• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My gift

hopelesscase

In november last year i was given a gift. Although one man was responciable for instigating it

Hundreds were responciable for me recieving it.

Some may of felt that i didnt deserve it that i was responciable for my own actions.

Others were worried i didnt fully appriciate how it may affect me.

Whilst thoes closest knew i wouldnt abuse it and would take great care of it.

I consider my self to of been the luckest person going as not once have i felt the need to abuse my gift.

I feel as though i have to take great care of my gift otherwise i feel as though i would be sticking 2 fingers up to the man that instigated it, the hundreds that made it happen, the doubters would be proved right and thoes nearest and dearest well i just wouldnt be able to look them in the face without feeling guilty.

I keep telling myself that i hope my resolve stays that the wrong food choices wont becon and lead my astray. That the fear of dumping remains so strong that i dont even want to tempt fate. And that as each day passes and i learn to love the new me wobby bits an all my gift of my bypass serves me well.

I find by thinking of my bypass in these terms it has helped my remain strong when temptation has come knocking and these days food choices are second nature.
hope this helps
carole

phatmomma

How very true! It is a gift, the chance to be 'normal' and to have a long healthier life.....

Cherish your gift, i hope i get one that is as much loved and respected as yours is...

xx

hayley1983

That's cool :)

xxx

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
what ever form of wls we choose its a gift and we should respect that gift given, as the gift given is for most of us our last chance salloon, if we work hard with the gift that we are given then the results are there for the taking !

great thread carole, it wont let me rep u yet xx

liz x

xxsarahxx

what lovely words, very touching almost... i will definitely remember your inspirational passage if and when i get my surgery. Thank you xx

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
Couldn't agree with you more, Carole! After my initial worry about loose skin, I am actually enjoying seeing it develop and wiggle my bingo wings at my daughters regularly (much to their disgust!)... You have said it so well but I am not able to rep you at the mo. I see my bypass as a gift and, like you, will cherish it. I am already able to do so much more and have a new lease of life. I couldn't be more grateful to Mr Agwunobi and my GP for their amazing support.
Hope to see you soon.

Lx

kandeechops

What a wonderful way to look at it "A gift" I will treat my gift with the utmost respect, Thank you for making me see it like this

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
Very well said & so so true, We do have an amazing gift and i will always be very thankfull to my Surgeon and will treasure my gift forever, Its a priceless gift and if we treat it right, It will will always work for us, Thankyou for this insperational post.

Sambucca

Lovely thread Carole, and I cant rep ya either grrrr....

I have waited 8 long months for my gift and have seen many success stories on here in that time. I will get my gift finally next Sunday and hope to be able to use my gift as wisely as you have Carole.

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
What an amazing and inspirational post.