• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Ammouri Said NO

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
thats right he said no
after i had been there 3 hours
i was told due to the fact i have pcos he is not willing to give me a band ONLY a bypass which i dont want so thats the end of teh road for me

I am heartbroken

Helen
x

Helen I am so sorry for your disappointment. I think Mr. Ammouri is obviously thinking of your future safety. Maybe he thinks you could get complications. He certainly must have a good reason.
Why would you not consider the bypass??
Hope you feel better soon.

Jay xx

Helen , I think there must have been a valid medical reason for your surgeons decision. Perhaps you could discuss the reasons for his decision with him further and also try to discuss fully the bypass option. Saying it's the end of the road for you seems so final. I hope when you get over your intial disappointment from today you will be able to move forward. Whatever happens keep posting here and never never write yourself off xxx
Lots of lovex

Why dont you ask for a sleeve,no intestine moving just restriction..Mixman has done great on his,no fills etc.Aw hun so sorry.

Aw Helen
Having just seen Mr Ammori i'm sure as others have said he must be concerned about your safety medically. I know you have said you don't want a bypass but would you consider it. Please stay around so we can all help and support you through this it doesn't have to be the end of the road sending you a huge hug xx

Sorry you're upset hun, but why is a bypass out of the question for you?Have you researched it thoroughly and are definite you can't consider it?:(:(

Hi Helen

This is such a roller coaster of emotions the hardest part usually being the amount of time for getting the answers...Then we get that all important appointment and then it's like a smack in the face when they tell you that you can't have the one thing you had your heart set on.

You have your reasons for wanting the band and you have probably done all your research on it for ages...I don't know how the rest of your conversation went with your surgeon but there are other options...if he offered you the bypass, then perhaps he could offer you the sleeve for you to consider.

Helen there are no words that are going to makes you feel better right now...But I can empathise somewhat as like you my journey might be over too....(Long story but I am still pursuing WLS until all tests have been exhausted)...So please don't give up, there's a solution for you, I'm sure.

You need to talk...please hail me.

Take care.

(((hugs)))

im so sorry hugs xxxx

Sorry you did not receive the news you wanted - can I enquire as to you reasons you are opposed to a bypass?

omg im so so so sorry hunny
doc must be thinking of ur health hunny.
can i ask why u dont want the by pass?
thats wot im hoping to get as i dont want the band but guess we all have our own choice thats why there is different ops

im so sorry again hunny

big hugs xxxxxxxxx

Hi thanks you lot
just cant stop crying

reasons I dont want teh bypass

seems so final
no turning back (not that i want to for fat reasons) but in the future if they find either problems with it or a better way where this drastic a surgery is not "as drastic" if that makes sence.
tablets for the rest of my life
higher chance of dying 1 in 100 compared with 1 in 1000 (just been told this today)

I have just been led to believe for almost 2 years that the band is the right thing and i have researched it and decided on it too and to be told its a no is terrible

also they got my height wrong so it made my bmi appear much higher which cant of helped BUT they didnt check it again !! it was down as 5 1 when i am 5 5 !!! making my BMI 49.8 when its 44.6
but he said it was because i had pcos and no matter what my bmi was with pcos he would not do a band ONLY a bypass.
as he said the odds were already stacked against me and that he didnt want me to be that 1 in 1000 that dies having a band when the band is not the right way to go anyway.

PLEASE can you all just give me as much info as you can either on teh bypass or if you have pcos and teh band

I am going to try and see if I can go further as i have gone to far to give up
x

So pleased you are not going to give up. I too have done nothing but cry I was told yesterday that I have been refused funding. Although my gp is going to appeal. I was hoping to go for the bypass, good luck with the rest of your journey.

Hi there sorry u didnt get what you wanted, but I know of 3 ppl that have had a band fitted with pcos...............and I have been referred for banding as well and I have pcos (20 yrs now) and have been told thats the best option for me by my consultant endcrinologist.........did the doc say why you couldnt have band with pcos???? I am some what confused by this now

All the best - MeJulie xx

The way I looked at it is that, yes, it was a national 1% chance of mortality due to the operation but was I willing to risk that 1% for a 1000 times better life? The question was yes. Just that 1 operation would make my life so much better plus my weight wasn't so much of a health issue now but what in 5, 10 years time?

Risking heart disease or other weight related complications later in life where an operation would probably be more risky than the one I had now or even keeling over with a heart attack in front of my children and loved ones, seeing their faces as I fight for life!! I wouldn't want to be in that situation!

Yes, there is a risk, but it's a smaller one than something happening to me because of the weight in a few years time!

Thanks

He said that with PCOS the odds are already stacked against you for losing weight in the first place
He was a really nice person but he deffinately prefers the bypass. Everyone waiting was going for a bypass and got the go ahead.
It seems soo unfair.
I will research the pcos with a band and see where i get to.
thanks again
helen

i have pcos and am being banded next week. no-one told me it wasnt the right option, or was dangerous. i have been told that it would take me longer to loose weight than ppl with out pcos that have been banded but tbh loosing weight has never really been my problem, loosing it all and keeping it off was.

Back