• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mrs Quiggles Food for Thought...

I'm getting seriously stressed now.. My hubby keeps telling me to stop fretting as I cannot possibly be eating enough not to loose weight and it will start again soon. Like I said I am loosing inches so something is changing I guess.

I've started swimming and I am going to go to an aqua fit class this week plus my hubby has cleaned off our treadmill shelf and I have started doing some walking on that.

Fingers crossed something will kick start us again soon xxx

Tims taken the battery out of the scales and put it in the smoke alarm that's been beeping all week so I wont be weighing again anytime soon. lol. Lets hope we all start shifting some pounds soon. I'm not even losing inches at the moment lol.

Kate x

Not all carbs are bad girls, the beige ones are the ones that make you want to graze, bread, rice, pasta and potatoes. the good carbs are slow release ones, eg in milk, veg, cereals etc. It's just not possible to eat less than 1000 cals a day and not to lose weight eventually!

Todays Menu

Sunday 15th January 2012

~BREAKFAST~

1 Slice of ham. 1/4 tin of baked beans and a sprinkle of low fat grated cheese.

~LUNCH~

Lunch at Costco. Huge jacket potato filled with chilli and grated cheese. (£1.50) Only ate a tiny bit of it.

~SNACK~
Slice of roast beef spread with light philly and rolled up, 2 Ryvita thins, dollop of humous.

~DINNER~

1 WW sausage in Colemans sausage casserole mix with chunks of sweet potato, carrot and onion (Gorgeous and made by my son aged 14.)

~SNACK~

A handful of cashews

2 litres of fluids.

Todays Menu

Wednesday 18th January 2012

~BREAKFAST~

1 Egg scrambled with a little salt and pepper, on a slice of wholemeal WW bread (very small slices) First egg I've eaten that hasn't made me feel sick. Whooo Hoooo.

~SNACK~

Fromage Frais Frube

~LUNCH~

Small piece of poached salmon, parsley sauce, 1 piece of carrot, 2 teaspoons of mashed potato. (Chef is finally learning how much to give me bless him)

Fromage Frais Frube.

~SNACK~

Cheese string (whilst out shopping and driving, very useful for in your handbag)

~DINNER~

2 Bar-b-que chicken wings (4 for £1.10 in Morrisons)
Very small mixed salad. Extra light mayo.

~SNACK~

Probably 2 Ryvita thins and a dollop of humous or a slice of roast beef spread with light Philly then rolled up like a swiss roll.

Copious amounts of fluids.

Last edited:
today 18th Jan

Breakfast: Rice Krispies and milk/marvel - ate 5 tbsp

Lunch: 1 large egg & grated cheese omelette (ate 3/4)
2 teaspoons baked beans and sausages (ate all and one sausage)

Dinner: 5 meatballs in tomato sauce, 1 aunt bessy mash portion and 2 tablespoons peas and carrots (ate all).

debating wether to have a milky drink later or a babybel lol

Yesterdays Menu

~BREAKFAST~

Half a packet of Oatso Simple made with semi skimmed milk with 2 teaspoons of skimmed milk pwd added.

~SNACK~

Cheese String

~LUNCH~

Half a tin of Heinz Big Soup (chicken and veg, really fancied it) and 3/4 inch of french bread with 1/2 teaspoon of Clover light.
First try of bread, little uncomfy but not too bad.

~DINNER~

Roast chicken, 1 roast potato, sage and onion stuffing, 2 slices of courgette, 4 sticks of julienne carrot, 3 french beans, tiny bit of broccoli, 1 sprout and gravy.

~SNACK~

2 Seeded Ryvita thins. Dollop of humous and a dollop of extra light Philly cheese and 8 black pepper cashew nuts.

1 1/2 litres of fluids.

Hi Mrs Quiggle thanks very much for the dietry posts have found it very interesting and informative. I only have question - as a pre-opper the amount you are eating looks very small and obvioulsy is but the question is do you feel hungry during the day/after a meal and physically just unable to eat anymore or do you feel totally full and satisfied?
Thanks

Hi Mrs Quiggle thanks very much for the dietry posts have found it very interesting and informative. I only have question - as a pre-opper the amount you are eating looks very small and obvioulsy is but the question is do you feel hungry during the day/after a meal and physically just unable to eat anymore or do you feel totally full and satisfied?
Thanks

Hi.

I never feel hungry at all. I do fancy stuff and food still makes my mouth water but I'm not hungry. When I've eaten a meal, I feel full, if I have a bit too much I feel I've eaten too much and it wont go down, you tend to get the foamies lol which is like burping foamy saliva back up and usually the last bite of food too so you really do need to stop when you feel full.

It's not usually possible to feel full when you're on liquids as these pass pretty quickly through the stomach as you have no pyloric valve any more which holds liquids in your stomach making you feel full. The crunchier more solid food obviously stays in the stomach pouch for much longer keeping you feeling fuller for longer.

Hope that helps.

