• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric band diary

You are doing great hun. This man sounds a bit mean to be honest

Its completely unrealistic to expect anyone to be doing 2 hours of exercise a day.

Hopefully this fill will give you a bit more restriction and you will see the weight start to fall a bit quicker.

Thanks, I think I will be relying on this site more than I thought I would. The people on here are just sooo good.
x x x

Ignore him hes a pleb lol you will show him next time I think you have done really good

OMG!!!! I had 1 weetabix today for my breakfast whilst at work, the first one since my 1st fill. Before my fill, absolutely fine but a few mins after having it I felt as if I'd swallowed a pig. I had tummy cramps and a some productive burping which took about 45 mins to settle. I think I should have left the weetabix to soak up the milk 1st before I had it!!!! Won't be doing that again in a hurry lol x x x

Sounds like your doing a grand job to me with 38lb weight loss. Keep up the good work and don't take surgeons comments to heart.

What planet is he from ?
I do 1 hour cardio mon to fri and my gp and dietician said this is plenty - if not a bit too much and 3 days a week is more do-able
I would take in what he says and let the rubbish go out the other ear.
38 lb off is fantastic xx well done
he obviously doesn't have to look after a family and a house as well as having a job. Oh to be a bloke x

Well... I've had my first fill and it was quite uncomfortable as he was digging around alot as he said he couldn't find the spot he needed. He put 5mls in (i have a 12ml capacity). I then drank 2 cups of water which went down ok, I feel no difference!

I don't think that anything pleases this man, he was still dissapointed with my progress and said he expected me to have lost at least 1/2stone more than I had done already.
He kept banging on about more excercise and less eating, even my hubby was getting a bit p****d off with him!!!!

I thought I had done quite well losing 38lbs and I have been working hard at the gym 3 times a week and swimming on a Tuesday. He says I need to be doing at least 1hr of continuous cardivascular exercise each day and 1hr toning a day!!!!
Sometimes this isn't always possible considering I'm now working 30hrs a week (was 15hrs), looking after my 2 little princesses and looking after all the housework. Are his expectations too high?? Or am I not doing enough? Do I need to do more???
Have I really done the right thing having this band? At the moment Mr Cheruvu hasn't filled me with the greatest of confidence!!:sigh:

im getting quiet mad at your dr reading this is he a bariatric surgeon or a genral surgeon that does this as well what an ass! your weightloss has been great you should be losing about 2lbs a week my dr has never been like this with me he should be encouraging you you do pleanty of exersise plus the amount your doing your going to buoilding alot of muscle!

on another note you might find you have problems with weetabix i dont eat any cereal now i have crackers n creamcheese for breaky as im sure the cereal wedges in my hole lol keep up the brilliant work! are you nhs?

Hi,
I'm due to have a band fitted in 9 days and i can tell you right now that if i do as well a you have, i will be totally chuffed! Your Dr sounds like an idiot, you should be really proud of what you have achieved!!!

Hi Everone. I have now lost 42lbs!!!!!!! and can now manage a full 30mins on my cross trainer without stopping lol x x x
I will be seeing my consultant again in april for another fill, I am not at all looking forward to it because I'm sure he will still be dissapointed (nothing is ever good enough for him). I wish there was a nurse i could see for my band fills instead of him. x x x

wow very nice weight loss jinkles, great going

can anyone tell me how long you are swollen after your band as been fitted i am 2 weeks post op and still feel bloated and swollen

can anyone tell me how long you are swollen after your band as been fitted i am 2 weeks post op and still feel bloated and swollen
Hi, it took about 2 weeks for my swelling and feeling bloated to subside, but each individual varies. If it continues, gets worse or ur worried about anything contact the place where u were banded and I'm sure they will help you. Good luck on ur wls journey x x:)

Hey Jinkles thanks for the diary im 2 weeks post op from Dolan Park and can totally relate to what your going through. My scar at port area has gone all sunken in over the last few days but i reckon like yourself it means its getting better. Well done on the weight loss so far xxx

oooh forgot to say your two kids are absolutley adorable...ive two myself and although i want the weight loss for me i also want it for them to teacvh them better eating habbits and be able to run or kick a ball with them. With 2 lil cuties like yours they make it all worth while :)

oooh forgot to say your two kids are absolutley adorable...ive two myself and although i want the weight loss for me i also want it for them to teacvh them better eating habbits and be able to run or kick a ball with them. With 2 lil cuties like yours they make it all worth while :)
Good luck with ur weightloss journey.
It is hard even with the band. I can't wait for my next fill as I know my portion sizes ar too big and I am hungry again soon after. Some days are better than others food wise, for example: I made some potato and leek soup and put myself out a small bowl which I just about managed as I became full really quickly, then the day after I made a spaghetti bolagnaise and just put myself out the bolagnaise sauce and I could have gone back for another bowl!!! I don't know how my stomach can be so fickle. I also need to try really hard and work with my band otherwise it will not work for me.
:):):)

Hi everyone, I have not updated my diary for a while, been really busy lately!! I have just got back from a weeks camping holiday at Flamingo Land in Yorkshire, the weather was fab and the kids had a brill time.

I decided to bring my next scheduled 'fill' forwards, so had it done before I went away. My portion sizes were creeping up again and had not lost any weight for 6 weeks, so thought that if I had the fill before I went away, would stop me from over eating and kick start my weight loss again. Which it did, I posted in a different thread a few days ago about how good my restriction was, it was perhaps too good as for the 1st few days I struggled with fluids!! After a week my restriction had calmed down and I could eat 'nomal' food but in very little quantities. Whilst I was away I was persuaded by my hubby to go on a ride at the theme park with him it was called 'cliffhanger'. It shot us very quickly up in the air and straight away back down again, did not like it one bit!!!!!! Anyway to the point, since that ride the restriction I had has gone, I have not felt full since Wednesday last week!! Is this due to the ride or is it all my head?? Either way i am 'down in the dumps' as my consultant will not see me again so soon after my last fill, especially considering that I brought my last fill forwards.
After every fill I have had I get restriction then after a few days it goes again and I'm left relying on my own willpower for portion sizes.
My consultant checked for leakage on my last fill as I told him that I felt my restriction was going quickly. He told me I should have had 8mls in my 12ml band which I did, he put another 1.5mls in taking me to 9.5mls. Surely I should still feel restriction with this amount in my band. I can eat anything food wise nothing is intolerable. For an idea of portion size I can manage 1 salmon fillet 3 new potatoes and a handful of green beans before I start feeling full. When I initially had 8mls in my band I couldn't even manage 1/2 of that before I felt full to bursting!!!
Why do I feel as if I'm on a rollercoaster with this wl journey. I should have had the bypass instead, I feel fed up of fighting !!!:-((:)cry::sigh::break_diet:

Hi Jinkles

I'm a new bander so can't offer any words of wisdom as to your restriction/food intake, but just wanted to say how fab you've done with your wl so far...nearly 67lb since January is fantastic :happy096:

it worries me the thought of going onto real food again as I'm thinking about it even now whilst I'm still on liquids :eek:

when you went for your last fill, how did they check what was still in there? did they draw out what was in then just replace it with a little more on top of that?

Back