• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mrs Quiggles Food for Thought...

Todays Menu

Wednesday 11th January 2012

~BREAKFAST~

1 Slice of WW wholemeal toast spread with peanut butter.

~LUNCH~

Roast Pork, 1 roast potato, shredded cabbage, diced swede, stuffing, gravy. Apple sauce.

1 tbsp semolina with apple sauce.

~SNACK~

Chicken, leek and potato soup (loads of chicken)

~DINNER~

1/3rd of a Youngs fish pie sprinkled with grated low fat cheese.

~SNACK~

Cocoa made with semi skimmed milk. Half a banana.

Is it not high in carbs tho? I'd cut the bread n potato content to help speed it up...worth a try x

Hiya Kate! I would say you are getting plenty of lovely protein, and eating about the same sort and quantity of food as me. Maybe you could try increasing your water intake to 2 litres? I have also virtually cut out all bread products, so for example, if I'm having a poached egg with cheese for brekkie, I will have it on a slice of ham instead of bread. Worth a go perhaps?? I'm losing very slowly but I suppose as long as it's going in the right direction, we are both in for the long-haul success!! xx :D

my protein is really bad today as im feeling sick on and off... so here goes

Breakfast: 3 teaspoons of beans and cheese

Lunch: 2 crackerbreads, 2 cheese triangle, 2 turkey slices

Dinner: im a bit worrie about eating anything else as i have felt sick after both meals.. so im having country veg soup... i think i will pick out all the veg and meat in it and eat that .. hopefully i wont feel sick after x

Breakfast: I had some salmon with a poached egg sprinkled with melted cheese

Lunch: Tuna fish with dairylea and onion sprinkles on ryvita

Dinner: Turkey & vegetable curry I made & froze after Xmas (no rice)

2 Litres of fluids (so far, it's still early!)

Snacks:
Milky coffee with added Marvel
Peanuts

Is it not high in carbs tho? I'd cut the bread n potato content to help speed it up...worth a try x

It does look a bit high in carbs to day doesn't it though I have to say that the slice of WW bread was tiny and quite crispy since it was toasted and the roastie at lunch time was about no bigger than a fat chip as chef makes them for our elderly and frail residents. The potato in the soup was in lumps as not liquidised when I took mine out and was only 1 1 inch square lump and there wasn't much potato on the fish pie. I'm having cocoa tonight instead as I would usually have nuts or crackers and cheese.

I've upped my liquids to 2 litres for the last couple of days, drinking NAS squash as it goes down easier. Think I'm going to try and cut out all obvious carbs tomorrow. I've asked Tim to hide the scales so I can't weigh till the end of the month.

Kate x

All those menus sound lush - I am dribbling as I've only eaten Cambridge packs and cottage bloody cheese salads for past 10 days LOL!

I wondered if you had tried any of the boil in the bag fish in sauces, serve on mashed swede (instead of potato) with veg :) mmmmmm yummy and low carb (except for the little bit of sauce)
Also swap potato for butternut squash (if you like it)

I also used to make gorgeous veg currys using tinned toms & passata, curry powder, dash of splenda if needed, aubergine was the basis with all other veg and then a tub of quark - twas lush xxxx

It's not until I logged on myfitnesspal that I woke up to carbs..often hidden too in foods you'd never expect! Have you ever tried it?! It's fab, I use it daily as logs content of everything so I can see carbs, protein, fat breakdown the lot! Def an eye opener. Daft as sounds the bread n potato often have less carb in than other foods!! Xx

Today i have had

Breakfast - one weight watchers fromage frai and one small bit of melon (tried the melon but didnt like it)

LUNCH - asparagus cuppa soup

Dinner, half a small chicken thigh (cassarole gravy, onions 2 rings of carrot) and bout a tablespoon of mash

supper one cracker bread with some pate

about 1.5 ltrs of various drinks

not loosing any weight either !!

Today i have had

Breakfast - one weight watchers fromage frai and one small bit of melon (tried the melon but didnt like it)

LUNCH - asparagus cuppa soup

Dinner, half a small chicken thigh (cassarole gravy, onions 2 rings of carrot) and bout a tablespoon of mash

supper one cracker bread with some pate

about 1.5 ltrs of various drinks

not loosing any weight either !!

Doughie, not that I'm an expert but you don't seem to be eating very much, this might be why you're not losing at the moment.

Kate xxx

It's not until I logged on myfitnesspal that I woke up to carbs..often hidden too in foods you'd never expect! Have you ever tried it?! It's fab, I use it daily as logs content of everything so I can see carbs, protein, fat breakdown the lot! Def an eye opener. Daft as sounds the bread n potato often have less carb in than other foods!! Xx

Jo I just can't work it out. I can't seem to put in the quantity in that I actually eat and I don't weigh everything so can't work it out in my head either. Wish I could as it looks like a valuable piece of kit.

