• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet

mrshengy

Hi all, I'm on day 10 on the milk diet got another 25days left before I see dietician, feeling really bored already :( had enough today! ?

Just to make you feel a bit better, I was on it for eight weeks. It does get easier, I lost 16kg so it was worth it in the end. I found using some of my milk quota with the sugar free jellies helped. I am now on 3 pints a day plus one meal of 200cals and one of 400cals for 8 weeks, sometimes wish I could back to the milk, I know, sad isn't it. Stick with it, it will be worth it in the end.

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
I've been on only milk for 9 months and almost only milk for 15 months. I think I will miss it too if I ever become able to eat, LOL :)

It's worth it in the end when you get first prize, stick with it and it will soon be a distant memory.

Billie.x

Can somebody please explain the milk diet, is it just literally drinking milk lol

thank xx

Hi Billie

I can only explain about the milk diet I am on as so many places are different.
My weight management programme is 8 weeks on milk only then 8 weeks of milk and food then the final 8 weeks of food only.

The milk side of it I had to drink 5 pints of semi skimmed milk per day, with this I had to have a drink made with one stock cube (I used OXO) per day, this is for the salt content ( I found this part the most difficult and was told at the end of the 8 weeks that I could have changed this for a salt tablet). With this I also have to take a Multivitamin tablet per day which also contained minerals. I found the diet quite easy - after a few days I think I went into Ketosis as was feeling pretty crappy, but after that, no other side affects at all. I also had to drink 2 pints of water per day. So I drank tea for half of that (I drink it black, but could have used some milk from my daily quota for this). I also used some of my milk quota with sugar free jellies, this was a godsend, helped to lessen the amount of liquid I had to drink. I couldn't quite make the 5 pints per day, I ended up mostly having 4.5 pints.
I lost 16 kilos in 8 weeks.

I am now on 3 pints of milk per day with two meals, one of 200 cals and the other 400 cals. This for me is harder than the milk only, feel hungrier and have the urge to snack, thankfully I don't have anything in the house to do that, so just end up having 1/4 pint milk to get over it. Weight loss not so quick on this part for me. Have lost 4 kgs in 3 weeks.

Sometimes wish I had the money to go private as it seems a long drawn out process with NHS, I have been on this journey since July 2012 and wish I was closer to an op. than I am.

Good luck on your journey.

Pamala

Billie.x

Hi. Thanks for your reply. It's really interesting. Is it semi skimmed milk ?
My journey for a band on the nhs is failing miserably and I am thinking of doing this diet for a few weeks to kick start weight loss.

X

natclaire33)

I have to do the milk diet for two weeks before my date for surgery, I have to have 4 pints of semi skimmed milk, one stock cube and at least two pints of other fluid ( as I don't drink tea or coffee its going to be nas squash diluted really well) and 1 sachet of sugar free jelly a day, my dietitian at the hospital I am under has said we must only do this diet for a maximum of two weeks.

luluah

I am on the milk diet for 4 weeks.

Daily allowance:
5 pints of milk (they allocate based on your weight)
Two bovril drinks
2 litre of sugar free fluids
1 sachet of sugar free jelly
Upto 3 sugar free cheeing gums
One multivitamin

They said I need to lose 5% of my body weight in the 4 weeks. They said it helps prove you can tolerate a liquid diet which is required pre surgery. It can help break your relationship with food too. Also it helps shrink the liver for when they operate - so they can access stomach easier.

Im on day 7... The first 2 days I had cravings, felt nauseous etc but I have overcome this.. It doesnt bother me at all now. Don't feel hungry. I fancy food but do not crave it.... this diet is amazing.

21 days to go.... 5 of them I will be on holiday so that will be my big test.

After this four weeks if I have lost the 5 % they will put me on a refeed diet (soups and pureed food) for 2 weeks and then i will see the surgeon and get a date.

Once I have the date its the milk diet again for 2 weeks pre surgery.

Jacwat

I am on the milk diet for 4 weeks.

Daily allowance:
5 pints of milk (they allocate based on your weight)
Two bovril drinks
2 litre of sugar free fluids
1 sachet of sugar free jelly
Upto 3 sugar free cheeing gums
One multivitamin

They said I need to lose 5% of my body weight in the 4 weeks. They said it helps prove you can tolerate a liquid diet which is required pre surgery. It can help break your relationship with food too. Also it helps shrink the liver for when they operate - so they can access stomach easier.

Im on day 7... The first 2 days I had cravings, felt nauseous etc but I have overcome this.. It doesnt bother me at all now. Don't feel hungry. I fancy food but do not crave it.... this diet is amazing.

21 days to go.... 5 of them I will be on holiday so that will be my big test.

After this four weeks if I have lost the 5 % they will put me on a refeed diet (soups and pureed food) for 2 weeks and then i will see the surgeon and get a date.

Once I have the date its the milk diet again for 2 weeks pre surgery.

Hi Luluah, that sounds tough but you are doing amazingly well. Can I ask you what hospital you are at? x

Tori.

Hi luluah,

I'm day 2 of my milk diet now, mine is going to take me right over Christmas and my next app is on 11th January! I'm ok at the mo, but know this is just the beginning.. I'm fine as long as I don't let myself get too hungry!
I'm also with Luton and Dunstable, I see your post was around Feb.. I'm hoping you've had your op now! Xx

Samkisses

Hi All!

Are any of you guys on the milk diet diabetic? It doesn't sound like a diet my body would respond very well to, I imagine my sugar levels would plummet. I could be wrong..

Tori.

Hi Samkisses!
I'm not diabetic, so not sure about sugar levels etc, all I do know is that it makes you super constipated! Sorry for the over share ladies, I had to eat something yesterday to shift things along.. No meds helped at all.. It's worked, hopefully no damage before Monday! Xx

sundown

I feel really sorry for you guys who have these really long milk diet programs in your area.

I didn't have to do a milk diet at all. My pre-op (bypass) diet was 2 weeks long and consisted of clear soup, lean chicken/turkey/white fish, eggs and leafy greens. I wasn't allowed dairy at all

So I take my hat off to those of you doing milk for that long - I'm not sure I could!

Samkisses

The Milk diet is definitely one of the things I'm dreading most. It's so restrictive, which is gonna be so difficult for me!

Tori.

It's really not that bad once you get past the first 3 days.. Where are you doing your tier 4 Sam? Xx