xx

SM10

Aww thank you for thinking of me! sorry I've just seen this but Now it's only 5 days to go! They called me yesterday to see if i could get there for 7am instead of 11am so of course i said yes! I'm day 16 milk diet, feeling really good if I'm honest! Lost 19lb! Got some more bloods tomorrow, then covid swab Saturday then isolation starts! Xx
Hi 👋🏽!
hope your surgery went well. Wishing you speedy recovery!!

Bling Babe

Hi yes surgery went good been on pain meds past fews days so not been with it much and home at about 7pm. Just took some more pain meds xx
Yay welcome to the losers bench x