• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having WLS in Jan 2017

Yasmin25

Hi, my surgery is next month. Started my milk diet. But I feel really scared about having this operation. Anyone got any advice please.

Hello and welcome.

Which op are you having? its perfectly natural to feel scared :hugs:

Hello also from me! I wish you luck with your LSD do tell us more about yourself!

Hi, my surgery is next month. Started my milk diet. But I feel really scared about having this operation. Anyone got

My advice would be to not overthink everything. Once you've researched and made the decision just go with it.(easier said than done I know) but remind yourself of why you're here and have made your decision.

Your experience will be unique to you. But to let you know, I'm 4 days sleeved , I'm well, able to shower, trying to eat and drink all that I should, and although I'm not managing it all I won't worry, I'm taking things day by day and not stressing myself by overthinking it.

I read too much & scared myself to death

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm having done the gastric bypass. My families ok with me having the op but they also feel scared because of the risks.

Thanks so much for that. And yes I over think way to much lol. But yes I'm trying to not stress and just go with it.
How are you doing?

I know how you feel I'm
In the same boat as my gastric bypass is next month too xxx

I know how you feel I'm
In the same boat as my gastric bypass is next month too xxx
Good morning ladies, well I am now 1 week past sleeve... and for the first time I can say that I have definitely made the right decision. The last week hasn't been hard particularly just different.

When I came around from the operation, I immediately questioned if I'd done the right thing, I was in pain, felt sick and generally felt rubbish. 2 days later I was home, only managing to sip a little water & soup. What a difference now... I have half of a weetabix with milk, followed 30 minutes later with small cup of tea. Lunch maybe soup 200mls (half tin). Mid afternoon some yogurt. Dinner cod in parsley sauce pureed with broccoli (doesn't taste as bad a s it sounds) lol.

Yesterday as a Christmas treat I had a chocolate button and just let it melt on my tongue (change from last year's tub of celebrations).

The best bit.... now lost 7 lbs since op and 11 lbs in total. x

Good morning ladies, well I am now 1 week past sleeve... and for the first time I can say that I have definitely made the right decision. The last week hasn't been hard particularly just different.

When I came around from the operation, I immediately questioned if I'd done the right thing, I was in pain, felt sick and generally felt rubbish. 2 days later I was home, only managing to sip a little water & soup. What a difference now... I have half of a weetabix with milk, followed 30 minutes later with small cup of tea. Lunch maybe soup 200mls (half tin). Mid afternoon some yogurt. Dinner cod in parsley sauce pureed with broccoli (doesn't taste as bad a s it sounds) lol.

Yesterday as a Christmas treat I had a chocolate button and just let it melt on my tongue (change from last year's tub of celebrations).

Well done !!!!!!! Doesn't it feel great to turn that corner :)

Im not looking forward to feeling naff but I am looking forward to turning that corner and start to see the weight come off ...11lbs that brilliant!! Keep going :)

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm having done the gastric bypass. My families ok with me having the op but they also feel scared because of the risks.
The risks are high but for me and my PCOS it's the best option.....my body doesn't work like others lol xxxx Im tad scared but the bariatric team are amazing :) have faith and we will laugh about being worried in January :)

Well done! That's amazing! I hope I come out like you.

The risks are high but for me and my PCOS it's the best option.....my body doesn't work like others lol xxxx Im tad scared but the bariatric team are amazing :) have faith and we will laugh about being worried in January :)
Ahh I have the same issues. Pcos. Hopefully it works out for the best. And my ops been reschedule for Feb now.

My surgery is on the 17th of Jan 2017. - I'm not scared at all but i think when it comes to the actual day of the surgery.. ill probably poop my pants!

I start my LSD on 3rd of Jan. Got a shake/food package from weighttogo.com - 2 weeks on the diet then surgery :)

keep your hopes up, its a massive thing to be doing but it will definitely help in the long run!!! :hugs::innocent002::innocent0001::D

My surgery is on the 17th of Jan 2017. - I'm not scared at all but i think when it comes to the actual day of the surgery.. ill probably poop my pants!

I start my LSD on 3rd of Jan. Got a shake/food package from weighttogo.com - 2 weeks on the diet then surgery :)

keep your hopes up, its a massive thing to be doing but it will definitely help in the long run!!! :hugs::innocent002::innocent0001::D

How exciting !!! I swing from being excited to a bit nervous....at the moment im positive about it as good talk with family xxx What are you having done hunny?

Mines been rescheduled to Feb now. This way you can tell me how your one went.

I will let you know xxx New year...new start and onto better things...February isnt that long to go as I always think january flies x

Thats amazing turn around ...isnt it amazing what doctors can do now !!!
What pain killers do they give you for coping after the operation? I havent even asked as Im not one for taking tablets and just realised I havent asked !!!!

Plus youve done amazing 7lbs !!!! well done xxx

Thats amazing turn around ...isnt it amazing what doctors can do now !!!
What pain killers do they give you for coping after the operation? I havent even asked as Im not one for taking tablets and just realised I havent asked !!!!

Plus youve done amazing 7lbs !!!! well done xxx

Hi Angeline,
I was discharged from hospital with soluble paracetamol (9 days post op now) haven't taken any pain killers for last 3 or 4 days.

Honestly, I don't really feel like I've had anything done - except I know I have when I want to eat. I'm now back to almost normal duties.. walking dog, cleaning house etc, just probably a little more tired.

Please be careful not to do what I did, try not to over read everything, I did and honestly, I almost scared myself to death.

YOU WILL BE FINE x

Hi Angeline,
I was discharged from hospital with soluble paracetamol (9 days post op now) haven't taken any pain killers for last 3 or 4 days.

Honestly, I don't really feel like I've had anything done - except I know I have when I want to eat. I'm now back to almost normal duties.. walking dog, cleaning house etc, just probably a little more tired.

Please be careful not to do what I did, try not to over read everything, I did and honestly, I almost scared myself to death.

YOU WILL BE FINE x
Thank you lovely for the feedback...its silly isnt it...Im 40 yrs old (well until tomorrow when I turn 41!!) and I'm worried about these kinds of things. Im the mother of everyone so when something is happening to me I go to bits lol xxx Oh well time for me for once isn't bad xx

Glad our doing so well...its nice to have inspiration :) keeps me going xx

How exciting !!! I swing from being excited to a bit nervous....at the moment im positive about it as good talk with family xxx What are you having done hunny?

Im having a gastric sleeve done! - Can't wait... wish it would hurry up; the wait is so long!!!! - Initially my partner didn't want me to do it, mostly everyone said I could do it naturally but they don't understand how bad of a relationship I have with food! - My Mum has been amazing, she's seen what I've had to go through in the years (I'm 21) so bullying, depression etc so she really has helped put my mind at ease. My partner and everyone has now accepted that I am having it done and are supportive... I just can't wait for the results to show on the scales!!

Happy Birthday by the way!!:candle1:;):p

Back