• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet

Are you doing tier three or tier four? Probably a better question is to ask why do you want to know. Give a bit more information about yourself to give a context and the forum will support you.

Hi, I'm at Walsall Manor, they don't do the tiers as such. I recently signed the consent forms to have the sleeve. I have just had a pre-op date come through and a date for the anaesthetist.

I suspect the milk diet is the liver shrinking diet you need to do for the two or three weeks before surgery. I wasn't at Walsall Manor so I'm guessing and I hope others will come forward. Every hospital has there own rules for the liver shrinking diet and you have to do it with no cheating.

I did my hospital's version of the milk diet for two weeks before surgery. My head and motivation were so much in the right place I found it easy. 2 litres of skimmed milk a day meant I could make strained yoghurt. I used the whey watered down for bovril. So a bit of yoghurt followed by sugar free jelly felt like more of a meal. The bovril with whey was l overly and satisfying.

Back