• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

You're all ding so well, amazingly well.
There really is a massive effort needed after surgery isn't there. That makes me feel better about things and so much of a cheat.
Ive been giving WLS serious consideration for a few weeks and have now pre-booked for October 2017!!! The Sleeve in Czech. From reading all your efforts i now see WLS as an aid to slimming, a little more drastic than a slimming club or diet pills but an aid none the less. So no, its not a cheats way, its the way of someone serious and dedicated to change.

Have you girls had a drink yet? Im not a big drinker but i do enjoy a drink. The worst drink going, beer!!

I see that LJJHONs had her sleeve on the NHS, where did you have yours Nickynoo?
Im going to be really brave and go alone to Czech Republic. My hubby is staying home with the kids, my BF lives in Ireland and im not telling anyone else!!! So its a solo trip....!
Did you both worry prior??
After surgery how long before you could take up normal household duties? (washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning, walking the dog? bathing the kids?)

Keep up the good work girls
xx

You're all ding so well, amazingly well.
There really is a massive effort needed after surgery isn't there. That makes me feel better about things and so much of a cheat.
Ive been giving WLS serious consideration for a few weeks and have now pre-booked for October 2017!!! The Sleeve in Czech. From reading all your efforts i now see WLS as an aid to slimming, a little more drastic than a slimming club or diet pills but an aid none the less. So no, its not a cheats way, its the way of someone serious and dedicated to change.

Have you girls had a drink yet? Im not a big drinker but i do enjoy a drink. The worst drink going, beer!!

I see that LJJHONs had her sleeve on the NHS, where did you have yours Nickynoo?
Im going to be really brave and go alone to Czech Republic. My hubby is staying home with the kids, my BF lives in Ireland and im not telling anyone else!!! So its a solo trip....!
Did you both worry prior??
After surgery how long before you could take up normal household duties? (washing, ironing, cooking, cleaning, walking the dog? bathing the kids?)

Keep up the good work girls
xx

Thanks hun, thats so nice for you to say. It is defo an aid and there is so much to learn. I thought I had read everything before surgery but its weird, you search much different questions after. You start thinking am I eating to much/little, is my weight loss fast enough, what typew of foods r more filling/ok to eat etc. I am very pleased I have had it but it is an emotional rollercoaster. :p

I went private hun, had it done in Maidstone Kent, with Dr Ahmed Hamouda who was amazing (£6400 with 5 yrs aftercare)!

Soo many people worry about going abroad due to horror stories you hear but so many go abroad now and have amazing, if not better care than the UK. Reason I didnt is coz my family worried to much about it and wanted to be close.

Of course I was worried :rolleyes:, tbh I didnt think any further than the surgery itself, i was so worried that i wasnt guna make it or something was guna go wrong. I new i could cope with anything, as long as i got through the surgery. I am a smoker so that added to the danger etc but all went amazing and was back to normal within 10 days.

I am a nightmare as cant sit down long so i was cooking within a day, hoovering/showering on my own in 6/7 days.

The band is very different to the sleeve so your recovery is likely to be different :)

Do you have any worries, if you do - can I ask what they are?

Surgery is defo not a cheat, everyone can lose weight - surgery just helps us stay focused and keep it off long term :hugs:

I am excited for you!!

Xx

Oh and yes, I have drunk a few times (get drunk very quickly now) - it goes down fine for me, i have only tried wine and lemonade tho, no shandies for me yet :)

I am not a big drinker at all but nice to know I can enjoy a few glasses and be socialable.

Best thing for me is - there is no issues with social eatting etc..i can have what everyone else is eating but just a smaller version. Because you eat slower, ur smaller meal lasts just as long as their larger meal so its perfect!! Xxx

How are you getting on @Nickynooo ? Not heard from you in a while :) xxx

I am ok bbe, nothing to report really lol... not lost anything all week :(

Fingers crossed it starts up again x

I am starting to worry a bit, dont know what I am doing wrong. Hopefully i will lose 1lb tomo as it would make me feel better :oops:

Xxx

I am ok bbe, nothing to report really lol... not lost anything all week :(

Fingers crossed it starts up again x

I am starting to worry a bit, dont know what I am doing wrong. Hopefully i will lose 1lb tomo as it would make me feel better :oops:

Xxx

It's so disheartening isn't it babe, I was getting that way too. I didn't lose for a week.

