• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric band diary

:break_diet::break_diet::17729::17729::17729::17729::break_diet:I feel like I cud lose control again, I feel disgusted in myself that I've broken the new diet soooo soon after having the op!!!!! I've been so lucky in the fact that my mam has paid for me to have this band and I feel like I'm gonna let her down!! I don't even feel like I've had an operation.

I've just been picking at things like walnuts, small pieces of chocolate and breadsticks. I've also been 'batch' cooking and then picking at it all day. MY WILLPOWER HAS DISSOLVED.

On the plus side, my grandad is much improved, I've been round today to do some cleaning for my nan and done her a grocery shop ready for when he comes home.:)

:)Hi all, I've had a slightly better day today and have started back at my local 'LADYZONE' gym, I am also going swimming tonight with my cousin. It will be the first time in 8yrs and am a little nervous about being semi-naked but it's a ladies only session so should'nt be too bad!!:eek:
I am also full-time job hunting as redundancies are being announced next month at Bentley Motors where my hubby works (I hope he stays!!!):sigh:
I have also booked my first fill for monday 9th feb:D I feel like I need it now !!!!

I've been swimming!!

Hi all, yes I've actually been swimming and I loved it. I managed to swim 16 full sized lengths!! I did the 1st 4 without stopping then did the rest 2 at a time. I am hopfully going to try and build them up by 2 each time I go.

I am also on the hunt for a cheap cross trainer so I can do it several times a day.:D:)

Congratulations on the swimming Jenk. 16 lengths is a lot more than I could manage.

I'm intending to start swimming again as our local pool has recently reopened but I need to get a new cossie. I did buy one recently but it didnt fit.... Still need to get round to returning it.

Well done so far, sounds like your doing well. Keep up the good work!!! I can't wait to have my band fitted in March....not long to go now xx

Well done so far, sounds like your doing well. Keep up the good work!!! I can't wait to have my band fitted in March....not long to go now xx
Good luck on ur wl journey Donna. I have found it ok so far, some days better than others just like with everything. I have my 1st fill on Monday 9th, can't wait to get some restriction.:D

another update

:DHi all, just another quicky. I went swimming again last nite and managed to do 24 full sized lengths and am definately feeling the after effects of them. I also weighed myself this mornin and now weigh 14st 12lbs!!! I havn't been that for a long long time, so I now feel Grrreat!!!!:D

That is lovely - on the exercise & the weight loss!!! Keep up the good work.

Hi, sounds like your doing really well. I'm having my band fitted on 12th Feb, struggling with the pre op diet at the moment sticking to slimfast and yoghurt during the day but night time munchies (which have always been a problem) still taking over. Have my pre op assessment on Monday. Its great seeing the success others have had in a short space of time post op and can't wait to start my new weightloss journey.

minimetobe welcome to mini's and hope all goes well with the band :)

Hi all, I go back to the hospital tomorrow for my first band fill. I am quite excited and more than ready for it as I feel I NEED the restriction. I have been quite good with my portion sizes but the frequency of them has begun to creep up over the past week or so, as within an hour of eating a small meal I feel hungry again!!!

I have plenty of homemade soups and liquidised meals in the freezer ready for the mushy stage again (yumm!!)lol, but am not sure how long to stay on the soft meals (I will have to try and remember to ask).

Despite needing my restriction I feel quite good and all my clothes are falling off me. People are starting to comment on my weightloss now and the compliments are something I'm not used to, but I do kind of like them.;)

x x x

Jinkles good luck for tomorrow, i know what you mean about the compliments we went without them for so long that its hard to think they are now being directed at us.

all the best for tomorrow Jinkles Is it at the nuffield
Yes it is at the Nuffield with Mr Cheruvu. I just hope he is in a better mood this time, he was really grumpy last time I saw him and he kept going on at me to eat less and excercise for at least an hour every day (as if I don't know this already after the past few yrs of iff'n and rr'n about avin the band in in the 1st place). He didn't seem to pleased with my weightloss at that point (18lbs since pre-op) and made me feel as if I hadn't done enough. Hopefully having now lost 38lbs he might be a bit nicer to be around.lol x x x

let us no how you get on. Does he count chasing 2 little ones round as excerize lol

Well... I've had my first fill and it was quite uncomfortable as he was digging around alot as he said he couldn't find the spot he needed. He put 5mls in (i have a 12ml capacity). I then drank 2 cups of water which went down ok, I feel no difference!

I don't think that anything pleases this man, he was still dissapointed with my progress and said he expected me to have lost at least 1/2stone more than I had done already.
He kept banging on about more excercise and less eating, even my hubby was getting a bit p****d off with him!!!!

I thought I had done quite well losing 38lbs and I have been working hard at the gym 3 times a week and swimming on a Tuesday. He says I need to be doing at least 1hr of continuous cardivascular exercise each day and 1hr toning a day!!!!
Sometimes this isn't always possible considering I'm now working 30hrs a week (was 15hrs), looking after my 2 little princesses and looking after all the housework. Are his expectations too high?? Or am I not doing enough? Do I need to do more???
Have I really done the right thing having this band? At the moment Mr Cheruvu hasn't filled me with the greatest of confidence!!:sigh:

He sounds like a jerk. Not sure I would have managed to stay quiet in your shoes!

I thought I had done quite well losing 38lbs and I have been working hard at the gym 3 times a week and swimming on a Tuesday. He says I need to be doing at least 1hr of continuous cardivascular exercise each day and 1hr toning a day!!!!
Sometimes this isn't always possible considering I'm now working 30hrs a week (was 15hrs), looking after my 2 little princesses and looking after all the housework. Are his expectations too high?? Or am I not doing enough? Do I need to do more???
Have I really done the right thing having this band? At the moment Mr Cheruvu hasn't filled me with the greatest of confidence!!:sigh:

You are doing great hun. This man sounds a bit mean to be honest

Its completely unrealistic to expect anyone to be doing 2 hours of exercise a day.

Hopefully this fill will give you a bit more restriction and you will see the weight start to fall a bit quicker.

Back