• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mountain to Molehill

Day 4 post op, lost 6.5lb since Monday. Struggling to fit in liquids along with all my medication - boy there is a lot.

Still in a lot of pain and my lovely time of month has arrived (haven't had one for donkeys) along with all the pains in tow. Lol

Hi Guys,

Quick update, I am now 6 days post op and today is the first time I realised I need to slow it down. My mind heals quicker than my body so I had a lot of visitors yesterday and a lot of pottering around and it has really taken it out of me today. I'm feeling shattered and extra sore.

Sofa day today!

Weight update -

1st June (the beginning) this was also my heaviest weight having lost and gained during the long run up to finally getting my op - 190kg
14th July (op day) - 173.4
Today - 166.4
Total loss - 23.6kg.

Well done you for your loss but you do need to look after your body from the inside out. It will take time and you should rest as much as possible, this is the be very very nice to myself time, time to be a bit selfish and look after number one because you won't get this opportunity again. Sending big hugs and smiles

Well done you for your loss but you do need to look after your body from the inside out. It will take time and you should rest as much as possible, this is the be very very nice to myself time, time to be a bit selfish and look after number one because you won't get this opportunity again. Sending big hugs and smiles

Thank you Hun. I must say you have been a massive support for me the last few weeks. I think I struggle to just chill because I am such a workaholic usually I'm at work 10-12 hours a day and then working from home in the evenings and always have something to keep my mind occupied I'm struggling to switch off. X

Thank you for that, but I know it's so important to be good to yourself and I know that most women find it difficult to do. We look after others and not ourselves so note to you must do better lol :)

Hehe my Step Mum and Mum keep moaning at me. They say I'm forgetting it's major surgery and I think they're right. Chill out for me for a few days! X

Hi Guys, Quick update, I am now 6 days post op and today is the first time I realised I need to slow it down. My mind heals quicker than my body so I had a lot of visitors yesterday and a lot of pottering around and it has really taken it out of me today. I'm feeling shattered and extra sore. Sofa day today! Weight update - 1st June (the beginning) this was also my heaviest weight having lost and gained during the long run up to finally getting my op - 190kg 14th July (op day) - 173.4 Today - 166.4 Total loss - 23.6kg.

Hey love!

Thats a great achievement well done!! :)

Please take care of yourself as this is an important time to heal, let ur family run around after you xx :)

Thank you love :)

Deffo letting other people run around, however a bit harder when you live alone. My mum came and stayed until yesterday but she has work etc and couldn't take any more time off than she already has. Luckily I have loads of friends around as well. X

Hi Sophie,

You're going so well! Congratulations on your progress so far, you must be thrilled! I totally understand the chilling out thing, I was trying to do too much to the point that I went on holiday to Mallorca to relax as I knew I'd keep still laying under an umbrella in the sunshine with my book but I couldn't do it on the couch in London! How bonkers is that?!

Have you got Love Film or Netflix? They got me through the boring bits when my mum had gone, they both have free 30 day trials too!

A good friend in New Zealand sent me a Cat cross stitch which is so not what I'd normally do but it kept me busy for hours and chilled out my brain and hands, the hours flew by in the times I would have previously raided the fridge!

I think the hardest thing is seeing the small incisions and taking in the fact it is major surgery!

Keep on sipping,

S x

Well done with the losses Hun! You're doing amazingly well.

I think I'm like you and my head goes faster than my body, but the last few days I've had few dizzy spells through doing too much. Feeling like I'm gonna faint or be sick.

Back to sofa TV for me for a few weeks. Glad my GP gave me a month off, not sure I could cope going back to work right now.

Take you're time, watch as much daytime TV as you can and rest up. :)

xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks Ladies

I have been signed off for 2 weeks, however I have enough leave at work to take up to 4 weeks. Just need to see how things go.

I have sat in all day and watched films/ played xbox. No I don't have Netflix or love film but may look into them both.

I think what's driving me mad is trying to stay off the ciggies. I'm bored out my brain and can't eat, smoke or swim which are the 3 things I would usually do when I'm bored.

Anyway onwards and upwards just a few more weeks and I will be good as new :) xx

Well done and congratts on your progress so far and staying off the cigs , its hard but you can do it .I hope I do as well as you when its my turn. How time has flown since you first joined the site and your a pre opper! well done again . Wishing and hopeing every day is better for you. stay strong now. x

Well done and congratts on your progress so far and staying off the cigs , its hard but you can do it .I hope I do as well as you when its my turn. How time has flown since you first joined the site and your a pre opper! well done again . Wishing and hopeing every day is better for you. stay strong now. x

Thank you so much :) you will do fab don't you worry!! I have a post op diary called post op - mountain to molehill over in the post op section, you should check it out x

Thank you so much :) you will do fab don't you worry!! I have a post op diary called post op - mountain to molehill over in the post op section, you should check it out x
thanks Sophia i def will be checking it out. Im going to need a lot of advise . Hope your well x

Back