• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2017 Surgeries

Caffinated

Its been a week since I had the surgery and i have lost i think 7 lb post surgery! Might be actually 10lb as that's what this website says but i write down somewhere my weight on the day, either way, a loss is a loss! I know every week won't be like this but am feeling pretty chuffed right now!

Carby2barbie

Its been a week since I had the surgery and i have lost i think 7 lb post surgery! Might be actually 10lb as that's what this website says but i write down somewhere my weight on the day, either way, a loss is a loss! I know every week won't be like this but am feeling pretty chuffed right now!

Well done!! I'm weighing tomorrow! Because that's a week since I last weighed after surgery once I was home! I am dying to get on the scales!! I usually weigh myself daily.... but my partner has put them out of reach! Xx

countrywench

Barbie . Will you actually get to see the surgeon when you go back to have stitches out or when do you see him again ?
Xxxx

TiaLi

I managed to get out of bed by myself, without help, yesterday. First time since surgery! Well, first time without screaming at least haha

Hannah2

I managed to get out of bed by myself, without help, yesterday. First time since surgery! Well, first time without screaming at least haha
Great NSV!!!!

I was like a turtle on its back to begin with! lol!

TiaLi

That's EXACTLY how I feel @Hannah2 ! :D It is so frustrating not being able to move properly and needing help with most things. So annoyed that I seem to be a very slow healer (10 days since surgery today). I can use the muscles on the left side on the abdomen a bit now, but the right side is still soooo sore and painful. One of the incisions on that side is very bruised.

You don't realise how much you actually use your abdominal muscles on an everyday basis, until you can't!

TiaLi

How are you guys getting along with your fluid intake? I was told to aim for 2 litres/day, but so far I haven't even been able to reach 1 litre.

countrywench

No as he's on holiday. I see him on the 27th April but I can email him if I want to xx
That's good thou actually get to see the surgeon again .. I know some places you only ever get to see their team afterwards .. xxx

TiaLi

I used to like milk, but since surgery I can't stand it. I have managed some drinking yogurt with a bit of protein powder in it though. The thing that most easily goes down is low-sugar pomegranate juice - water for some odd reason feels harder on the stomach.

TiaLi

I feel great now that I can finally eat and drink, the first two months were awful. Am excited to move on with things! Now I just need to build up my strength, it doesn't take much for me to feel faint. But I'm sure that will come once I get more calories in and build back some of the muscle mass I think I lost during those two months.

I've been quite lucky so far in that I haven't really reacted badly to anything I've eaten - nor have I dumped (not even on freshly squeezed apple juice). I do however, have a problem with sweeteners, anything with sweeteners tastes really disgusting to me. Like liquid sugar, yuk.

Bling Babe