• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mixed Emotions

svargas78

Hi everyone. My name is Sue, Im from California, USA. I will be getting surgery done 12/30. Im getting just a little nervous but for the most part, I'm just super excited. I was wondering if theres any advice that someone could give me, maybe something that the docs tend to leave out. L

You're showing all the signs of a normal pre opper. Just focus on the good points and get ready for a totally new life :)

Hi Sue and a huge welcome to the forum.

If you search through the threads on here you will find that the majority of pre oppers pose exactly the same questions and we usually find that constructive replies which ease us through these fears are posted by our experienced Post Oppers...

There is also a facility in your personal information for you to add your type of surgery... your... weight... etc... and sometimes people, seem to just pass through the forum, but there are a lot of long term post surgery patients here.. so it would be very nice to help you if we are able ... I'm limited because my op is not until January... but I've learned an abundance from the helpful and supportive replies on here.

Another good website that I dip into regularly is the following as follows...

BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association

Sending you the warmest of wishes and hoping beyond hope for smooth sailing and don't hesitate to reply if you need support prior to your op...

I've felt exactly the same as you and when surgery is pending... the panic seems to rise... but knowledge is invaluable and very reassuring... so keep reading and learning...

Sending a lot of love and a warming hug in your direction. xxx

Hello Sue and welcome to our lovely forum.

As the others say it is normal to be worried but I am sure you will be fine. If you have any specific questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Welcome to this site.As the others say ask away someone is always around to answer.

Hope your surgery goes well and you can look to the new year for the new you

All the best

Jo
xx

Hi Sue! I just found this sight about 10 days ago, so I am a newbie also. I am also from Cali, Redding :)
My surgery is January 24, 2011 & I'm getting excited. It'll be nice to keep in touch on here. Everyone on here are so helpfull & nice.
Good luck to you my WLSugery Sister
Let us know how it goes
Brandi

Hi Sue and :welcome: to WLS....you are so close to surgery now! Its normal to be worried, we all were too but when you look at the alternative of not having surgery I think its worth the small risks :D Good Luck XX

Hi Sue

As the others have said your feelings are perfectly normal so worry not. Your team will have done a risk assessment and have considered you good to go so you will be absolutely fine

One thing I would say is make sure you are properly hydrated so drink water right up to the nil by mouth cut off point and you will be fine

If you need any help post op the guys here will help you through. Good luck with it and keep us posted xxx

Back