• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary warts and all

kellsbells

Hi everyone I'm Kelly I'm 32 engaged to Andy and we have a beautiful little boy called Charlie, I've been fat most of my life since maybe juniors and went to my first slimming club aged around 14 it has been a vicious circle since then! I met Andy when I was 21 I was a size 14 then and loved the size I was then I was bigger than that but I had gall stones and had to follow a low fat diet the pain was unbelievable! I almost wish they never took them away, anyways age old story of getting comfy with partner eating same portions plus devastating bouts of depression led me to 19 stone! We decided we wanted a baby and I lost a stone very slowly and found out I was pregnant I actually only put half a stone on when having him! I got post natal depression too and just didn't care about me, I went to drs heartbroken over my weight and begged for a gastric band but she told me I wasn't big enough to qualify for nhs so I went on Exante I lost 3 stone felt great then my mother in law died I come off the shakes that was nov last year and I have now put the 3 stone back on! Still barreling depression feeling awful partly cos of this weight, mil left some money to Andy and he is lending me it to be banded I have my band on 7th October and can't wait! I know it's not a Miracle cure and I know I have to put in the hard work but I feel it will help me a tool to aid my loss, pre op diet starts Monday I have date night tomorrow with Andy I'm going to enjoy the weekend then I'll be using my leftover Exante and having protien for tea I'm convinced my liver Wong have shrunk! Thanks for reading and sorry for waffling but as my title stated its warts an all! Xxxx

Welcome and good luck on your journey, I can relate to depression and struggling with your weight all your life and having a little boy and my partner is an Andy too! I am 4 weeks post op and having my first fill on Saturday and lost 1 stone 6 pounds so far, I too have gone privately and you will find lots of support on this site x

We all do this together

Take care

Jane x

fab40 said:
Welcome and good luck on your journey, I can relate to depression and struggling with your weight all your life and having a little boy and my partner is an Andy too! I am 4 weeks post op and having my first fill on Saturday and lost 1 stone 6 pounds so far, I too have gone privately and you will find lots of support on this site x

We all do this together

Take care

Jane x

Thank you hun I have been about on the boards but thought I do a diary so I can look back on it have a rant on it or just pour my heart out xx

Started pre op diet today Exante and protien scales this morning squealed when I stepped on them! 16.13 ? xxx

Getting closer now!! A week Sunday almost everyone at work knows now a few surgeons have tried to talk me out of it lol but it's nice to know they care rest of my work have been really supportive so that's nice no one believes I'll only be off for one week! That's the weeks holiday I have booked bring on October 7th!! Xx

Good lick with your diet. You'll lose a stone I bet while your doing it. I lost 17lb in two weeks on my pre op diet :)

good luck

Thanks guys! Gutted I've felt a sore throat coming on and woke this morning with a raw throat glad I'm getting it now out of the way I've called everyone in work for coming in full of cold I really don't want to cancel my op! So plenty of paracetamol and warm drinks for me! Xx

Thanks guys! Gutted I've felt a sore throat coming on and woke this morning with a raw throat glad I'm getting it now out of the way I've called everyone in work for coming in full of cold I really don't want to cancel my op! So plenty of paracetamol and warm drinks for me! Xx

How you feeling now Hun ?. X

Not bad thanks chick just goin to get a shower an pjs on an I'm not moving all weekend ha ha how you feeling? Xx

My appetite is back .... I have had two handfull size portions of cottage pie, two pots of custard and one Wetabix ...oh I feel so fat!!

Carre said:
My appetite is back .... I have had two handfull size portions of cottage pie, two pots of custard and one Wetabix ...oh I feel so fat!!

Ah Hun I bet it's nothing compared to what you would have eaten pre band? Are you counting cals? Are you using mfp? Xx

I've just been to boots and got boots own wind tabs I think it was top Kat that recommended them I got some co codamol boots own and dry mouth spray that someone reccomended and they're all 3 for 2!! Then I went to pound land and they had the sports water bottles with the ice centre thing in it and I got my toiletries then to home bargains and bought myself a nice little side plate bring on the band!! Xxx

image-3576173101.jpg

How is the Pre-op diet going, I start mine properly next week. I am the same weight as you so really interested to see how you get on :) mine is all food - low carb and a lot of weighing out which will be a bit of a pain, but all worth it in the end! Hope I'm in the 15's before my op (fingers crossed) then downwards from there on!!!! Good luck hon! :) x

SAS1 said:
How is the Pre-op diet going, I start mine properly next week. I am the same weight as you so really interested to see how you get on :) mine is all food - low carb and a lot of weighing out which will be a bit of a pain, but all worth it in the end! Hope I'm in the 15's before my op (fingers crossed) then downwards from there on!!!! Good luck hon! :) x

Thanks chick pre op isn't too bad I done shakes and protien for a couple days then couldn't stand it so went with what they told me 1000-1200 cals and doing good so far I weighed this morning and was 16.9 so doubt I'll be in the 15s but hey ho I'm not going to worry feel super hungry today so trying to snack on protein and get plenty of water in me! I'm convinced my liver won't shrink and I'd love a glass or 2 of wine after a crazy busy week in work but no chance! Shrink liver shrink lol xx

Back