• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Made it

Heatherjojo

Ey guys, well it's all over. Had op on Monday came home yesterday and only just got back some energy. Really struggled to keep water down yesterday but somehow managed to have a couple of teaspoons of jelly and a couple of mouthfuls of complan shake to get my energy levels up.

Anyone share wat they have been eating/drinking post op??

Hey Heatherjojo - welcome back. Can't help as I'm still pre-op, but wanted to say glad all went well x

Glad all went ok, hope you have a speedy recovery :) x

Anyone share wat they have been eating/drinking post op??

Hi Heather,

My first fortnight (Weeks 1 and 2) post op was liquid only along the lines of:

-- 250 mls protein shake for breakfast (Wilko "Shape Up" own diet protein/diet shake thing -- Asda and Tesco do similar -- all cheaper and better than SlimFast, LOL!) It has more grams of protein and less carbs than Slimfast

-- water (throughout the day)

-- 2 cups of tea

-- 1 or 2 cups of milk

-- 1 x WW or Heinz thin soup (usually cream of chicken with the bits of chicken strained out or blended in using the blender)

Weeks 3 and 4 (according to my hospital's own post sleeve diet advice) were "soft" / mushy and puree food and for me this was:

-- 250 mls protein shake for breakfast (as before)

-- 100 grams cottage cheese

-- 2 Ryvita crackerwheat with Philadelphia light (the crackerwheat are really soft if crunched a lot not like normal hard Ryvita)

-- 2 or 3 slices of very thin, fine corned beef (I found that this was very crumbly and soft)

-- 2 x eggs scrambled

-- 100 grams of baked beans

(I don't cook -- never have and really don't expect miracles at 44 years of age -- so puree'ing food was something I never got into -- I just made my choices from soft food options available.)

Now at 5 weeks post op (now into week 6) I am on "normal" food which has included:

-- 1/4 of a cheese + brocoli quiche (ate the middle bit, not the pastry)

-- Thai green chicken curry (inc a small amount of rice -- no problem if chewed well enough)

-- small squares of cod on a side plate

-- 1/2 of a crab wrap (again ate mostly the middle and left most of the wrap / bread behind)

Oh, and I am *still* having 250 mls protein shake for my breakfast every morning -- I find it useful to grind / blend all my other meds and vitamin pills into (I bought a pill crusher) as we cannot tolerate whole pills until 3 months post surgery.

Back