• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Super

gembee

Just been and met my surgeon. It's all getting very real now.

It hit me in the consultation how much weight I have to lose. I need to lose half of me. I'm the equivalent to 2 people!! Jesus!!

Going to start my pre op diet part time till the 11th, slim fast Monday to Friday!

Mr Super is my surgeon to, same as you I have to lose half of myself. I'm not having my surgery until 7th July. Good luck with your surgery and hope all goes well, I look forward to hearing how your getting on.

he was my surgeon and excellent!

He suggested band and I felt totally at ease with him, I think I'm reading too much as there are clearly pros and cons to both xx

I thought it depended on how much weight you had to lose as to which one was right for you.

The sleeve is a lot more invasive isn't it? And very permanent. I know the bands for life but it can be removed if need be? X

No? What is it?? X

Hi sorry it took so long to reply I work nights and not long got out of my pit lol
I'm having my band on the NHS and at my appointment with Mr Super he gave me the option of having the old band fitted or the new protector band which has a mesh on it which is suppose to stop the problem of slipping. He told me id receive 5 years aftercare and that he was wanting to trail it on about 200 people. I had to sign a form to agree to it but can still change my mind if I want to. I was asking as no one else seems to have heard of this new band, maybe he's only asking people who are having surgery on the NHS.

Ah yeah - probably. I might email and ask. Although I'm not sure I fancy being the guinea pig... But with the 5 years after care I'm sure it would be fine? X

Hi all I'm lisa I am booked in with Paul super to be banded on 14th October at Dolan park Hospital, I'm 21 stone and not on my pre op diet just yet but have been dieting myself for 10 Days now just getting used to no junk food takeaways crisps and chocolate and fizzy drinks as they are what my downfall is How did everyone find mr super? On the morning that you arrive for surgery with him what's the procedure? Can anyone talk me through what happens? How many days after surgery and anethetic do you begin to feel normal and pain free? Sorry if my questions sound silly but I just want to ease my mind

Hi Lisa, I'm actually sat in the hospital bed waiting to be picked up after being banded by Mr super yesterday. I had loss of worries and concerns but I didn't need to. I got here 45 mins late, waited in reception and had my bloods took by a male nurse. I then got shown to my room where u had a shower and put my gown on, the same nurse came and gave me an ecg. A woman nurse then came and took my blood pressure, height and weight and have me my stockings. Me super then came to talk to me. He went through everything and I had to sign consent form. He then came to get me for my op around one, apart from the antithesis struggling to get to my vein (I have small veins) all went very well and I was awake before I knew it and didn't see me super again. I have been very well looked after here though and would densely recommend Dolan park. The nurse who had been looking after me said my scars are very neat and she finds that the patience with the neatest scars and least pain are the ones who Mr super have seen. He was also recommended at my consultation. So all in all very happy. Any questions just ask, I will also be updating my diary of you want to see how I get on from now. It's called my band diary x

Hi Lalole lovely to hear you was looked after well and your surgery went well, how u feeling now?
17 days until I get my band just cannot wait to start being on the losers bench xx

Hi Lisa, I'm great, back at work today, sought wind pain in shoulder of I eat too fast and hurts a little when I sneeze lol. Other than that can't complain and I lost 8 pounds in my first week so happy with that. 17 days will soon be here, how you feeling? X

Hi Lisa, I'm great, back at work today, sought wind pain in shoulder of I eat too fast and hurts a little when I sneeze lol. Other than that can't complain and I lost 8 pounds in my first week so happy with that. 17 days will soon be here, how you feeling? X

Hi Lalole Good to hear your ok, WOW well done on the loss 8lbs is brill your doing fantastic,
I'm feeling great just wishing time away until I get my band I get weighed tomorrow been cutting down and changed my diet I've lost but don't know what yet! Can tell by my coat and clothes also my pre op diet starts tomorrow so weighed some foods out ready in the freezer getting prepared 15 days left until my band

Not long now, good luck on the pre op c

Thanks Lalole got my meals planned and weighed out so should make it abit easier I hope! I Got weighed yesterday and had a good loss just over 13lbs but under the stone loss so I'm getting there and must be doing some thing right just home the pre op diet goes quick and the lbs keep dropping xxx

Back