• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

monthlies and the op at same time

starry

well it looks like my monthly friend is arriving early because it feels like i need something else to deal with on saturday

HELP - how embarassing can you use tampax ??

cant cope with the catheter and all that at the same time how quickly are you mobile enough to sort yourself out down there - aaarrrgghhh

cant believe it NIGHTMARE
advice PLEASe

Starry - what can I say? Poor you. Sure the nurses will be used to it though so try not to worry. I should try pads rather than tampons for the duration - not so good if you're not used to it, but easier to deal with. All the best!

I only had a band but I had mine too and they were fab they changed my pad for me in the night the first night a couple of times as if it was the most normal thing in the world....they just popped a new one on clean pants took the old pants off slipped the new ones one and vola done with a little stress and embaressment they may offer you the disposable pants which would make it easier for them and possibly less embarrising for you....they may also pop an incontienece pad under you to stop you having to worry about tiny leaks on the bed....my mate had that when she had a broken pelvis and was flat on her back in hospital for 5 months....just hope that helps you feel better babe xxx

The lady in the bed next to me had the painters in when she had her op. She was up the next day having a shower and sorted her self out no problems

ah im sorry its your totm at same time as op i know you must have been dreading that happening i know i am!! but as a midwife i can say using pads and having a catheter at the same time isnt a problem at all (and from personal experience) not sure about the tampax though? like wanda said perhaps the disposable knickers would help?

thanks guys feel better - panic starting to set in

Back