• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2016 surgery

I hate to say this but I think I'm feeling hunger! I've felt really hungry all day. It's the first day I have had my appetite back since surgery and I'm not particularly craving foods I'm just not being filled up. Maybe I'm not eating enough I've just been having three small meals and my advice from hospital says 4-6 meals per day. I'll try tommorow to have more meals but I thought this surgery was supposed to stop the hunger? Any advice? Is this normal? X

Good luck and Congratulations to you all having or that have had surgery in March x

So 9 days out and all is going very well. Things have settled down much more and I'm feeling back to my normal self. I'm on purée and liquid diet so making my own soups for lunch and purée family meal at tea time cottage pie, lasagne ect. Does this should ok or should I be avoiding the carbs in the pasta/ mash ?

Also it's my birthday on sat. Now I've not touched sweets, choc, cake ( which is my downfall) for about s month since pre op. It's fine and not really bothering me as I'm so full with my good but I'm wondering would it be really miserable to not allow myself a little treat on my birthday? What are people's thoughts on this ? Thanks

2 days to go... Best of luck Mrs Noodles!

2 days to go... Best of luck Mrs Noodles!

Thanks Lisa

Had pre op today and met the Nurse, physio and dietician. All clear on the health front but can't believe the amount of blood they took :eek:

All starting to feel very real :) x

I hope your surgery went well, please do update us, it's been SO helpful reading everyone's experiences on this thread.

Hope it all went well ?
Mindy
Xxx

Hi quick update. I've lost stone in the last three weeks since surgery? Does this seem normal or do people tend to loose more? I know a stone in three weeks in any other instance is amazing but I can't help but look at others diaries and feel that lots of people have lost that in the first week!

Another issue I think may be totm. I've pretty much been on my period for the last two weeks. I know from trying to loose before it's impossible during totm. Does anyone else find this?

Thanks

So 9 days out and all is going very well. Things have settled down much more and I'm feeling back to my normal self. I'm on purée and liquid diet so making my own soups for lunch and purée family meal at tea time cottage pie, lasagne ect. Does this should ok or should I be avoiding the carbs in the pasta/ mash ?

Also it's my birthday on sat. Now I've not touched sweets, choc, cake ( which is my downfall) for about s month since pre op. It's fine and not really bothering me as I'm so full with my good but I'm wondering would it be really miserable to not allow myself a little treat on my birthday? What are people's thoughts on this ? Thanks
I hope this doesn't sound preachy or like psychobabble. Wanting to treat ourselves is a natural thing to want to do when it is our birthday as it marks the special day we came into the world and is a cause for celebration. However, we live in a society where we equate celebration with food, and this is the reason why so many of us are on this site, because we have used food as an emotional thing.

Rather than seeing your treat needing to be food, could you not buy your self something instead that you would really like and would feel like a treat, doesn't have to be expensive, a birthday present to yourself to say that you are special, but not to the extent that it has to involve food?

Since having my op 2 weeks ago its really amazing to see how much everyday life revolves aound food. I've had a few invitations of friends last couple of weeks to meet up for breakfast, lunch or a night out and have had to decline.

I've also noticed how much me and my husband would eat on days out from visiting a coffee shop and having a cake or crisps in the car. He also used to bring my chocolate bars home as a treat and now has to think twice and not buy them for me anymore.

Eating is a very social thing and the only way I will deal with it when I can eat normally is to try and make sensible choices and take each day as it comes as its a journey.

Last edited:
My view on treats (this is how I have managed over the last 7.5 months):
If it's someone's birthday or a special occasion I have a tiny sliver or a bite. Then psychologically I haven't missed out but I haven't done any real damage either. If I have had a bad day head wise I allow myself to choose one bad thing, I take my time choosing and try not to eat it all, often throwing half away. I build in treats every day taking account the nutritional value, usually a light digestive, baked crisps or a home made energy bar. Good luck X

Back