• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moving house :)

Kath in Buxton

Last year I had a really bad back spasm and it's taken almost the whole year to recover from it. At the time, my husband and I applied to the council for a bungalow (we live in a flat, 3 floors up, no lift), so getting out and about has been a real problem.
I'm now pleased to announce that on Wednesday of last week, we met with a housing officer, at a lovely little bungalow and accepted our new keys!!

The only problem I have with this is that because I'm only just over 2 weeks post op, I can't really lift or carry anything. Although, I've helped with some lighter stuff, and a little painting in the living room of the new property (although I just did the middle band round each wall, so that I didn't have to do very much bending or stretching).

And while I'm extremely happy to have a new home, I feel a bit of a useless lump when it comes to the actual logistics of the move. . .

Well you will be doing the housework for the rest of your natural, so I would not feel too guilty, lol .. . congratulations on getting your new home, honey xxx :):)

Back