• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moments of doubt

Sarahj2710

Hi,
I am new to this site, and only 3 weeks post bypass, so still so full of questions...
I'd be interested to know, did anyone else have the 'oh my god, what have I done' moment, or think that they'll be the one person that bypass surgery didn't work for, or is it just me?

Hi Sarah,cant help you with that one im afraid,im still pre op,I suppose thats a fear of mine,that I will be the only person this op wont work for.Im just wondering why you feel this way cos looking at your stats you have lost some weight.hope you get some possitive thoughts soon.

Hi Sarah we all get moments like this, it's a normal reaction post surgery. It will get better xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had a sleeve. Had doubts pre op but never once post op despite some initial problems. It was very let it was my only way forward to loose the weight & improve my health & life. Good luck.

I am 4 months post-op. Was really worried it wouldn't work, my liver wouldn't shrink but have to say never had a 'what have I done' moment. For me it was was my last chance, I was even smiling going into surgery. It's the best thing I have ever done, I have no regrets at all. I have lost 5 1/2 stone so far and feel fantastic, just wish I had done it sooner!

It is all very scary but take time to get all the info on your procedure.

Good luck

Kim x

Wow Kizzy that's amazing I'm 1 week post op and havnt lost anything yet! X

Hi Sarah ur 2 weeks a head of me and like everyone says it will be fine. I'm feeling really p off at the moment as Iv not lost any weight but in still hoping x

I was full of doubts and fears beforehand, and even when I came round and was in pain, I really did think "what the heck have I done". I think it's only natural to go through that, as this is a major life changing step we have taken, and pretty permanent too, but for me it was the only way forward to lose the weight and stop my health deteriorating.. xx

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, it really does keep you going. I know looking at my stats it like I've lost loads but actually, most of that was pre-op, it really has slowed down since the op, I am hoping it'll pick up again. Let's keep pushing through Diamond, is cannot be a bad thing.
X

I put on in my first week. They pump you with fluids during the op, so don't worry hun it will start to move X

I put on in my first week. They pump you with fluids during the op, so don't worry hun it will start to move X

Hey Kizzy .
just seen your new pic WOW , you look fab :)

Kate xx

I also had doubts that surgery wouldn't work :-( stupid me i'm now just over 8 stone lighter !!

I'm still pre-op but my biggest worry is that I'll regret it. Saying that, this site really helps as even people who have had mega problems don't say they regret it!

Hey Kizzy .
just seen your new pic WOW , you look fab :)

Kate xx

I also had doubts that surgery wouldn't work :-( stupid me i'm now just over 8 stone lighter !!

OMG Kate :eek: that's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Bet you look so different, probably wouldn't recognise you now!

Well done hun x

Back