• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Massive milestone!

Thanks everyone - Shelleymarie - it was my mobility that got me to finally take that step. I have been lucky in that my general fitness and wellbeing even at 30 stone was reasonable enough that I had a fairly full life but its only now that I'm almost 9 stone down (.25 of a lb off!) that I realise how much I was forcing my body to cope with. And its wonderful to feel my muscles move and to feel the strength in them again and be able to make an appointment when you're running late without getting there wheezing and gasping.

Sharonimo - I think for those of us above 20 stone to start with struggle to get our heads arond how much we have to lose - I don't see a great difference between starting at 400 or 300 as psychologically its the same process. Considering that we each want to lose a larger proportion of our bodies than we want to keep.

The biggest issue is faith and I think we all have that. We all believe we will fail and even after we hit goal we will worry that we will fail to maintain. And that's something I think everyone, no matter where they start goes through.

Congratulations Yvessa, that is a marvellous achievement, keep up the great work, Liz xx

Ladies, I too have been almost 30 stone at one point, and I personally think that's why diets have failed, because the numbers were so huge, in as much as if I managed to lose 2 stone, I'd still be 16/17 stone overweight, and it would always be at that point I gave up. 22 stone now means I've got 11 stone to go, and even when I think that there's no way I will be able to lose that much I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, and under 20 stone would be amazing... Just wish I wasn't so exhausted all the time so that I could exercise more to help shift the weight. You ladies are really inspirational to me. I bow down to you in awe.
Xxxx

Well done Yvessa, that's an amazing weight loss, I bet you're feeling brilliant about yourself.
Reading updates like yours is a great inspiration and motivation to me as I'm not even a fortnight out of surgery and am still getting my head round my new life style.
Em xxxxx

Shelleymarie - you can't think like that. That I've lost 9 stone boggles my mind, how much more I want to lose is unthinkable - I can't approach my goal that way. So I take it a stone at a time and as the stones go by about once a month it keeps you on a high - please don't focus on the big picture - we just can't handle it. A stone at a time - that's all most people who go to weightwatchers etc want to lose. And they find that hard work and it can take them months. But if you'd asked me if I thought five months after my operation I'd been 9 stone down I would have said no. In fact a colleague asked me how quickly I hoped to see results and I told her I would be happy however long it took as long as I never put it back on, I was so convinced that I wouldn't have good or big losses. But one stone at a time keeps me going.

Evenstarr, the first month is an emotional rollercoaster. No matter how much you lose, it never seems enough (trust me, I lost 32 lbs in my first month and was still whinging). You wonder what you've done, food seems like it will never be normal and everything you do revolves around the operation. Once the first month is up you will start to really feel the benefit.

Fantastic news Yve, well done xxxx

125 1bs!! Well done Yvessa!! Makes my palty few pounds lost seem even less!! Only hope I can be as successful with my bypass as you are. Your determination and focus is awesome!!

Amanda, you have lost every week since surgery - in week 3 I had a gain. Its easy for me to say this - but the weight will come off you. If you're following the guidelines you'll be surprised at how quickly you're down by 1 stone and then 2 and so on...it took me 29 years to put the weight on - it will take time for it all to come off.

I am so so thrilled today! Have just dipped under 300 lbs - 125lbs lost! I have so much of my mobility back - I love going out even just to get jobs done. I don't procrastinate as much and I am just so happy. I am not even five months out yet... Can't imagine where I'll be in a years time!
THats brilliant Yve well done keepit going you doing amazing xx

I'm sure you're right Yvessa, and thanks for the words of encouragement, I suppose we are all pretty impatient when we start this journey xxx

I'm still impatient :) The problem with impatience is it can lead us to sabotage our own efforts.

Back