• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

minime's all wrapped up

hope u r doing good

Hey, I'm all wrapped up, had rough days wed and thurs but todays been much better. Managed about 250ml water and an actimel yoghurt so far. Really struggling to drink but keep sipping best I can from my sports cap bottle, feel a bit nauseous but know it will pass if I keep drinking. Cannula out now too, so on my own with fluid intake.. Had couple bouts of hiccups which haven't been good as they are quite sore. All in all, compared to 2 of the other girls I'm doing really well, whilst they are still nauseated and tired. Will be happy to leave tomorrow to go to airport and head home.

Hope you are all well and I'll catch up when I get back.

Clare - hope you got good news regarding your dog.

minime said:
Hey, I'm all wrapped up, had rough days wed and thurs but todays been much better. Managed about 250ml water and an actimel yoghurt so far. Really struggling to drink but keep sipping best I can from my sports cap bottle, feel a bit nauseous but know it will pass if I keep drinking. Cannula out now too, so on my own with fluid intake.. Had couple bouts of hiccups which haven't been good as they are quite sore. All in all, compared to 2 of the other girls I'm doing really well, whilst they are still nauseated and tired. Will be happy to leave tomorrow to go to airport and head home.

Hope you are all well and I'll catch up when I get back.

Clare - hope you got good news regarding your dog.

Whoop! So happy for you! Looking forward to seeing your skinny updates.

Hey ladies, thanks so much for posting.

Finally arrived back home early this afternoon after staying in hotel in London last night. Managing to drink fairly well as in coffee, tea, but not so much water. Just bought some NAS to add to my water to make sure I'm getting enough in.

Also shopped for actimel bottled yoghurt, actimel intensely creamy yoghurts (4 for £1 in asda) not bothered they are not low fat as will be eating so little just now anyway.

I'm feeling great, just an empty sort of windy pain, much better than I expected to at this point, only thing is I'm a bit tired, but know this is due to lack of calories and also not sleeping great. Was up at 5.30am this morning, think I'm still in BRNO time, when nurses come in to do blood pressure and give you meds.

Todays liquid food:

B: 200ml orange juice
2 cups tea spread out over 3hrs, sips water
L: actimel bottled yoghurt, couldn't finish it
cappucino with skimmed milk
D: 1/2 activia intensely creamy yoghurt, felt full after 3 spoonfuls.

Hope you are all well and angee gets off ok, you will soon be a wrapper too, woohoo.

Forgot to say I will weigh myself in morning to check on weightloss for the week, I lost 9lbs on preop, a wee extra 7lbs would be grand tomorrow morning, but not getting upset as know body been through a lot this week.

Hi MM
How you doing....?? I was still puking on the Fri Sat and Sun that I got home and struggled with food that week, all ok now though but portion sizes are so weeny I currently eat with a teaspoon from a teacup LOL :)
Hope youre healing well xxx

Hi Clare

I was lucky with my nausea as op was on Wednesday and was nauseous Wed and Thursday, come Friday I was doing ok and could keep down tea/coffee. However, it was only fair, as my sedation didn't work for my endoscopy and I was sick afterwards, not sure if it was side effect of the medicine or the endoscopy itself, I had to get antiemetics on the Tuesday and hadn't even been to theatre, lol.

I am struggling with water though, but getting plenty of fluid in using oxo, tea and coffee. I know I'm also supposed to be having my 3 meals a day, but I can't face the rest of the yoghurt yet. Do you/did you have any problems drinking post op. I figured it was because water was colder, but hot drinks go down so much easier.

Hi Clare

I was lucky with my nausea as op was on Wednesday and was nauseous Wed and Thursday, come Friday I was doing ok and could keep down tea/coffee. However, it was only fair, as my sedation didn't work for my endoscopy and I was sick afterwards, not sure if it was side effect of the medicine or the endoscopy itself, I had to get antiemetics on the Tuesday and hadn't even been to theatre, lol.

