• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

Soooo...what a total difference - just had a chicken thigh (in breadcrumbs, home made) and broccoli n peas and wow - i am stuffed!!!

I ate around 3/4 of my meal :rolleyes:

It was 1000% the water, washing it down n leaving me not satisfied!

Lets hope the scales start moving :)

You are doing fab!

Ive always had a drink with food tbh, I couldn't bear it otherwise
I don't wash food with a drink, but theres no way I could ever wait 30 mins before and after, especially in work

Do what suits you, ring your team for advice, thats what they are there for x x x

Thats v interesting - i think because the volume i drink (500ml) straight after my meals i am washing it down without even thinking about it or doing it on purpose.

Thanks for your support, i love hearing from other banders (obvs others too ;))

Xxxxxx

I always drink before meals, I drink hot lemon to loosen my band, ice water to tighten it
Honestly its hard work before restriction, you have to really concentrate on protein and chewing, follow the 20 20 20 to the max

Once you have restriction you wouldn't dare try to cheat it, your food will come straight up, and the people that do cheat get problems, slipped bands etc

Personally I feel that if you cheat, you are just cheating yourself
I paid a lot out of our savings for my band, I would be mortified if I thought I had wasted the time, money, and effort spent

I know you will do well, be patient, work with your band, and the weight will drop off, and most importantly stay off :) :)

Defo, me 2 hun - came out of our house savings so it needs to work lol :p

It will indeed - although I havent lost weight in a few days I am actually feel v positive today xx

Thank you all..my heros lol :worthy: xx

Well Nickynooo and Oopseydaisey, I have just followed your too and fro comments with interest. There are not too many men in the forums who have had the Gastric Band. I have written my journey to share with others too. I hadn't updated my posts since late June. Having read your 6 pages of posts, your ups and downs are the same as my ups and downs. I have just updated My Journey and like Nickynooo I have lost very little weight over the last 5 weeks, in fact its been on and off on and off. So I have gone from like 5 to 71lbs a week loss initially down to 1lb a week right now. Clearly i know that you cannot lose weight at that rate week in and out. But a pound!!! I have noticed my portion size has gone up but its due to feeling hungry, which I have never felt before. So its band and diet review tomorrow, I think it will be a fill.

Finally having read your Journeys tonight I for one think you are both doing tremendously well and should be proud of your achievements so far. As my psychologist said during my assessment its a change for a lifetime. We are at the start of our Journey and I'm sure that along the way we are going to go to places we never dreamt of, but go we will.
Take Care Ladies
NigelG

Seriously, once you have restriction its like the holy grail, but its a fine line before you reach it
It will take a while, and a bit of juggling, I had a few little fills :p

But once you have it, omg it will stop you right in your tracks!
Its not like sleevers or bypassers who get a bad tummy from sugar etc
Its like a warning that if you try one more bite you will feel really bloated and get foaming vomit
Once you get that, you wouldn't want to risk it again

Some people do risk it, I remember you telling me about your mum's friend, but thats a mad thing to do :(
I'm not perfect, far from it, but I totally respect my band, and use it like the tool it is
I don't think its a magic wand, but I know it gave me a second chance at a great life!

Honestly Nic, its changed my life massively, I would recommend it a million percent, its amazing, even after almost 3 years I still can't believe how different I look, and feel
I'm like a new, better, more positive person, in a few months you will be saying this to another new bander, I'm sure of it
Pay it forward guys x :) :)

I hope to pay it forward dont you worry ;)... i k ow what u mean, it will be hard till i get my perfect restriction but I am sure I will eventually get it :rolleyes:

Defo, i do not wana risk damaging my band or being sick all the time so I take it as easy as possible.

I have only had 1 fill and there is a 12 week gap till my next fill which seems foreverrrrr!!!

