• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Massive milestone!

Yvessa

I am so so thrilled today! Have just dipped under 300 lbs - 125lbs lost! I have so much of my mobility back - I love going out even just to get jobs done. I don't procrastinate as much and I am just so happy. I am not even five months out yet... Can't imagine where I'll be in a years time!

thats fantastic hunni , i am so very happy for you :D

It's funny isn't it - like you I am most amazed at how different I feel - ok it's great to see big numbers going... I never knew loosing weight would make me feel so different about myself and life. I wonder had I know would that have been motivation to do it without surgery??
So pleased for you xxxx

Sadly Oonion, it was never the motivation that was the issue - it was the behaviours around food. And the bypass gives you time to work on them.

That's brilliant Yvessa, so pleased for you, well done hunni.
Xxx

Well done Yvessa. I think every milestone should be celebrated. For people like us who have had weight problems for years it's terrific to finally have something that actually works. I agree the psychological changes are even more powerful and in many ways more surprising than the physical changes. I have found that I think about food less, that I crave lighter foods rather than heavy stodgy ones as before. I also love to be active and want to use all the energy I have now that I did not have before. I used to hate physical activity and would always find excuses to put things off. For me it feels as if I have had 2 operations. One on my stomach and the other on my brain.

Looking great Yves - very well done xx

congrats to you :)

oh yay!!! well done mate, you are an inspiration!! and you eat some lovely food! congrats :) xxx

So happy for you Yve. As you know my weight affected my mobility too so I understand what a huge deal it is to suddenly have it back and be able to really move again. It's wonderful news. Well done, you deserve it :D xx

Many congrats, Yvessa!

I know I have had less far to come down than you but I was originally over 300 lbs (up to 330 lbs) and getting under that 300 was a key turning point that I went past during the pre-op stage (was down to 287 on op date) -- but then obviously I was able to lose 30 - 40 lbs "on my own" ...... [always have been able to lose that amount -- the problem always was getting beyond 40 lbs and keeping if off!]

It must be so much harder for those of you whose starting weights were above 400 lbs.

Sometimes I look at the starting weights of "newbies" and sometimes their starting weight now (like some between 220 - 250 lbs) is where I am now and I think things like "lightweights" -- how could they possibly know what it is like to need to lose 176 lbs?

The original amount I needed to lose at referral was 176 lbs (which was as mentally daunting to me as needing a 200+ lb loss -- or a 90 lb loss -- is to others), but having now sent 101 lbs of it packing I only have 75 lbs still to go.

Likewise, your first 125 lbs off takes you that much closer to reaching YOUR next milestone.

Onwards + downwards, Yvessa -- it's all coming off, oh yes it is !!!!!!!

Back