I am struggling with water though, but getting plenty of fluid in using oxo, tea and coffee. I know I'm also supposed to be having my 3 meals a day, but I can't face the rest of the yoghurt yet. Do you/did you have any problems drinking post op. I figured it was because water was colder, but hot drinks go down so much easier.

Yes i am exactly the same, I can feel cold drinks almost getting stuck then going down takes longer but only in the morning so I have hot Ribena NAS and by the afternoon I can drink ok but am still struggling with the cold getting in sufficient fluid but i.m doing much better now than the 1st week post op xx

Thanks Clare, great when you have somebody already gone through it.

Although my sickness had passed quickly, I didn't sleep well when I was away and was up at 5.30am this morning again, as well as broken sleep, and I found the pillows to be crap so was always uncomfortable.

I did ask for a sleeping pill on the Friday night, which did help me, but I woke up at midnight disorientated, using my phone as a torch and carrying my internet tablet, don't know what I was doing, lol, but soon realised I was a bit knocked off and got back into bed. Think that was the best night sleep I had in the hospital even though it was interrupted, I slept for 2-3 hrs at a time that night, which was great for me.

Thanks Clare, great when you have somebody already gone through it.

Although my sickness had passed quickly, I didn't sleep well when I was away and was up at 5.30am this morning again, as well as broken sleep, and I found the pillows to be crap so was always uncomfortable.

I did ask for a sleeping pill on the Friday night, which did help me, but I woke up at midnight disorientated, using my phone as a torch and carrying my internet tablet, don't know what I was doing, lol, but soon realised I was a bit knocked off and got back into bed. Think that was the best night sleep I had in the hospital even though it was interrupted, I slept for 2-3 hrs at a time that night, which was great for me.

OMG - I didnt sleep either, it was like for 45mins at a time.... The most I slept in one go was on the Thu night for just under 3hrs I was totally exhausted & I tried everything, pills which I sicked up, injections you name it. I ended up sleeping sitting up. When I got home I invested in a V pillow from Argos and its still being used. It took me a good couple of days at home to get back into a decent sleep pattern and that inc taking herbal sleeping tab for 5 days xx

Awaiting your new life angee, I'm sure all will be well for you. Once that taxi picks you up tomorrow you won't look back. Do you come home on Thursday?

minime said:
Awaiting your new life angee, I'm sure all will be well for you. Once that taxi picks you up tomorrow you won't look back. Do you come home on Thursday?

Yes home Thursday landing in Bristol at 22.50 Hope all is well with you minime and that you will soon live up to your name.

Weighed in this morning, started pre op at 15st 7lbs, am 14st 5lbs this morning, so lost the 7lbs I had hoped whilst away, 16lbs altogether. I am so delighted, only 2lbs to under 200lbs which is a big thing for me and I'm under BMI 35.

However, I am struggling to get fluids down this morning, am sat with a hot NAS drink, don't like it much, think I will go back to tea/coffee/oxo as they were going down great yesterday. Not ready to eat my half of activia yoghurt I never managed yesterday, but will attempt it at some point this morning.

A bit strange still hiding it from kids and OH asking me did I want anything for dinner and me saying no, I talked him through the refeed process last night, so hopefully now he gets it.

Good luck. Speedy recovery. Xx

Thank you.

Well this is my 9th post op day, feeling grand, stitches out and managing to eat/drink well. Have a kind of hunger feeling which is sorted with about 125ml soup or a yoghurt, feels bizarre, but think it is genuine hunger due to small amounts taken in. Only thing is I'm getting a bit sick of yoghurts/soup, guidelines say liquid for 2 weeks, but going to try to make a smoothy with protein powder, banana and peaches all blended with ice today and might try a scrambled egg later on for dinner.

I'm conscious I'm supposed to be concentrating on protein, however, I do find that difficult when eating soups/yoghurts. Really looking forward to moving onto next pureed/mush stage now, would love to eat a bit of shredded chicken:D.

