• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet vs food diet

Tracietxx

I've started the milk diet today as had my call to say ill be getting my surgery on 22nd July. (Excited) I had choice between the milk and also a food 1 not saw the menu yet as still waiting for the post man to bring it ..I'm only on day 1 and I'm constantly thinking I'm hungry .nd need food all my meds are to be taken with food but choose to take with milk I'm dizzy feel sick please tell me this does get better !! I've gotta do 25 days thanks xx

Maria61

Welcome and good luck.i did the milk diet for 4 weeks while on tier 3 at Luton hospital and again for 2 weeks prior to surgery. It is hard but gets easier as there is no choice and you just get on with it. It is so worth while I promise you xx

Bling Babe

I've started the milk diet today as had my call to say ill be getting my surgery on 22nd July. (Excited) I had choice between the milk and also a food 1 not saw the menu yet as still waiting for the post man to bring it ..I'm only on day 1 and I'm constantly thinking I'm hungry .nd need food all my meds are to be taken with food but choose to take with milk I'm dizzy feel sick please tell me this does get better !! I've gotta do 25 days thanks xx
Yes yes yes, it will get better, I also found the milk better because it takes away the food choices, you CAN and you WILL do this, congratulations on getting a date so close xxx

Sarnie

Hi, I'm in the middle of a 4 week milk diet at the moment. Try to make sure you divide your milk allowance and space it out during the course of the day. I'm allowed 5 pints a day, 2 oxo cubes, 1 sachet of sugar free jelly and at least 2 pints of other no added sugar drinks and 3 pieces of sugar free chewing gum and no added sugar Crusha and an A to Z multivitamin. Have they told you what your allowance is yet? For me day 5 and 6 were the worst, but I tweaked my timing and have been fine, so it does get better, but you really need to plan it out every day to stop you getting hungry, its a bit of a full time job lol, but you can do it.

J

Jonicorn

I'm not entirely sure if mine is the same thing but I am on 2 slimfast shakes with skimmed milk and 3 yogurts a day diet. Im only on day 2 as my op is on 16th July! Day one was a doddle but today was torture. I know it will get easier though so its mind over matter and I will definitely make my pre op diet a success :)
You're going to do amazingly. Our ops are relatively close together so it would be nice to see eachothers progress :)

Sarnie

I'm not entirely sure if mine is the same thing but I am on 2 slimfast shakes with skimmed milk and 3 yogurts a day diet. Im only on day 2 as my op is on 16th July! Day one was a doddle but today was torture. I know it will get easier though so its mind over matter and I will definitely make my pre op diet a success :)
You're going to do amazingly. Our ops are relatively close together so it would be nice to see eachothers progress :)
Are you allowed other fluids, it seems so little and you need other fluids to keep you hydrated and so you don't get constipated xx

J

Jonicorn

Are you allowed other fluids, it seems so little and you need other fluids to keep you hydrated and so you don't get constipated xx
Water they said. I might have to call them though because I’ve no energy today and it’s made me feel quite poorly xx

starryeyed

I done the same length of time for milk diet. It’s a pain but so worth it . You’ll deffo hate milk post op though haha x

Sarnie

Water they said. I might have to call them though because I’ve no energy today and it’s made me feel quite poorly xx
I would call them to clarify what exactly you can have, did they give you a diet sheet telling you what you can have? I was given one for my liquid diet. What about multivitamins?

_Victoria_

I chose to do the food diet because i knew i couldn't handle just the milk and it worked really well for me. Its a bit of a pain measuring out everything you're allowed but you do get enough food to not feel hungry at all. At least i didn't feel hungry anyway... It was nice still feeling "normal" up until my surgery date.

Tracietxx

Thanks everyone for your support.. I'm doing ok to be honest.. down 1 stone 1lb in 11 days so all good there . I've gotta be honest and say I did crumble on day 4 and have a cuppa with a sugar in .I rang my team and confessed they found it so funny me ringing to say I'd put 1 sugar in my drink .. lesson learned though and no more mishaps.. again thanks for all the replys. Much appreciated xxx

Tracietxx

Yes would be great to see each other's progress xxx good luck xx

Tracietxx

Hi, I'm in the middle of a 4 week milk diet at the moment. Try to make sure you divide your milk allowance and space it out during the course of the day. I'm allowed 5 pints a day, 2 oxo cubes, 1 sachet of sugar free jelly and at least 2 pints of other no added sugar drinks and 3 pieces of sugar free chewing gum and no added sugar Crusha and an A to Z multivitamin. Have they told you what your allowance is yet? For me day 5 and 6 were the worst, but I tweaked my timing and have been fine, so it does get better, but you really need to plan it out every day to stop you getting hungry, its a bit of a full time job lol, but you can do it.
Hi mine is 4 pints a day ..1 yogurt..I don't like yogurt lol..so skip that..1 cup a soup ..2/3 litres of clear fluids can av sf squash .can also add sf crusha to milk..and a Oxo or bovril drink.. I'm finding it ok ..jyst be glad wen all over with xxx

Sarnie

Hi mine is 4 pints a day ..1 yogurt..I don't like yogurt lol..so skip that..1 cup a soup ..2/3 litres of clear fluids can av sf squash .can also add sf crusha to milk..and a Oxo or bovril drink.. I'm finding it ok ..jyst be glad wen all over with xxx
You're doing well, I'm on my last day of it, back to the hospital tomorrow to see if they are satisfied with my 1st 9lb loss, their scales may say different. I really haven't found it to bad, not hungry or craving, but just really do want to munch on something. At least your surgery date is close now, it must be exciting and scary all wrapped up in one xx

Irene44

Your doing so well Tracie xx

Maria61

You're doing well, I'm on my last day of it, back to the hospital tomorrow to see if they are satisfied with my 1st 9lb loss, their scales may say different. I really haven't found it to bad, not hungry or craving, but just really do want to munch on something. At least your surgery date is close now, it must be exciting and scary all wrapped up in one xx
Good luck tomorrow x

Sarnie