Kate x

Hi Kate,
Thanks very much for that definatley does help. I am just starting my pre-op diet at the mo although not having surgery until 11th Feb wanted to get into the momentum early. In the end did you have your surgery at St Anthonys? as this is where I'm having mine done. One final thing have you eaten anything thats caused a bad reaction and caused something like the dumping syndrome that we have been advised of and if you have is really that bad?
Thanks very much
Sarah

Hi Kate,
Thanks very much for that definatley does help. I am just starting my pre-op diet at the mo although not having surgery until 11th Feb wanted to get into the momentum early. In the end did you have your surgery at St Anthonys? as this is where I'm having mine done. One final thing have you eaten anything thats caused a bad reaction and caused something like the dumping syndrome that we have been advised of and if you have is really that bad?
Thanks very much
Sarah

Hi Sarah, glad it was of some help, I do ramble on a bit sometimes :D

I had to have my op at St G's as I had a heart attack the year before and I had to be near a cardiac unit just incase but Marcus Reddy was my surgeon and the care and attention was second to none.

As for dumping. I can eat 3 fried chips and a piece of scampi and ordinary cheese without any effects so I'm not sure if I would dump on more than that, but those tiny amounts nicked from my husbands plate when we are out for dinner satiate me. I don't know if I dump on sugars because I havn't had any to find out on. I've lost my sweet tooth completely thank goodness, I haven't had a chocolate, sweet, cake or pudding since 22nd Nov. Closest I've had is a desert spoon of ice cream which was so sweet it was horrible. I dare not even try anything sweet because I want to believe that I dump because if I don't I would probably start eating these things again and I don't want to. I've heard that the pain and feelings of illness from dumping are something you don't want to repeat once it happens to you. Best not to know if you do or don't I think. I believe around 50% of bypassers do dump.

Kate x

Hey Kate,
Well good news about losing the sweet tooth, lets hope I also turn out be like that because I certainly love anything sugary. Well done on your weight loss so far, amazing results 59lbs since 22nd Nov, something for me to look up to and hopefully I will be able to achieve similar results to :)
Sarah

Hey Kate,
Well good news about losing the sweet tooth, lets hope I also turn out be like that because I certainly love anything sugary. Well done on your weight loss so far, amazing results 59lbs since 22nd Nov, something for me to look up to and hopefully I will be able to achieve similar results to :)
Sarah

Thanks Sarah. That's 59lb since being referred. I lost a stone at WW before the op, then a stone on the pre-op which I was on for a month due to my op being cancelled and re-booked a fortnight later so I was 16st when I had the op and today I'm 13st 10 but I'm still very pleased with it. I've certainly never lost 2lb over Christmas before.

Kate x

Todays Menu

Tuesday 24th January 2012

~BREAKFAST~

Half a packet of Oatso Simple made with semi skimmed milk with 2 heaped teaspoons of skimmed milk powder added.

~LUNCH~

Liver and bacon casserole, 1 dessert spoon of mash, broccoli.

~SNACK~

1 Cheese string and 10 cashew nuts.

~DINNER~

Half a Basa fillet dusted with flour and black pepper and baked. (Was beautiful) with 6 french beans and 3 oven chips.

~SNACK~

Snack pot yogurt.

Copious amounts of fluids in all guises.

Well I can't believe how lax I've been on writing up my daily menus. I'm going to start again as it really helps me to make sure I'm eating enough protein ect. so here goes.

Thursday 1st March 2012

Breakfast

2 desertspoons of fage (greek yogurt) mixed with half a pot of yakult lite and 1/3 of a pack of plain oatso simple oats.

Snack

2 crackers spread with cream cheese and pineapple (full fat, brought the wrong one by mistake, hoping extra calories will help shift weight so using it up)

Lunch

2 tablespoons of turkey and bacon casserole, few bits of carrot, small floret of broccoli and 1 desert spoon of mash.
Tiny amount of stewed apple and sugar free custard.

Snack

2 crackers spread with low fat pate.

Dinner

Wetherspoons. 1/3 of a super foods salad and half a fillet of poached salmon with french dressing.

Snack

2 of those oval breakfast biscuits, the plainest ones, very nice and low fat and sugar. (The other two are missing this morning so can only assume the DOG has eaten them lol)

Loads of tea, coffee, orange juice.

Sunday 4th March 2012

Breakfast

2 desert spoons of Greek Yogurt (Fage) mixed with 1/3 of a packet of Oatso Simple Original oats and a desert spoonful of marvel.

Snack

I Rich tea biscuit with a cuppa at church

Lunch

1/4 of a large jacket potato filled with chilli and a bit of grated cheese. (brought the rest home for lunch for the next few days lol.)

Snack

Strawberry protein shake.
1 cheese string

Dinner

2 slices roast chicken (about a 1/3 of a breast)
Half a small roast potato, 1 Iceland stuffing ball, 3/4 of a sprout, 3 french beans, 2 rings of carrot, half a small floret of broccoli and a small floret of cauliflower, Gravy.

Snack

2 Desert spoons of Greek Yogurt, half a scoop of strawberry protein whey powder, a splash of milk to thin it down a bit. Was lush.

Lots of tea and water throughout the day but probably not enough.

Back