• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2016 surgery

Mrs Noodles

I thought I'd start this thread as i'm having surgery for a gastric sleeve at the BMI Alexandra hospital on 26th March with Professor Ammori.

Congratulations you've booked are you having your gall bladder done at the same time? Did you get anywhere with the price increase? Xx

all the very best

HI yes all booked with the Professor and just accepted the price increase as they wouldnt shift on it. Started pre op diet and cant believe its only a week on Friday away! x

Gallbladder

Congratulations you've booked are you having your gall bladder done at the same time? Did you get anywhere with the price increase? Xx

Sorry yes I'm having my gallbladder out at the same time x

You will be so pleased but don't worry if your not sure you did the right thing for a few days X

You will be so pleased but don't worry if your not sure you did the right thing for a few days X

Thanks Niccie, I've read a few ladies diaries where they have said that and I'm expecting to feel a bit like that. However i'm so excited and feeling really positive for the future. I'm committed to making it work for me :)

I was the same, very committed, I was slighter bigger than you I think, 17st 9 when I started pre op diet. Im 1/2lb off of 6 stone list now at nearly 7 months out. So it won't be long and you will be delighted :)

Hello another March surgery here too. I've already had mine on 14th match so I'm 5 days out. Everyday is getting better although I felt so awful at first I kind of thought why the hell have I do me this to myself! Anyway I'm taking it day by day and feeling much better. Currently in purée/ liquids but not managing much at all. Had 1/3 bottle slim fast for breakfast, 1/4 tub puréed chicken and lentil soup for lunch and a few spoonfuls of Danio yoghurt for tea. Trying to get the fluids down managing around 2 tall glasses per day! On the day on my surgery I weighed 18 st 13 after losing 2st 6 since original referral. Weighed myself yesterday going for huge loss as I have barely eaten anything .... Weighed exactly the same! Does anyone have any idea of why this may be? I know it will come I just want the see some results !!

Good luck for 26th! My top tip would be to bring some lip balm on the day of your op. I forgot mine and my lips were soon dry ! Xx

Hello another March surgery here too. I've already had mine on 14th match so I'm 5 days out. Everyday is getting better although I felt so awful at first I kind of thought why the hell have I do me this to myself! Anyway I'm taking it day by day and feeling much better. Currently in purée/ liquids but not managing much at all. Had 1/3 bottle slim fast for breakfast, 1/4 tub puréed chicken and lentil soup for lunch and a few spoonfuls of Danio yoghurt for tea. Trying to get the fluids down managing around 2 tall glasses per day! On the day on my surgery I weighed 18 st 13 after losing 2st 6 since original referral. Weighed myself yesterday going for huge loss as I have barely eaten anything .... Weighed exactly the same! Does anyone have any idea of why this may be? I know it will come I just want the see some results !!

Good luck for 26th! My top tip would be to bring some lip balm on the day of your op. I forgot mine and my lips were soon dry ! Xx

Hi Kennedy did you end up going band to sleeve did they do it in one op? I'm 8 weeks post op band to sleeve. Suprised they've got you on purée already as I had to do two weeks on liquids and they said it may take longer to move through the stages as it was a revision although I was ok. Don't stress over early weightloss could be fluid retention from drips after op etc it will come I've lost slower than some on here I'm just at 25lb now I was thinking maybe it's because it's not my first time. Good luck I'm finding it a lot easier to live with than my band and I can tolerate everything I've tried so far in small portions x

Hi monalisa Yeah I decided in sleeve. I spoke to My surgeon on the phone and he recommended sleeve so I thought that he was the expert!
Yeah I'm with northern general (Sheffield) and their advice seems to be quite different it's clear fluids for first day then liquid/ purée for next three weeks. To be honest I haven't had anything purred other than the soup as I'm not really feeling up to it yet.
Any tips for what I can eat to get protein in ?
Weighed just after I posted and 5lbs down since op! Can't grumble with that?
When were you able to get up and out of the house? When did all your pain go? Are you still felling tired? I'm due back to work a week on mo day :s. Sorry for all the questions! Well done on your loss that's fantastic ! X