Is it since you've had your fill? Are you still eating exactly the same? I bet your body is just in shock. I think I was going through a major hormone change as I was up and down mood wise, spotty and shark week but I don't usually suffer pms. Think my body is just adjusting.

Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow :hugs: let me know xxxx

It's so disheartening isn't it babe, I was getting that way too. I didn't lose for a week.

Is it since you've had your fill? Are you still eating exactly the same? I bet your body is just in shock. I think I was going through a major hormone change as I was up and down mood wise, spotty and shark week but I don't usually suffer pms. Think my body is just adjusting.

Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow :hugs: let me know xxxx

It does seem like since i had my fill and since i have become more confident with other foods.

I aint eatting much but just not always eating healthy so might give a few days of extra healthy foods n see if thats whats causing my stalls.

I defo notice "shark" week now, i put on weight - weird i never noticed before but thats probs coz i was always putting on weight lol

U r doing amaze bbe - i will keep u posted xxxx

Morning girls.

Nickynoo, i love what you've said ''Surgery is defo not a cheat, everyone can lose weight - surgery just helps us stay focused and keep it off long term'' That is so very true, anyone can lose weight if they have the the determination, time, in the right mind set, no distractions, the list is endless. Surgery is going to help me, its going to give me the kick start i need and the constant reminder that ive paid a lot of money to change my life style!!! Ive only told 3 people who i know wont judge me. My Husband, my best friend and my boss.

Did you tell many people? I don't want to tell anyone other then the ones ive told.

Im guessing losing weight even with the aid of WLS is pretty much the same as any other diet. You lose weight quickly at the start and then it starts to slow down?
Dont lose sight of what you have achieved already, big changes and lots of pounds gone for ever. Well done you!

Girls, can i ask how many dress sizes you have gone down in 2 months please? I know everyone is different but its so i can have a guess what i could be at xmas if i have my surgery in October.
xx

Morning girls.

Nickynoo, i love what you've said ''Surgery is defo not a cheat, everyone can lose weight - surgery just helps us stay focused and keep it off long term'' That is so very true, anyone can lose weight if they have the the determination, time, in the right mind set, no distractions, the list is endless. Surgery is going to help me, its going to give me the kick start i need and the constant reminder that ive paid a lot of money to change my life style!!! Ive only told 3 people who i know wont judge me. My Husband, my best friend and my boss.

Did you tell many people? I don't want to tell anyone other then the ones ive told.

Im guessing losing weight even with the aid of WLS is pretty much the same as any other diet. You lose weight quickly at the start and then it starts to slow down?
Dont lose sight of what you have achieved already, big changes and lots of pounds gone for ever. Well done you!

Girls, can i ask how many dress sizes you have gone down in 2 months please? I know everyone is different but its so i can have a guess what i could be at xmas if i have my surgery in October.
xx

I'm just over 2 months out now and I'm down from a size 22-24 to size 16.

Good luck with everything and can't wait to hear your progress xx

@Nickynooo don't worry about a stall here and there, this isn't a race, it's your journey.

What sort of things are you eating? maybe we could give you some tips ...... :hugs:

@Princess Rosie - spot on! that's exactly what WLS is, an aide to losing the weight. If you follow the rules and are committed to making the changes to make this work, it will! :D

LJJohns - NO WAY!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!! Well done you! I honestly cant believe you've managed to get down 4 - 5 dress sizes in just 2 months. I'd be delighted to achieve that in just 2 months but if i lost 1 maybe 2 dress sizes in 2 months i'll be as happy as a kid in a chocolate factory!!

Mazza, thanks for confirming my trail of thought of WLS. Still I don't think i'll be letting anyone know other than the trusted 3 (and you guys!).

XX

LJJohns - NO WAY!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!! Well done you! I honestly cant believe you've managed to get down 4 - 5 dress sizes in just 2 months. I'd be delighted to achieve that in just 2 months but if i lost 1 maybe 2 dress sizes in 2 months i'll be as happy as a kid in a chocolate factory!!