Hurry 14th of November...:p

Xxxxx

Well Nickynooo and Oopseydaisey, I have just followed your too and fro comments with interest. There are not too many men in the forums who have had the Gastric Band. I have written my journey to share with others too. I hadn't updated my posts since late June. Having read your 6 pages of posts, your ups and downs are the same as my ups and downs. I have just updated My Journey and like Nickynooo I have lost very little weight over the last 5 weeks, in fact its been on and off on and off. So I have gone from like 5 to 71lbs a week loss initially down to 1lb a week right now. Clearly i know that you cannot lose weight at that rate week in and out. But a pound!!! I have noticed my portion size has gone up but its due to feeling hungry, which I have never felt before. So its band and diet review tomorrow, I think it will be a fill.

Finally having read your Journeys tonight I for one think you are both doing tremendously well and should be proud of your achievements so far. As my psychologist said during my assessment its a change for a lifetime. We are at the start of our Journey and I'm sure that along the way we are going to go to places we never dreamt of, but go we will.
Take Care Ladies
NigelG

I have just read your diary and it was so interesting to read. You have done so well and lost loads already!!

The stalls are frustrating at times but I know it will eventually kick in - each morning i keep hoping lol! X

It is indeed a journey for life so we should be a bit more patient

Good luck and hope your fill goes ok today - how much do you have in ur band now?

Xx

@Nickynooo , Yaaaaaaaaay! Well Done :0clapper:

That's will be my first milestone getting into the 16's never been in the 16's as an adult. Come close a few time....17-4 was the closest I got.

Your doing fantastic x

Toni:rainbow:

@Nickynooo , Yaaaaaaaaay! Well Done :0clapper:

That's will be my first milestone getting into the 16's never been in the 16's as an adult. Come close a few time....17-4 was the closest I got.

Your doing fantastic x

Toni:rainbow:

Thank you bbe, i am so pleased thinking i was over 20st few weeks ago is crazy tbh xx you will get there!!! Have you had you op yet? :tongue: xxx

Thank you bbe, i am so pleased thinking i was over 20st few weeks ago is crazy tbh xx you will get there!!! Have you had you op yet? :tongue: xxx
No...having it on the 18th Sept ....hopefully , if they don't cancel again!
Can't wait....getting all excited about it now.
But, I'm sure nerves will kick in walking down to theatre. Lol.

Felt down a few days ago, but stood tall...dusted myself down ....And , headed to the gym! Feel miles better for it.

Toni :rainbow:

No...having it on the 18th Sept ....hopefully , if they don't cancel again!
Can't wait....getting all excited about it now.
But, I'm sure nerves will kick in walking down to theatre. Lol.

Felt down a few days ago, but stood tall...dusted myself down ....And , headed to the gym! Feel miles better for it.

Toni :rainbow:

How exciting not long at all!!! Its a very emotional time..before my op i was up n down ...be prepared as u get abit down after op too but it improves. Looking forward to hearing ur updates mrs.

I am treating myself to a new tattoo eeeekkk going to go get it booked in tomo..canny wait - lil treat to myself xx

Start weight (5/07/17) - 20st1
Pre op weight (18/07/17) - 19st.1
Current weight (15/09/17) - 16st.11

Lost another 2lbs today so total 3st 4lbs woohooo ;)

Does seem like since i have stopped drinking and eatting at same time it is started to come off xx

Last edited:
Wow @Nickynooo, you look fabulous and you're totally rocking your band! What tattoo are you getting? xx

Thank you hun - I have a tattoo on my wrist/arm and I dont like the location so I have had the same tattoo but now on my foot/ankle. I will upload some picks tomo but atm its covered.

I am either guna have lazor tattoo removal on my wrist or have a cover up. Havent made up my mind get o_O

Thank you and @LJJohns2017 for your lovely comments. I am reli noticing the difference in my picks - still feel huge at times but I am obviously shrinking.

Went to see my sister in law today and went with her to pick the kids up from school.. she said "guess what shane, whats different??" And bless him (only 8) he went Nickys lost weight... haha he was mena guess his mums new peircing but hearing him say that has seriously made my day xxx

Back