• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

manutrition

mrscinders

Anyone worried about manutrition just my uncle just kindly inboxed me on fb telling me of a storey he read in a magazine about a woman who had a band and died of manutrition

i feel a little worried as my sister is ill in hospital she had a gastric bypass op 5wks ago and has caught a bug and is now.bk in sunderland royal as she carnt drink or eat without being sick just hope she gets better soon shes getting fluids through a drip

but not on her daily meds hope the docs know.what they are doing im sure they do x

Sister just rang shes eaten a yougurt eairler and feeling.hungery again so shes gping to ask for another shes still not drunk anything but she said shes not felt sick for a few hrs so fingers crossed x

It's a real risk with the bypass because of the malabsorption part and of course you can't fit much in. I know there are a few people on here who have suffered with some deficiencies so It is a real possibility but the way I look at it is that food after wls is about getting the best nutrition as possible, keeping treats at a minimum and of course staying on top of your vitamins. We can only do our part but to be honest a lot of us are malnourished before weight loss surgery so with the other health benefits that come from the surgery so for me I would definitely choose surgery every time.

Hope you sister is all better and out of hospital soon x

Wishing your sister a speedy recovery x

Hi Kellie, my friend gave m a magazine with an article in it about a woman who very nearly died after her band slipped, but remember the press always like to dramatise horror stories or stories about failure, there's never very much positive press about WLS.
But if you read though the threads on here you'll see a completely different side to WLS, lots of success stories!
I know some people have complications during or after WLS but the majority don't.

Hope your sister is getting better :)
Em xxx

Thank you everyone think im panicking a little with my date being so close x

Back