• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my food

mandyl

hi
going to start a thread on what ive been eating so hopefully you lovely lot can look and tell me if you think its ok. been worrying myself silly im eating too much or wrong things.
had op 22nd oct and scar tissue removal and balloon dillation on the 24th november. only started eating a little on the 20th december.
so today had-
breakfast- small slice of wholemeal toast without crusts with 2 dessert spoons of low sugar beans
lunch- 1/4 tin of farmers market chicken and veg soup added few peices of broccoli and caulifloer as extra and grated cheese
snack-2 crab sticks,1 extra light cheese triangle
dinner- mash,quorn chicken and veg about half small plate full.
might have snack bit later might not.
also 500ml skimmed milk and nas squash through out day
opinions please.
thanks xx

looking good hun, I am so jealous you can eat bread. I still struggle even with toast x x x

looking really good Mandy. Good quantities and good variety.

thanks guys . not sure if i should cut snacks out? xx

Thats a tough question Mandy but I would say, if you need them have them, try and make them high protein if possible. But if you dont need them, dont have them. Listen to your pouch and not your head.... :)

keep it up, diets looking good :)

Hi Mandy, I agree with what Mark says about snacks, if you need them, have them just try and keep them healthy. If I don't have snacks I get too hungry and am then more likely to raid the biscuit cupboard! :rolleyes:

Cuppa xx

hey Mandy wow what a fab diet, I wish I could manage bread, I eat it but it lies heavy and makes me feel really sick. I to have to have snacks or I get hungry and Pick I too usually have a light cheese triangle or a light baby bell.
So far so good hun keep it up and like Mark said listen to your pouch and not your head xxxxx

Diet looks good hun. How are you feeling after you eat? Does it feel like everything goes down ok? That is usually the sign if your diet is good. As for snacks, I think they are great as long as you plan for them and have something that is nutrious like protein, fruit or dairy.

And as already stated, listen to your pouch. There will come a day in the future (could be a long way away or very soon) when your head will say eat when your body does not need it. Or you will be overwhelmed by cravings for non-nutritious foods like crisps, sweets or simple carbs - just be prepared and have plenty of things in your house that are good for you to eat instead.

Keep up the good work,
Nic;)

hi nic
mostly seems fine at moment except tonight.
i had prawns,tuna,rice. all eaten before except tuna.
now dont feel great headachy and a sick. thing is rice bit hard i knew not to eat it but still did. also not had loads to drink today not sure what it is now:cry::cry:

Aww, sorry you feel ill. Don't worry tho, lots of people struggle with rice at first, to be honest I rarely eat it anymore as it sorta sits stodgy in my pouch even now. I can eat it but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to so it is easy to resist! And remember sometimes it is the combination of foods or your chewing (not doing enough chewing) that can make something feel odd in your pouch. Just soldier on and try to pay attention. You'll master the pouch, quicker than you think maybe.

Nic;)

thanks nic feel better now prob was lack of concentration. xx

-beans and bit of cheese mixed in
d- tuna on melba toast.
really bad today totally fed up xx

-beans and bit of cheese mixed in
d- tuna on melba toast.
really bad today totally fed up xx

Wats up why are u fed up, remember our chat the other day, just concentrate on all the positive things u have achieved,maybe write them down in a book all ur achievements from day one post op and every time ur having a hard day just read them and remind urself how far u have come.
Take care xxx

Mandy hope you are feeling better today.
What meals are planned ?

Mandy hope you are feeling better today.
What meals are planned ?
hi feel bit better thankyou x
im very tired at mo for some reason and also bit upset by something. dont know what meals to have im a useless cook and just dunno what to have. oh dear what a mess lol.xx

Mandy keep smiling hunni - you are doing fabulous xxx

How about looking on line for some recipes that are high in protein,just did a search for you ad if you go to google and type in "recipes for beginners" u will find lots of easy recipes that are not complicated.
You can either half the amounts or just portion it up and when its completely cool then stick them in the freezer so u have meals already cooked for another day.
Do you like Mince, as u can get different kinds of mince, i like either steak or lamb mince and u can make so much with it and its relatively cheap.
Hope u have a good day, take care xxx

Back