• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr El-Hasani

alisoomy71

Well, yesterday I rang Sharon to see if I'd moved on the list, found 25 people (me being one if them) had been emailed across to the chelsfield that morning urgently. Then she said I would get a call within a week for pre-op date and op should be in June!
Well to say I was gib smacked is an understatement. So now I'm just waiting for the phone to ring....let's hope I don't kill myself getting to the phone lol. X

I am so pleased for you I had mine done a chelsfield just over 2 weeks ago and everything has gone well. Are you going to the support group tonight at chelsfield 6-8pm its really useful and you get lots of support and info.

Fabulous News, Chelsfeild are great xx

Finally..............some good news!!

So pleased for you, I'm sure you will be hearing very soon, how exciting

xx

wendy1963 said:
I am so pleased for you I had mine done a chelsfield just over 2 weeks ago and everything has gone well. Are you going to the support group tonight at chelsfield 6-8pm its really useful and you get lots of support and info.

Thank you. I can't wait till I find out my actual date now. Every time the phone goes my heart skips...lol
I'm not going tonight I've already made plans.
How long did you do the pre-op diet for with them? Sharon said it's longer than their one and she said it's different from the diet sheet Starr gave me too.
Will post as soon as I get date. X

Kizzy70 said:
Finally..............some good news!!

So pleased for you, I'm sure you will be hearing very soon, how exciting

xx

I am really excited can't wait to find out my date. How long did you diet for and what did you eat if you don't mind me asking?

I am really excited can't wait to find out my date. How long did you diet for and what did you eat if you don't mind me asking?

I done the diet for 2 weeks, you are allowed 2 eggs, a piece of chicken/fish 2 x daily, green salad/green veg, SF jelly, oxo, black tea/coffee, bovril drink, I also bought boullion which is a veggie drink thats really nice.

I think that's all ???

It wasn't too bad, just got a bad carb withdrawl headache day 3/4

Hope you hear soon hun, sure you will, I remember waiting for my call, everytime the phone rang and I didn't recognise the number I used to shake!

*Willing your telephone to ring*

Good luck

Kim

Kizzy70 said:
I done the diet for 2 weeks, you are allowed 2 eggs, a piece of chicken/fish 2 x daily, green salad/green veg, SF jelly, oxo, black tea/coffee, bovril drink, I also bought boullion which is a veggie drink thats really nice.

I think that's all ???

It wasn't too bad, just got a bad carb withdrawl headache day 3/4

Hope you hear soon hun, sure you will, I remember waiting for my call, everytime the phone rang and I didn't recognise the number I used to shake!

*Willing your telephone to ring*

Good luck

Kim

Thanks Kim for information.
If you could will a little bit harder for phone to ring please, and preferably not send the will to my son as he's the only one who keeps ringing me and try to get it past welling pleaseeeee lol x

Can you tell me what you took into the hospital with you, did they have wifi??? Could you shower some have said they could only wash.
Can not decide pj's or nighty I was going with pj's.

Any other good advice you can give me?

Thanks Kim for information.
If you could will a little bit harder for phone to ring please, and preferably not send the will to my son as he's the only one who keeps ringing me and try to get it past welling pleaseeeee lol x

Can you tell me what you took into the hospital with you, did they have wifi??? Could you shower some have said they could only wash.
Can not decide pj's or nighty I was going with pj's.

Any other good advice you can give me?

I have internet on my phone so I used that, think I saw somewhere that you had to pay for wifi. I would take a nightee, you have a catheter for 24 hours, and I think I would have found it very difficult with PJ's (they suggested wearing a nightee on the pre-op assessment).

You have a shower on arrival to the hospital, put on a gown and a lovely pair of paper slippers! and your stockings.
Mr El-Hasani likes you to have a shower the next day, I wasn't able to do this as came up late from my op (9.00pm) and at 6 the next day was still feeling the effects of the morphine!! so the nurse helped me have a wash down.

All the staff at the Chelsfield are welcoming and helpful. I felt safe in their hands. Mr El-Hasani is a great surgeon.

I would suggest taking a mouthwash, you are not allowed any fluids for 24 hours after op and this will help to keep your mouth moist. You may be in a double room (think this is kept for NHS patients) but this is quite nice as you have someone to chat to who is also going through the same experience.

The staff do like you to start moving as soon as possible and you will be asked to go for a little walk a few hours after op. I found this impossible so was made to march on the spot for a bit (too much morphine again!)

A Physiotherapist will see you before your op and will advise on foot/leg exercises you can do as soon as you come round form surgery to help with DVT.

You also get given a gadget to help with your breathing. They give you this on your pre-op assessment. This is to help your lungs during and after the op, and you need to use it quite alot before and after the op, and they do assess your levels.

You also get given 4 pairs or surgical stockings. These have to be worn for 1 month after the op, you also get injections you have to administer for 1 month as well, oh and you also come out with a carrier bag FULL of medication, a bit daunting at first!!

Any other questions please let me know.

*Willing the phone to ring past Welling* :fingerscrossed:

Let me know when you hear, hope it's very soon

Kim x

ahh the sack of drugs :)

As soon as that catheter was out my pjamas went on! I felt much more comfortable and didn't mind walking around the corridors so much. :eek:)

I took a nightie and pj's, toiletries, magazines and that's it. They even lent me a hair dryer to use there!
Omg yes the big bag of drugs! I remember my hubby un packing them then when I got up the next day I just looked at them and cried! I couldn't figer out what to take when and how etc but I soon feel into the routine!
I remember waiting for my phone to ring and I was gutted one day when I had a missed call with a blocked number but the minute my phone rang and I saw the 01689 number I knew it was them and I was actually dancing around the room whilst speaking to them!

