• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2015 Surgeries

So today is the first day of my LSD, only 3 weeks till my surgery. However last week I started adopting the principles of my LSD if not the strict quantities and I am staggered to find I have lost 9LBS!!!!! Lynn x
Hi ladilindy, how the LSD going?

Thanks Dizzy, I didn't have to do a LSD just a low cal one. My surgery was with healthier weight and they do a brand of diet food. I'm on the 2nd week of my post op liquids and I have there milkshakes. I swear to god a sachet mixed with ice and water in the nutri bullet is like a McDonald's shake. Is there anything similar you can try? Xx

Also my stomach quiet sore now as the area where the dressing were stuck are quite inflamed, I'll monitor overnight and see how I get on :-( x

Well done brooks that fab :) How you doin on the liquid diet? I feel bored already and I'm only 4 days in...bring on the sloppy mush!!

I'm counting down the days to purée too!! Although the soups and shakes are very nice, I've got my work colleagues on them too ;-) the support is massive!! I've a craving for purée cauli with cheese sauce! And my solids craving is a fun size Milky Way.........shame I never craved that earlier maybe I wouldn't of needed a band. Normally it would be a family size Galaxy with a bottle of wine ??

Good to hear you operation went well and amazing weight loss in such a short time.can you update your user details to show what kind of surgery you had etc. Look forward to seeing photos

I had a gastric band fitted 10th March, in the Spire at Manchester with Prof Ammori. I was 246lbs (5ft 6) and I'm 41 xxx

Thanks Dizzy, I didn't have to do a LSD just a low cal one. My surgery was with healthier weight and they do a brand of diet food. I'm on the 2nd week of my post op liquids and I have there milkshakes. I swear to god a sachet mixed with ice and water in the nutri bullet is like a McDonald's shake. Is there anything similar you can try? Xx
Am not on the shakes, am doing 3 x carbs, 2 x50g protein, 2 x fruit, 2 x dairy & unlimited starch free veg. Planned all my meals up to the op I just didn't expect to have sweet cravings, all I can think about tonight is liquorice of all things to crave for bizarre!

Hi Brooks,
Prof Ammori also did my operation but at Roding Spire.

I should check their protein shakes. I am using Protein Works, strawberry/cream and it does taste like good milkshake, 20gram protein in one scoop.

I am on to 2nd stage, soft foods. Sadly tougher than liquid stage (prof also said most people find this one tougher). Can't wait for puree stage.

Wish I could everything say permission denied , I can only see current and subscribed threads ?? xx

You can change your details by clicking on the User CP button at the top.It took me a while to find it

Lynn x

Hi ladilindy, how the LSD going?

LSD is going fine, not getting very hungry, but need to keep an eye on getting fluids in. Lost another 3lbs on the first proper week making 12lbs in all. I don't think mine is quite as strict as yours though

Paid for my op last night, was a bit worried I would make a mistake and it wold go into some random bank account, but the confirmed receipt this morning

Lynn x

Hi Brooks, Prof Ammori also did my operation but at Roding Spire. I should check their protein shakes. I am using Protein Works, strawberry/cream and it does taste like good milkshake, 20gram protein in one scoop. I am on to 2nd stage, soft foods. Sadly tougher than liquid stage (prof also said most people find this one tougher). Can't wait for puree stage.

Ooh is that Redbridge?? I grew up in Wanstead so that was the hospital we went too privately xx I love the shakes and soups. Brought the surgery pack but I give hubby the dinners as I'd rather have the M&S count on us when I can eat some solids xx, so soft is before purée? Yikes I need to read my pack again xx

Brooks I couldn't find it from iPad app so I logged into web site, and did it on there, iPad tells me I am denied access to everything but web page allowed mt to do it just now xx

Brooks I couldn't find it from iPad app so I logged into web site, and did it on there, iPad tells me I am denied access to everything but web page allowed mt to do it just now xx

I'll dig the MacBook out in the morning, I'm so lazy I only use my iPad. Hopefully I am get it sorted and upload more profile and pics etc xx

I'll dig the MacBook out in the morning, I'm so lazy I only use my iPad. Hopefully I am get it sorted and upload more profile and pics etc xx
you can still do it from your iPad just open Safari & do it from there, that how I just did it you don't even need to close this app xx

Hi Brooks, yes at Redbridge. I was the 1st person he operated on there. As such I did not access to his team really, so not familiar with the packs you mention.
I had sleeve surgery, maybe your diet is different than mine.x

Back