Mazza, thanks for confirming my trail of thought of WLS. Still I don't think i'll be letting anyone know other than the trusted 3 (and you guys!).

XX

To be honest I havent brought any new clothes so I cant really say. All I know is clothes that didnt fit now do and my 'old' clothes are now really baggy. I dont want to waste money at the moment as know I will drop more weight so until my current clothes are like tents - i am staying away from shopping lol!

I have been very open, whenever some says i look like i have lost weight I tell them (i am not ashamed that its via wls) - however I now regret this as i get asked alot 'how much u lost now' and because i am going through stalls and very slow loses, its getting me down abit so wished i did keep it quiet. You are so excited at the start and when ur weight slows or stops - it gets a bit frustrating :(

Xxxxx

@Nickynooo don't worry about a stall here and there, this isn't a race, it's your journey.

What sort of things are you eating? maybe we could give you some tips ...... :hugs:

@Princess Rosie - spot on! that's exactly what WLS is, an aide to losing the weight. If you follow the rules and are committed to making the changes to make this work, it will! :D

Thanks Mazza, i know your right but it would also be good to tell you what I am eatting - would appreicate as much honestly/advice as pos...

My body is all over the place and have no idea - i am having periods every 3 weeks and this isnt helping my weight loss ( i think)..

Havent lost any weight in 8 days...

Soo,

During the week -
B - fruit bag (50 calories)
L - lunchable (300 calories)
Get home and I am hungry so have 2 crackers or sum hummous
D - fish fingers/breaded chicken/burger (no bun but cheese) and then 3 large chips with some veggies n mayo)
Evening snacks - ice pole or tiny bit of chocolate

I am drinking loads
Am really constipated (going like twice a week)

I never go above 1300/1400 calories so how the hell am i not losing weight.

Last nyt i ordered indian and ate a whole chicken sag and 1 pompadom - should i be able to eat a whole chicken main dish? o_O

Am i eating the wrong foods?

I am going to make salads this week for lunch but even with my current food choices, i aint eatting the volume of calories i used too?

HELP :sick0019:

Thanks Mazza, i know your right but it would also be good to tell you what I am eatting - would appreicate as much honestly/advice as pos...

My body is all over the place and have no idea - i am having periods every 3 weeks and this isnt helping my weight loss ( i think)..

Havent lost any weight in 8 days...

Soo,

During the week -
B - fruit bag (50 calories)
L - lunchable (300 calories)
Get home and I am hungry so have 2 crackers or sum hummous
D - fish fingers/breaded chicken/burger (no bun but cheese) and then 3 large chips with some veggies n mayo)
Evening snacks - ice pole or tiny bit of chocolate

I am drinking loads
Am really constipated (going like twice a week)

I never go above 1300/1400 calories so how the hell am i not losing weight.

Last nyt i ordered indian and ate a whole chicken sag and 1 pompadom - should i be able to eat a whole chicken main dish? o_O

Am i eating the wrong foods?

I am going to make salads this week for lunch but even with my current food choices, i aint eatting the volume of calories i used too?

HELP :sick0019:

Think I have kinda worked out why I aint doing so good.

I am someone who is thirsty ALOT - and I am ashamed to say it but I have been drinking before and straight after food. Think thats why I am not feeling satisfied. Just watched this video on youtube and it totally makes sense..my food is just sliding through so easy..

Sooo...I am going to stop this, its guna be so hard o_O:cool: xxx

Oh yes @Nickynooo its a VERY important rule that one. More so when you're really restricted as it can have not so nice side effects.

Regarding your food, what were you told you could / couldn't have? I can only tell you what worked for me and many others.

My advice would be you need more protein, which will keep you fuller for longer and more veg (not potatoes) for the fibre (and to relieve the constipation). You are also having snacky types of food for breakfast and lunch so no wonder your hungry when you get home.

Try and have protein at every meal and some veg or fruit. Eat the protein first, then the veg and if you do have carbs with your meal, eat them last and try to have them only on days you have exercised. You'll probably find you don't need them and will be too full. Split your meals out on this basis, half of the (side) plate with protein, quarter veg and quarter carbs.