Kate x

Doughie, not that I'm an expert but you don't seem to be eating very much, this might be why you're not losing at the moment.

Kate xxx

the day before i did have more snacks - almonds and some cheese, but i felt i had eaten too much - i did actually feel better yesterday after just eating that - what should i add do you think? cos i was stuffed after dinner - i spose at lunch i could have some ham or something with my soup?
xx sorry i missed the st georges group - completely forgot about it

Hmmm I do weigh everything so I'm accurate...wish you lived nearbyAnd I'd help you as it is fab xx

the day before i did have more snacks - almonds and some cheese, but i31s felt i had eaten too much - i did actually feel better yesterday after just eating that - what should i add do you think? cos i was stuffed after dinner - i spose at lunch i could have some ham or something with my soup?
xx sorry i missed the st georges group - completely forgot about it

You havn't missed it Debs it's on the 31st.

Will pick you up!

Kate x

Todays Menu

Friday 13th January.

~BREAKFAST~

1 Slice of WW wholemeal toast with peanut butter.

~LUNCH~

Mince in gravy with 2 teaspoons of mashed potato.

~DINNER~

100g Tuna in brine with a tiny mixed salad and 1tblsp of extra lite mayonaise and a shake of balsamic vinegar.

~SNACK~

1 Slice of ham, 1 cheese string, 10 cashew nuts a dollop of hummous and 2 carrot sticks.

2.5 litres of fluids.

Todays Menu

Saturday 14th January 2012

~BREAKFAST~

1 WW sausage, 1 lean rasher of bacon, 1 tablespoons baked beans, 1 mushroom sliced, 1 slice ww wholemeal toast.

~LUNCH~

1 Cajun chicken wrap (peeled and only ate the wrap bit around the chicken) from Tesco and 1 pack of Quavers

~SNACK~
Remainder of wrap as couldn't eat it all at lunch and a cheese string.

~DINNER~

1 Tin of tuna in brine, small mixed salad, extra light mayo balsamic vinegar.

Half a mango (lush) and a tube of fromage frais.

~SNACK~

Probably a handful of cashews

2 litres of fluids.

Todays Menu

Saturday 14th January 2012

~BREAKFAST~

1 WW sausage, 1 lean rasher of bacon, 1 tablespoons baked beans, 1 mushroom sliced, 1 slice ww wholemeal toast.

~LUNCH~

1 Cajun chicken wrap (peeled and only ate the wrap bit around the chicken) from Tesco and 1 pack of Quavers

~SNACK~
Remainder of wrap as couldn't eat it all at lunch and a cheese string.

~DINNER~

1 Tin of tuna in brine, small mixed salad, extra light mayo balsamic vinegar.

Half a mango (lush) and a tube of fromage frais.

~SNACK~

Probably a handful of cashews

2 litres of fluids.

Kate it all sounds very tasty but I am shocked at the amount you can eat. I am not eating anywhere near this but I have not lost 1Ib in over 3 weeks. I have lost inches but the scales are stuck fast!

Is your weight still steadily coming off?

Today I have had:

Breakfast: Half weetabix and about a third of a sliced banana with ss milk

Lunch: Approx 6 dessert spoons of chilli bean soup.

Snack: Skinny latte

Snack: 2 slices of wafer thin ham and a handful of cashew and peanuts.

Supper: Approx 3 - 4 dessert spoons of mixed rice, chicken and onions (hubby made it for me!)

Snack: 2 satsumas (fruit eaten but membrane left).

Approx 2 pints of fluid so far today.

I don't feel hungry or full, just bored and worried about grazing. :sigh:

I know Jen, when I looked back on it it seems masses today but the portions were very small. I did feel a bit sick after breakfast but the bacon was quite thin and only a spoonful of beans. The ww sausage was lovely and only 1 ww point which I though was fab.

With the wrap there was loads of extra wrap around it which I peeled off and saved for the dog, it was Nacho chicken not cajun and was mixed with peppers and mayo. The best thing I could find to eat in the Tesco petrol station, it was quite small without all the excess wrap. The quavers were very naughty but I didn't arf enjoy them. They melt down to nothing don't they.

It all sounds quite a bit but wasn't really when I think about it. I didn't have a snack in the morning and they said we should have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I'm trying to get loads of protein in which is why I had the tin of tuna. The salad was tiny as in half a ring of pepper, a leaf of lettuce and a cherry tomato. No carbs with it.

I'm not losing any weight at all, none infact since Christmas like you. I'm stuck at 14.2 I'm trying to eat more protein, less carbs and drink more fluids to see if that shifts it.

We were out at lunch time looking at cars far from home hence the not good lunch. Would normally have had some chicken or a meaty soup if I'd been at home.

Hope we both start shifting some soon.

Love Kate x

Back