• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

more positive

dsarah1977

Hi all after feeling down about foods i couldnt eat yesterday as im trying to lose weight as been told need to lose 3-4 stone b4 i could have wls.On a better note today i feel alot better started eating from a sandwich plate to keep portions down as when eat from dinner plate even if full i will finish,just ate some cornbeef hash and it satisfyed me having it this way,just hope im ok come tonight as im finding thats my worse time.Im rally determined to off lost some weight before i see consultant monday im determined to prove how bad i want and need to have wls.

sarah xx

hi sarah, im glad to hear your feeling better about things today, well done on cutting the portion sizes down, and you show the surgeon that you mean business xxx

Hi
Well done, the smaller plate size deffo works, I do it too, not too sure in Corned Beef Hash is low fat though (could be wrong but my dietician said it was a no for me)
While the weather is nice get out for some brisk walks over the weekend show him you mean business.
Do a food diary too show him what you are eating and drinking and also shows you if you are going wrong somewhere.
Where abouts are you and why have they said to lose 2-3 stone ?
(sorry dont mean to be nosey)
I am in mcr and am on a 6 month weight management course before my band
Helen
x

I'm nosy too as I would like to know why the weight loss? The diary is an excellent idea as it helps you keep track as wekk as being used as eviodence for the wls team. I try to wear a pedometer to keep track of my activity, I can only manage 5000 steps every day but it keeps my mind off food

Corned beef hash isnt the best thing to have but considering all the crisps and take aways i was eating,i just wanted to get all my portions down and its something i have once in a blue moon.And the portion wasnt very big,but thanks i will write down my foods and get them to see where im going wrong.

sarah xx

hi when i see the bariatric nurse on tuesday they said i would have to lose 10% of my body weight which is about 3 stone,before they would operate,they said they didnt want to see anymore weight gain either so my main task till i see consultant this coming monday is to try and get portions under control and my binge eating which i havent done once this week im well chuffed that i have manged it so far.........

sarah xx

Hi mate

sorry i wasnt about for you last nite , if i had of known you was feeling stressed i would have come online to talk and give u support.i see liz replied to your earlier thread (the stressed one) am surprised she didnt mention it, never mind , glad ur feeling more positive and keep up the good work

love julie xx:d

hi all after feeling down about foods i couldnt eat yesterday as im trying to lose weight as been told need to lose 3-4 stone b4 i could have wls.on a better note today i feel alot better started eating from a sandwich plate to keep portions down as when eat from dinner plate even if full i will finish,just ate some cornbeef hash and it satisfyed me having it this way,just hope im ok come tonight as im finding thats my worse time.im rally determined to off lost some weight before i see consultant monday im determined to prove how bad i want and need to have wls.

Sarah xx

Hi mate

sorry i wasnt about for you last nite , if i had of known you was feeling stressed i would have come online to talk and give u support.i see liz replied to your earlier thread (the stressed one) am surprised she didnt mention it, never mind , glad ur feeling more positive and keep up the good work

love julie xx:d

sorry julie, i presumed you read the forums anyway.

soz

liz x

Hi Sarah, well done on using the smaller plate. If you're like me you have to fill the plate with food so you can't actually see the plate lol. Using the smaller plate will help you loads and as for the bingeing how about something healthy.I used to sit watching tv with a bowl of chopped celery, cucumber and radishes to nibble on and it kept my hands busy and my mind happy because there was food entering my mouth lol. Good luck Sarah, you can do this xxGaynorxx

Hi Sarah, keep positive and good luck with you upcoming appointments x

GR8 TIP GAYNOR , I DO THE SAME.

Hi Sarah, well done on using the smaller plate. If you're like me you have to fill the plate with food so you can't actually see the plate lol. Using the smaller plate will help you loads and as for the bingeing how about something healthy.I used to sit watching tv with a bowl of chopped celery, cucumber and radishes to nibble on and it kept my hands busy and my mind happy because there was food entering my mouth lol. Good luck Sarah, you can do this xxGaynorxx

my main task till i see consultant this coming monday is to try and get portions under control and my binge eating which i havent done once this week im well chuffed that i have manged it so far.........

sarah xx

:) well done on that sarah, addressing the portion control is the 1st thing to come to terms with, well done on your efforts so far.

keep up the good work

liz x

Sarah well done on what you have achieved so far, recognising you need to do something about it is the first BUT hardest step, the smaller plate works well, and this is all preperation for when you have had your WLS as portion sizes will be even smaller.

Try to keep busy, not always easy as i well know, but distract yourself by doing something, play cards, a walk, anything that keeps you busy and away from the food

Back