So for breakfast, a boiled egg (or poached or scrambled) with some spinach (or tomato, mushrooms, peppers etc). Or, if you can't stomach something so early a protein shake/smoothie type of thing.

Lunch chicken and veg or salad. Or tuna, salmon or any other protein you like.

Dinner - swap the breaded versions of fish / chicken for non and more veg.

With the curry, if you think about it, there was probably the equivalent of a chicken breast in there, so that's a good indication that you can eat that amount and with spinach too. The rest of it was sauce so that would just pass through the band.

Here's a pic of a bariatric plate with the sections for each food group marked out.

Attachments

• NEW_PLATE.jpg
    NEW_PLATE.jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 4
OMG!
Ive read up on drinking with a Sleeve and that says you can be sick if you eat and drink. Thats going to be a crazy old change!! For as a long as i can remember ive been told to drink before i eat to bloat me. And to drink while you eat to wash it down - thats what quite literally is happening to you Nickymoo!!
LJJohns what do you do?

Good luck on changing your drinking routine Nickynoo. That glass of water will taste so much after you've waited ha;f an hour now!! xx

Thanks @Mazza some really good advice there!! I will do hun - need to start planning these meals. It really is screwing me up as i am washing my food down :oops:

@Princess Rosie it seriously is going to be hard to get used to it but its a must if i want to be successful. It is weird how we was told to drink to make us full before, now its totally different :D

I was talking to my partner about it and he said its new - ur still getting used to it and u aint put on weight so dont worry. It did make me feel better - i know we all learn by our mistakes, but just wana lose weight..like now!!

Xxxx

That is a really good point Nickynoo, you've NOT put weight on.
Before kids and marriage I remember going to the gym 4/5 times a week and really watching what I was eating, in fact im sure I was doing Slimming World. I didn't loss for 2 weeks. I was proper gutted, then on the 3rd week I lost 1lb. I went on holiday the week after and didn't give diet or exercise a 2nd thought, I cam back and lost 4lb!!!!!!!! I out it down to weight fairies looking after me :)

Keep doing what you're doing because you're obviously doing something right and you now know where you've steered off track a bit.

Lots of love xx

OMG!
Ive read up on drinking with a Sleeve and that says you can be sick if you eat and drink. Thats going to be a crazy old change!! For as a long as i can remember ive been told to drink before i eat to bloat me. And to drink while you eat to wash it down - thats what quite literally is happening to you Nickymoo!!
LJJohns what do you do?

Good luck on changing your drinking routine Nickynoo. That glass of water will taste so much after you've waited ha;f an hour now!! xx

I definitely don't eat and drink. I stop drinking 30 minutes before I eat and I don't drink again until 60 minutes after food. I have followed the surgeons recommendations to a t and I have been very fortunate and lucky that I am yet to be sick or have any kind of unpleasantness from any food. I know it's most likely that I will find things that don't agree with my sleeve but I take my time with everything and chew thoroughly, as soon as I feel full, I stop. It definitely is a change, you have to rewire your whole brain so it seems lol but it works xx

That is a really good point Nickynoo, you've NOT put weight on.
Before kids and marriage I remember going to the gym 4/5 times a week and really watching what I was eating, in fact im sure I was doing Slimming World. I didn't loss for 2 weeks. I was proper gutted, then on the 3rd week I lost 1lb. I went on holiday the week after and didn't give diet or exercise a 2nd thought, I cam back and lost 4lb!!!!!!!! I out it down to weight fairies looking after me :)

Keep doing what you're doing because you're obviously doing something right and you now know where you've steered off track a bit.

Lots of love xx

Thanks bbe, yes I do - defo being more mindful with my food n drinks. I do really want to get to the gym, although i dont have kids - my job is very demanding and I am mentally drained when I get home. I have thursday and friday off this week so I am going to take the dog for a long walk.

Also, if I go gym near work i see loads of work colleagues and the one close to my house, i see old school/college friends and my size/self esteem puts me off. Hopefully walking the dog or cycling will help xx

Back