• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Day out @ Spire Manchester

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Hi Peeps, just got back from my days outing @ the Spire Hospital manchester. My appointment was for 10.30 but we set off at 8.00 good job too as we got stuck in the trafic. We arrived at 9.30 so there was bags of time to chill out a bit, (didnt dare look at me hubby in traffic jam as I could see steam comming out of ones ears L.O.L) Anyway we went to the restaurant and both had a coffee, then we watched jeremy kyle on the t.v in there just to kill a bit of time. We then headed down to the reception area and waited for my name to be called out by the bariatric nurse Kath Rothwell she was realy nice. Anyway first things first I followed her to the dreaded weighing scales (gulp) and where my scales says 17stone 10lb kaths scales said 18stone I was horrified but never mind. I have also shrunk 1" as well but never mind, but to all those people Ive told Ime 5`2" well I lied Ha! Ha! then after this little escapade we went into her office, I had my blood preasure done which was 147/88 then my temperature which was slightly high but she put this down to the weather being humid. I then had the MRSA swabs done 1 x from my nostril I was praying there wasnt anything going to be on the end of the swab L.O.L and thank god there wasnt. another one was done in my groin. (and yes the lawn was mowed) I read previous threads on here. I then had 4 x lots of bloods done and my results will be back in 2 x days . I was then confirmed to another appointment for the 8th July (next Wed) for a meeting with the lovely Mr Ammori & aneathatist , and also my Surgery date which is waitttttttttttttt for itttttttt!!!! 2 x days later on the 10th July. I can come to the hospital at the crack of dawn (7.00am) and I will be the first one down to theatre, then all being well on the condition everything is o.k I can go home on the 11th on the condition that I rest and potter about the house (i think the pottering about the house bit means very light exercise) . Mr Ammori then goes on his well deserved jolly Hollidays the very next day. I loved my day today and wanted to share it with all you wonderful peeps on here. Oh forgot to tell you my pre op diet is fab its all fresh produce including 100g each meal of fresh fish or lean meat, as much veg as you like but cant be a root veg. 2 x pieces of fruit daily, 1 slice of bread and 1 x small baked potatoe. salads and also low fat cheese or 1 x egg. anyway got to the check-out and it cost me £61.00:eek: Hubby can get his own stuff on thurs L.O.L I hope you all liked my story as much as I liked my days outing. Kind regards Gail-Michelle.xxx

Last edited:
Such a great appointment. Thanks for giving us so many details. Next week will be here before you know it.

So glad you had such a positive time there. Not long now til your op....goodluck :) x

Im feeling much better thanks :) wound still a bit sore, but getting there! lol

Hope your op goes nice and smoothly and let me know how you get on :) xx

Congrats on your great news hun, time will fly by.

Nic:D

Hiya Nic, Ive sent you a private message. I Just need a bit of advice realy, I wanted to know if you know any-one that has come home the next day after a gastric bypass. My op is on the 10th and discharged on the 11th :eek: G.M
Congrats on your great news hun, time will fly by.

Yep, I got you message but you posted on my profile not a pm, lol. Anyway, yes it is standard for patients of Dr. Ammori to go home the next after surgery provided that you are doing well. I did and so did Hopelesscase, all the ladies who had surgery my same day, Helen who just had her surgery last week, Charliegirl who was at Spire I think, umm pretty much everyone I can think of that has had Dr. A and not needed to be in HDU have gone home the next day. He likes it that way because you are less likely to pick-up a hospital infection when you are in such a short time and he says you rest & heal better at home.

HTH,

Hi Margaret, Ime not going on my holls Mr Ammori is the following day, although we have booked with all the family to goto the dominican republic for my 50th birthday but we dont go until the 20th Jan 2010 (my 50th is october). hopefully by then I will have a new bodd. L.O.L I didnt see anyone from Minimins.Kind regards G.M
Hi G.M
I enjoyed your story hun did you meet anybody that's going to have surgery . Not to long to wait now for you I bet your over the moon . Your weights not to bad by Xmas you`ll be right down you lucky girl . Where are you going on your hols you`ll just have to take it easy . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hiya Nic, thank-you for the re-assurance I knew you would know. I am one of these people dont go to my g.p very often. and I have only ever been in hospital on 2 occasions so I realy didnt know what the procedure was. But thank you so much and I hope to see you at one of the meetings in the near future. Kind regards G.M :thankyou:
Yep, I got you message but you posted on my profile not a pm, lol. Anyway, yes it is standard for patients of Dr. Ammori to go home the next after surgery provided that you are doing well. I did and so did Hopelesscase, all the ladies who had surgery my same day, Helen who just had her surgery last week, Charliegirl who was at Spire I think, umm pretty much everyone I can think of that has had Dr. A and not needed to be in HDU have gone home the next day. He likes it that way because you are less likely to pick-up a hospital infection when you are in such a short time and he says you rest & heal better at home.

HTH,

Back