• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In Panic Mode!

Karma67

Hi all,
I have my op in 25days!!!! It doesn't seem real yet! especially after waiting and jumping through hoops for so long lol

I have my pre op assessments on the 18th March and have been panicking as I have put on 3-4kg since I saw Mr Jain at the beginning of Jan :break_diet: :cry::cry:

So....I've taken control and put myself back on the milk diet as I don't want a weight gain to jepardise the operation going ahead!

So today is Day 3...yesterday I felt like c**p, but I was like that last time so knew it would only be for a day...Feel alot better today and have lost 2 kg already :D:D

Plus (how sad am I???) I won an auction on ebay for a cross trainer and pick it tomorrow, and I'm sooo excited about getting it! lmao And when my MIL comes down on 30th (staying for a week to help out after op) she's lending me her treadmill :D

If you told me a year ago I would be looking forward to getting exercise equipment in a years time i would have :8855: :D

I will try and get organised and start up a diary and get some pre op piccies done (not sure if i'm brave enuff to post them yet :eek:....maybe after a few months post op so there is a comparison!)

That's a really great attitude to have!!

A word of warning with the cross trainer. Don't expect to do a lot on it! I got one and thought "I'll have an hour on that". 3 minutes later I was sweating more than a dyslexic on Countdown!! 10 minutes I managed to do first time!!

They are really really good as they work all your body and are very very low impact!

Good luck, you're going to do great xxx

My treadmill still resides in our front room wondering why I don't like him! He gets our coats hung on him.

All the best Karma.

That's a really great attitude to have!!

A word of warning with the cross trainer. Don't expect to do a lot on it! I got one and thought "I'll have an hour on that". 3 minutes later I was sweating more than a dyslexic on Countdown!! 10 minutes I managed to do first time!!

They are really really good as they work all your body and are very very low impact!

Good luck, you're going to do great xxx

Aww thanks xx

I plan to try and build up cross trainer daily b4 the op as I know I won't be able to use it for a while afterwards (6 weeks i think people have said) but no reason why I shouldn't be able to use the treadmill during 'Jeremy Kyle' lmao!!

I told my sister that I would rather walk infront of tv than outside as it would be more interesting LOL :rolleyes: Think that attitude is the main reason how I got this heavy!!:rolleyes::eek:

Also.........w0w at your weight loss! 170lbs!! woooweee!!

My treadmill still resides in our front room wondering why I don't like him! He gets our coats hung on him.

All the best Karma.

Thanks xxx

My old exercise bike (long since gone) made a lovely clothes rack for a few years! So know where you're coming from lol :D

BTW your weight loss is fantastic in such a short time since your op! How did you find the L&D (since im there too?)

I told my sister that I would rather walk infront of tv than outside as it would be more interesting LOL :rolleyes: Think that attitude is the main reason how I got this heavy!!:rolleyes::eek:

Also.........w0w at your weight loss! 170lbs!! woooweee!!

Yes, maybe it is! lol

I do the cross trainer whilst watching music videos and films. You need something to help pass the time and it is far better exercise for all your body than just walking normally.

Hopefully I'm going to be a double century loser in the next few weeks :)

i have my op in 7 days! time just seems to have flown since i first went to my GP a year ago lol

I have been thinking of getting cross trainer or treadmill type equip to kick start my exercising post op...i have friends who have said they would go to the gym with me later when i feel ready....but that may be a while lol

I am on the milk diet myself...i have to admit the 3rd day into it as when i felt a bit crap too

think i may go browse Ebay lol

There are some bargains to be had with the cross trainers. They don't look lethal, but by golly, they make you work!!

The privacy of your own living room is always the best place to start as I know many, including myself, are/were extremely self conscious!

The rockshotz website is really good too :)

hoping to start taking it a lot further this year once i do my portrait photography course with a friend of mine, plus he is going to come on board as a Photographer for the site.

That is one of my main hopes for this surgery...being able to grab my cameras, jump in the car to go somewhere for a nice LONG walk and see what i can find of interest, particularly in london as i have ffriends i can stay with for weekends up there :)

At the moment short walks are fine...as long as they are slow! but after a while my lower back and hips just kill me!
I'm a glutton for punishment tho as i go to a festival every summer haha am hoping that Download Festival this year i will be reaping some of the boosted energy benefits i hear about as I will be 3 months post-op by then

How did you find the L&D (since im there too?)

The L&D was great. Especially the HDU, they were all over you, great nurse in there called Agatha. I was in ward 22, they were phenominally busy in there, you do wait for things though. I particularly liked the morphine machine.
You will do really well, and the next few days will fly by.

Back