• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2017 Surgeries

So here I am in Solihull. My surgery is about 4pm tomorrow . I have done all I can to prepare. My final weigh in was 23lb loss. Pleased with that. I had to eat out I chose wisely with small steak with veg no dressings etc. No desert either. I'm getting good at saying no.

I can have a light breakfast. I'm opting for fruit and yogurt. Then nothing. No chewing gum either boooo.
Good luck a Paula xxxx

Good luck Paula, look forward to reading your updates x Xx

Good luck for today Paula
So here I am in Solihull. My surgery is about 4pm tomorrow . I have done all I can to prepare. My final weigh in was 23lb loss. Pleased with that. I had to eat out I chose wisely with small steak with veg no dressings etc. No desert either. I'm getting good at saying no.

I can have a light breakfast. I'm opting for fruit and yogurt. Then nothing. No chewing gum either boooo.

Good luck for today Paula - you've gotten off to a cracking start pre-op and I'm sure your post-op loss will be awesome as well.

Morning to all, especially those booked for the 18th like me! I can't believe that it's less than a week away! It seems quite surreal that real life is carrying on at the moment. I'm pretty much a secret sleever as only my husband and a couple of friends know, so I've hardly spoken to anyone about what is going on.

LJ - how are you doing today? Hope you're feeling a bit brighter. I was warned by the nurse in my pre-op that the general anaesthetic can make you feel very emotional - maybe this is contributing to you feeling really tearful? I take anti-depressants and she warned that I must keep taking them because of this.

Morning to all, especially those booked for the 18th like me! I can't believe that it's less than a week away! It seems quite surreal that real life is carrying on at the moment. I'm pretty much a secret sleever as only my husband and a couple of friends know, so I've hardly spoken to anyone about what is going on.

LJ - how are you doing today? Hope you're feeling a bit brighter. I was warned by the nurse in my pre-op that the general anaesthetic can make you feel very emotional - maybe this is contributing to you feeling really tearful? I take anti-depressants and she warned that I must keep taking them because of this.

Same day as me...omg im excited/nervous now.

All I am thinking about..I am a bander though xx

Do u know what time your op is? Im in afternoon meh!!

Must be hard not talking about it..2 of my friends have had it done so I am lucky n v open about it xx

Same day as me...omg im excited/nervous now.

All I am thinking about..I am a bander though xx

Do u know what time your op is? Im in afternoon meh!!

Must be hard not talking about it..2 of my friends have had it done so I am lucky n v open about it xx

I'm in the afternoon too, although I don't know the exact time. I don't have to book in until 12.30, so hopefully not too much waiting around I haven't told my family because I don't think they'll approve - they think it's too risky. I think that staying at my current weight is even more risky!

I'm in the afternoon too, although I don't know the exact time. I don't have to book in until 12.30, so hopefully not too much waiting around I haven't told my family because I don't think they'll approve - they think it's too risky. I think that staying at my current weight is even more risky!
Good luck to you both xx

I have to be there at 12 so we will probs be down at same time hehe ekkkk xx

Yes totally agree..its ur body and quality of life and the way ur weight makes u feel ...it is annoying having to justify it.

My mum worries more than me and it aint helping..i was pretty straight with her and said i didnt wana hear it..i am goong througg it not u lol xxxx

Hey Paula, hope it went well! Looking forward to hearing from you!

I am scheduled to have the MGB at the end of the month. I am having some doubts all of a sudden and wondering whether I should have the sleeve instead as there isn't as much information available about the MGB. My first choice would have been the RNY but my bmi is too low for that option.

I don't know whether I should opt for the sleeve instead to give me the reassurance (especially since I'm travelling abroad for surgery) or whether to stick with my original plan and have the MGB. Really stressing over it!

Hope everyone who has had their surgery is doing well! Let us know how you are doing when you are up to it :)

Also good luck tomorrow Nickynooo! It'll be all done before you know it! :hugs:

I have just transferred 7450Euros via transferwise to Belgium Surgery Services! So nervous now, waiting for them to tell me they have received the money! Eek! It also feels so real now that I have paid, it's definitely happening :D Pre op is going okay, pretty hungry and craving pizza but nevermind, 11 days left for me :)

Hope everyone who has had their surgery is doing well! Let us know how you are doing when you are up to it :)

Also good luck tomorrow Nickynooo! It'll be all done before you know it! :hugs:

I have just transferred 7450Euros via transferwise to Belgium Surgery Services! So nervous now, waiting for them to tell me they have received the money! Eek! It also feels so real now that I have paid, it's definitely happening :D Pre op is going okay, pretty hungry and craving pizza but nevermind, 11 days left for me :)

Thanks hun xxxxx 11 days will defo go quick!!!! Encited for you xxx

Hi peeps

Yep all booked in to have a band 21st July at Dolan Park.

I'm really excited, anxious and TOTALLY FREAKING out.

Have you guys and girlies told people you are having wls?

Tammy

Hi hun, how did u get on with ur band? U finding everything ok so far?? Xxx be good to hear from you

Hi,
I haven't told my mum either. I have 8 days to go til surgery. She's getting on and is rather forgetful so I thought I would tell her afterwards then she doesn't have to worry! Did your family take it ok when you told them?
Jill

Nicky- I'm going to Tenerife so should be nice weather! I can't wait! (Though I'm always really nervous about being 'that fat girl' flying)

Eek! That will be difficult, though I guess it's going to have to be done. Try to remind yourself how important the surgery is if you start to struggle! And you can always come here if you just need someone to talk to :)

Please excuse my lack of science skills, but it basically involves making a smaller stomach (but not cutting it off, so it is reversible if necessary) and they also bypass part of the small intestine which stores the calories from food. So it should give restriction as well as absorbing fewer calories. Fingers crossed!

Tammy- I'm so nervous too! My surgery is a week after yours so definitely come back here to let us know how you get on! I just keep trying to remind myself how important this is to my health.

The only person I have told is my husband! I told my boss I was having surgery but didn't specify what type. I really want to tell my mum but I know she would be really against it and I don't really want that negativity right now. (She also can't keep a secret at all so that's another reason I haven't told her). Who have you told?

Barne

That struck a chord... big my whole life. I don't know how it's going to feel when I'm not.
Jill
Your date is very close to mine, mine is the 3rd July so I'd be happy to share my progress with you. I'm very nervous also and I can't believe it's all finally happening. All my friends and family are so supportive and keep saying they can't wait to see me slim and happy but I just can't imagine it as I've been big my whole life. I think it'll all start to feel real once the ops all done with. Xx

Back