Weighed myself yesterday morning, guess what, I'm under the illusive 200lbs, only by .5lb might I add, but this has been a major block for me, can't actually remember the last time I've been under this so am totally delighted.

Back to work for me next Wednesday, already thinking in advance what I can take for food, as work don't know what I have had done and I work 12.5 hr shifts, will continue to ponder this one, although I'm sure it will go along the lines of scrambled egg, runny weetabix, soup, yoghurt for snack and pureed food when I come home.

Anyway, not putting everyday's food diary in but thought I'd put in yesterdays as it was a hungry day for me.

B: 2/3 of 1 weetabix (runny)
L: 125ml lentil/bacon soup, some cheese melted in
S: 125ml lentil/bacon soup, some cheese melted in
D: 3 sl wafer thin ham spread with hummous, chewed very well.
S: Activia creamy yoghurt full tub

1ltr diluting juice
multiple cups of tea

minime said:
Thank you.

Well this is my 9th post op day, feeling grand, stitches out and managing to eat/drink well. Have a kind of hunger feeling which is sorted with about 125ml soup or a yoghurt, feels bizarre, but think it is genuine hunger due to small amounts taken in. Only thing is I'm getting a bit sick of yoghurts/soup, guidelines say liquid for 2 weeks, but going to try to make a smoothy with protein powder, banana and peaches all blended with ice today and might try a scrambled egg later on for dinner.

I'm conscious I'm supposed to be concentrating on protein, however, I do find that difficult when eating soups/yoghurts. Really looking forward to moving onto next pureed/mush stage now, would love to eat a bit of shredded chicken:D.

Weighed myself yesterday morning, guess what, I'm under the illusive 200lbs, only by .5lb might I add, but this has been a major block for me, can't actually remember the last time I've been under this so am totally delighted.

Back to work for me next Wednesday, already thinking in advance what I can take for food, as work don't know what I have had done and I work 12.5 hr shifts, will continue to ponder this one, although I'm sure it will go along the lines of scrambled egg, runny weetabix, soup, yoghurt for snack and pureed food when I come home.

Anyway, not putting everyday's food diary in but thought I'd put in yesterdays as it was a hungry day for me.

B: 2/3 of 1 weetabix (runny)
L: 125ml lentil/bacon soup, some cheese melted in
S: 125ml lentil/bacon soup, some cheese melted in
D: 3 sl wafer thin ham spread with hummous, chewed very well.
S: Activia creamy yoghurt full tub

1ltr diluting juice
multiple cups of tea

Well done! You are doing amazing!

Sorry I've not updated in a full week, but I went back to work this week and I'm working on a uni assignment, so not intentionally ignoring my diary, just very busy.

As for my wrap, I had been on pureed, but never felt restriction and would be hungry after a short time, so I moved onto soft/solids foods, and feeling some restriction now. As for weight loss I have stalled, I lost 9lbs on pre op, 7lbs whilst away in BRNO and think I lost about 1lb following week, but for the last 12 days I've not lost anything, which is very disheartening, however, haven't been going to loo either, obviously as not been eating much food. I know my calorie intake is pretty low and body probably in starvation mode etc... and will take a few weeks to get body fully back to normal, but still hard to stand on scales and not see a loss so early on. Fingers crossed this now starts to improve because I'm eating solids. I'm also managing my 2litre intake of fluid daily too.

For work I've been taking an omelette for breakfast, soup for lunch and a yoghurt as a snack. Dinner was stewed steak in gravy mashed down, with turnip/carrot mash. Last night I tried the inside of a baked potato with small amount low fat marg to moisten it, with chicken breast. I chewed every bit very well by the end of the meal, I kind of thought that was hard work. I managed about 1/3 small chicken breast and 5 bits of the potato before feeling full. OH looked at plate when I was finished and had a wee chuckle to himself and said to me changed days, nice to see it was money well spent. So now just to get the weight loss going again.

Hope everyone else is getting on well.

Back