• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Minimins weight loss surgery meet!!!

callysplace

Ok so its been banded about on posts here about us all meeting up for a big meeting/party for all us post/pre op layddees and gents :D Various places have been mentioned about where we can all meet up but nothing has been set in stone.
So have taken it upon myself to get the ball rolling and ask folk when and where is best for them. I fully admit Im crap at sorting out locations and venues so can I take this opportunity to ask some one to nominate themselves to take on all the donkey work :giggle:

(Im happy to be placed on pointing duty!)

I don't mind donkey work.

Any times good for me, weekends or weekdays. The trafford centre is a good place, free parking, loads of bars/restaurants/shops/cinemas :D

would be nice to get something set for November as December will start to get really busy for people.

yep weekend in nov at TC is good for me how about if we meet at the orient(its signposted from every direction) between 10.30-11 at the top of the big marble staircase to the right hand side. Its always quite there and plenty of room.
|What are we going to were to identify ourselves. take it it being november it wont be poppies.Lol

There are a few of us that are recognisable, Caroline from her piccies, me with my cripplemobile etc!

I work shifts so it will depend if I am working or not, as soon as a date is arranged I can say if I am off or not...x

If Mandy is up for it and it isn't too far away - we are central south coast then I'd be up for a meet. But I'm having surgery on the 30th October so if its after that I may not be up to it if its soon after the op.

Days I am off in November if it helps....

tues/wed 4/5
mon/tues 10/11
sat/sun 15/16
sat/sun 22/23
thur/fri 27/28

hope this helps cos I really want to come...xx

would love to but doubt i'd be able to do before xmas, as i have a busy time, sorting little ones bday out.... with it being xmas day...... plus i got my weekend in blackpool at begining of November too

How about Saturday 15th November then? Anyone good/not good for that?

Yes

Linda
Shel
HC
Ols
Sara
Homer

No

Honey (too far)

Last edited:
Not being rude here ... but do you know we have a meetings section?? We are actually looking at doing a meet to the Trafford Centre in December - where everyone on all weight loss journeys are welcome.

Not being rude here ... but do you know we have a meetings section?? We are actually looking at doing a meet to the Trafford Centre in December - where everyone on all weight loss journeys are welcome.

yes but most people have become close on this part:D, and as we have or are going to have surgery, its nice to see,who we talk to on a regular basis ,and i think its a lovely idea for us that are on this bit just wish it was closer lol

I agree honey I can cope with meeting so many new people but would hate to be over whelmed with people I dont know at a first meet. Think we should carry on as we are for this one and look at widening the field at a later date....sorry you cant make it :mad:xx

Honey why not arrange a southern meet? There are loads down there for whom Manchester is too far, so I'm sure it would be a success.

TBH, we really want to keep this a SWL meet at the moment, as some of us (me included) maybe don't feel ready to throw ourselves into a huge group of peeps we have never even chatted to online, let alone met before or spoken to :)

Thanks for the suggestion, though... maybe next time?

x

Hey Ols you can when we meet you can see who is having Shaw Summers first!!!!! lol...xx

(now hiding behind the sofa as I know your gonna get me lol..)

Back