Hi monalisa Yeah I decided in sleeve. I spoke to My surgeon on the phone and he recommended sleeve so I thought that he was the expert!
Yeah I'm with northern general (Sheffield) and their advice seems to be quite different it's clear fluids for first day then liquid/ purée for next three weeks. To be honest I haven't had anything purred other than the soup as I'm not really feeling up to it yet.
Any tips for what I can eat to get protein in ?
Weighed just after I posted and 5lbs down since op! Can't grumble with that?
When were you able to get up and out of the house? When did all your pain go? Are you still felling tired? I'm due back to work a week on mo day :s. Sorry for all the questions! Well done on your loss that's fantastic ! X

Congrstulations on your five pounds I was lucky my doctor recommended I had a good long break from work cos everything had got on top of me I was fairly ok pain wise and prob went out in my second week but have taken it very easy. Protein is hard in the early stages but milk or the high protein yoghurt are a good source a lot have the protein drinks but I wasn't keen it does get easier don't worry , did you band to sleeve in one op or did you have band removed before who was your surgeon? Xx

Last edited:

Hi Kennedy

Thanks for the top tip re lip balm! :)

I've read you've now lost 5lb so your body is beginning to adjust. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Can I ask, can you walk about without pain on day 5?

Lisa x

Yes I could walk about the day after. It's painful but you can do it. Today I feel a million times better only had one lot of pain killers don't think I'll need any more. Only one of my sites it slightly painful and swollen the rest are ok. It's the getting up from sitting and lying which really hurt at first but much better. I feel much more positive today and looking forward to the rest of my life! I've been out today and taken my son to the doctors(partner drive) and I feel better for going out. Just resting a lot and watching lodes of tv which is getting boring now. Going to do the food shop tommorow with partner and three year old to get me out and about abit.

Monalisa yes I had band out and sleeve all in one don't think I could have coped with two ops! Did you have two? Any tips of what to eat in purée stage feeling abit more up to it now. I might have some milky readybreak for tea.

What about highlights hot chocolates?

I think I dumped on slim fast this morning!!

Yes I could walk about the day after. It's painful but you can do it. Today I feel a million times better only had one lot of pain killers don't think I'll need any more. Only one of my sites it slightly painful and swollen the rest are ok. It's the getting up from sitting and lying which really hurt at first but much better. I feel much more positive today and looking forward to the rest of my life! I've been out today and taken my son to the doctors(partner drive) and I feel better for going out. Just resting a lot and watching lodes of tv which is getting boring now. Going to do the food shop tommorow with partner and three year old to get me out and about abit.

Monalisa yes I had band out and sleeve all in one don't think I could have coped with two ops! Did you have two? Any tips of what to eat in purée stage feeling abit more up to it now. I might have some milky readybreak for tea.

What about highlights hot chocolates?

I think I dumped on slim fast this morning!!

No I had one luckily but wasn't guaranteed they could do it that's why I wondered who your surgeon is cos don't think there's a lot that do it from what I've heard. Hot chocolate is fine but you'd be better making it with milk. On purée I had corn beef hash, homemade pea and ham soup, mash carrots and turnips cauliflower cheese with gravy semolina apple or banana and custard I preferred to purée things that should be more soft anyway as thought of say chicken put me off lol x

Mine warned me that he may not be able to do the procedure if there was too much scaring but after he said there was barely any scaring at all. Good idea I'm going to try some proper things over the weekend to try and say away from the slim fast which I think is far too sweet for me. Are you on normal food yet? What are your portion sizes like x

Thanks, that's really good to hear your up and about and could walk the day after, i'm quite sure I'll go stir crazy after a few days of lying around. I know my body though and will listen to it and take it easy.

Mine warned me that he may not be able to do the procedure if there was too much scaring but after he said there was barely any scaring at all. Good idea I'm going to try some proper things over the weekend to try and say away from the slim fast which I think is far too sweet for me. Are you on normal food yet? What are your portion sizes like x

Yes on normal food using a small tea plate and can't finish it but have found biscuits etc still go down too well lol x

Back