It's all very daunting for you at the min but 8 weeks on I'm so glad I had the op and that I was lucky enough to have it at the chelsfield.

Good luck

Vicky x

Fat finger pressed send before I was finished. Lol

Do I need to take any vitamins in with me or do I get them? A lot of people have spoken about taking liquid iron do we have to have it in liquid form can we not take a pill?

Can I just also ask everyone how old they are what weight they are/were and what surgery they had done. If nobody minds.

Did you all go through the routine of asking yourselves if your doing the right thing?

I have 4 children not so small now, 2 sons 22, 18, 2 daughters 16, and 13. My 18yr old is severely mentally disabled he has no speech can not read or right well a couple of words. This is partly why I am having my op if I can prolong my life the longer I can look after him he will never leave me and if you don't know him well you would never understand him, but part of me is anxious too if anything happened to me during the op what would happen to him and my other 2. (oldest lives with his g/f)
My youngest daughter also has disabilities she has ADHD and learning difficulties with a mental age of 8-9. My partner (Mark) has said he would stay with them as we are not married but engaged 3yrs. My husband the kids dad died in a RTA 14 years ago my youngest was 8 weeks old at the time and I have had no contact with his family for 9-10 years now and my parents are getting on a bit now.

Sorry to go on but its so strange the things you think about when going through this amazing journey.

I know I will be ok :) but did you all think na this won't happen to me it just won't work on me I know it won't, I can't envisage myself smaller even though I have lost weight before yo-yoing up and down the scales all my life. The excess skin worries me too how much will I have etc etc and also personality changes I know a couple of women that have had it done and they have changed so much and got so arrogant and not the same person they used to be.

Any who that's my rant over for tonight anyway.
Thank you all again so much.

Do I need to take any vitamins in with me or do I get them? A lot of people have spoken about taking liquid iron do we have to have it in liquid form can we not take a pill?

Can I just also ask everyone how old they are what weight they are/were and what surgery they had done. If nobody minds.

Did you all go through the routine of asking yourselves if your doing the right thing?

I have 4 children not so small now, 2 sons 22, 18, 2 daughters 16, and 13. My 18yr old is severely mentally disabled he has no speech can not read or right well a couple of words. This is partly why I am having my op if I can prolong my life the longer I can look after him he will never leave me and if you don't know him well you would never understand him, but part of me is anxious too if anything happened to me during the op what would happen to him and my other 2. (oldest lives with his g/f)
My youngest daughter also has disabilities she has ADHD and learning difficulties with a mental age of 8-9. My partner (Mark) has said he would stay with them as we are not married but engaged 3yrs. My husband the kids dad died in a RTA 14 years ago my youngest was 8 weeks old at the time and I have had no contact with his family for 9-10 years now and my parents are getting on a bit now.

Sorry to go on but its so strange the things you think about when going through this amazing journey.

I know I will be ok :) but did you all think na this won't happen to me it just won't work on me I know it won't, I can't envisage myself smaller even though I have lost weight before yo-yoing up and down the scales all my life. The excess skin worries me too how much will I have etc etc and also personality changes I know a couple of women that have had it done and they have changed so much and got so arrogant and not the same person they used to be.

Bless you, sounds like you have had it rough!

Dont worry about the vitamins, you will be given all you need in hospital

I am 41 with 3 kids (19,17,14)

I am 3 weeks post-op. I started my journey in November 2010 when I went to the GP in despair. I have struggled for 20 or so years to loose weight and countless diets only resulted in loss and then gain, plus some!

I was put on the waiting list for a bypass, and have had to wait just over a year. In that time I have researched, researched, researched.

When it came to my time for the op I can honestly say I had no nerves whatsoever (very unlike me). This is something I know is going to change my life for the better, and for the first time in years I look forward to the future.

So far including the pre-op diet I have lost 41lbs. I feel really happy, although the liquid diet is driving me crazy at the mo, but only 1 week left.

I keep thinking at some point this is going to stop working, I'm sure everyone had doubts.

I know there will be weeks when I dont lose or maybe gain, after reading all the post here I see it as normal.

Best of luck

Kim x

I had my bypass on the 13th march 2012 and I've lost 4st so far, I've been going to the gym 3 times a weeks and/or taking the kids out on bikes or to kick a ball about. The kids are loving the new active mum that's willing to join in rather that sit on the side lines watching.

I'm 30 this year and have 2 children (girl-9 boy-6) my son is Autistic so my main questions to myself were the impact it would have on them etc. neither of them know I had a bypass, I told them I was going on a diet as the dr wants to look at my belly. I wasn't really too nervous before going to the hospital but once there I was s**ting myself and when I woke up I remember thinking oh thank god I'm still alive!

I knew I done the right thing when the other week my son said 'mum where's ur belly gone' and after a bike ride he said 'that was nice wasn't it mum' and my daughter is excited that I'm fitting into smaller clothes and came home from school and told me she'd told the school bully 'u know u call my mum fat? Well u can't any more cos she's not fat anymore'!!
The hubby acts like it doesn't bother him yet his picking clothes out in shops for me before I've even had the chance to look!

Apart from my own little milestones I'm excited that we're getting fit as a family and my household seems a lot happier since the op.

Vicky x

Back