• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey starts today

kurstywursty

Had my consultation with Mr Galloway at the Nuffield Glasgow. Was most unexpected. He told me that a band was a REASONABLE option for me. Went on to say the best option was for me to go away and lose the weight through diet and exercise. Told me to go away and consider this and that if I wanted the op he would do it. He also informed me on the percentage risks of problems with band failure. I was so deflated I left without booking the op. He gave me his mobile number

I considered it and decided if I could do it on my own, I would have done so a long time ago. I contacted Mr Galloway who is arranging a date for the surgery

So whoop whoop...I'm on my way

Had my consultation with Mr Galloway at the Nuffield Glasgow. Was most unexpected. He told me that a band was a REASONABLE option for me. Went on to say the best option was for me to go away and lose the weight through diet and exercise. Told me to go away and consider this and that if I wanted the op he would do it. He also informed me on the percentage risks of problems with band failure. I was so deflated I left without booking the op. He gave me his mobile number

I considered it and decided if I could do it on my own, I would have done so a long time ago. I contacted Mr Galloway who is arranging a date for the surgery

So whoop whoop...I'm on my way

I think he is one of the best in scotland/uk....and will be very frank with you...i initially was due to see him, but aapts got mixed up and under dr simon gibson who is lovely!

my dates 23rd xx

Hi Kar. My BMI was 36

Sharon. Are you at the Nuffield Too? I am still trying to find my way around the forum and have been reading your diary. So positive and been amazed at the support everyone seems to give each other.

I have just been copied into the email Mr Galloway sent to the admin asking them to set a date. He has told them I need a one week pre op diet. I was wondering why everyone was on different pre op diets.

I started my new eating plan today. Low carb and protein. I could eat my fingers I am so hungry. Gone to bed early and on line but all rumble tummy lol. This is just a self imposed plan. I have been reading about everyone's pre op journey and though I may as well get started. I also walked for an hour today and am planning to do the same tomorrow

I am going to struggle a wee bit, oas I don't like milk. The only stuff I have ever been able to get down is Yazoo Bananna milk. I have some slim fast in the fridge. Any hints on the best tasting protein drinks?

Well done on the weight loss girls x

Hi Kar. My BMI was 36 Sharon. Are you at the Nuffield Too? I am still trying to find my way around the forum and have been reading your diary. So positive and been amazed at the support everyone seems to give each other. I have just been copied into the email Mr Galloway sent to the admin asking them to set a date. He has told them I need a one week pre op diet. I was wondering why everyone was on different pre op diets. I started my new eating plan today. Low carb and protein. I could eat my fingers I am so hungry. Gone to bed early and on line but all rumble tummy lol. This is just a self imposed plan. I have been reading about everyone's pre op journey and though I may as well get started. I also walked for an hour today and am planning to do the same tomorrow I am going to struggle a wee bit, oas I don't like milk. The only stuff I have ever been able to get down is Yazoo Bananna milk. I have some slim fast in the fridge. Any hints on the best tasting protein drinks? Well done on the weight loss girls x

Yes I am at Nuffield in Glasgow under Dr gibson!

Thanks for ur comments on my diary, of it can be any help I'm glad!! :)

I'm not an expert but I think the pre op is dependent on how much you have to lose!?

The hunger will get less over the next few days...make sure u drink as much water as you can as it helps flush you out!! Seems to help my weightloss!

The Ufit I think just taste like strawberry milkshake you can get chocolate for sure ..maybe a banana but haven't saw them! These I think are tastiest unless u make them urself xx

Attachments

• image-4146991625.jpg
    image-4146991625.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Sharon.

Can I ask you a really dumb question.......how do you make your own milk shakes? Could you use these post surgery?

Hi! I love the slimfast premade strawberry shakes. For protein drinks and food look at avidlite, they also do a hot chocolate, its all very high in protein! Good luck!!

Hi! I love the slimfast premade strawberry shakes. For protein drinks and food look at avidlite, they also do a hot chocolate, its all very high in protein! Good luck!!

Thank you very much ladies. I will have a look at the shake stuff and let you know how I get on x

Hi. Just received an email to say I am being banded on 20th August. Two weeks today! Feel ecstatic :) and a wee bit feart!

I started a very low carb diet on Monday, plus have walked at least an hour every day and have dropped 5lbs yay!

I need to start a post op diet for a week before my surgery. I do not know what this is yet. They are sending me out info. There is no dedicated dietitian at the Nuffield right now. I assured them I was happy to receive the info by post as I did not want to delay the procedure having to wait to see a dietitian.

So OMG...it's all go

Having seen all your diaries, I am hoping to drop anger 9lbs in the next fortnight to make it a stone off before the op

Oh good luck to the girls that are due up soon xxx

Hi. Just received an email to say I am being banded on 20th August. Two weeks today! Feel ecstatic :) and a wee bit feart! I started a very low carb diet on Monday, plus have walked at least an hour every day and have dropped 5lbs yay! I need to start a post op diet for a week before my surgery. I do not know what this is yet. They are sending me out info. There is no dedicated dietitian at the Nuffield right now. I assured them I was happy to receive the info by post as I did not want to delay the procedure having to wait to see a dietitian. So OMG...it's all go Having seen all your diaries, I am hoping to drop anger 9lbs in the next fortnight to make it a stone off before the op Oh good luck to the girls that are due up soon xxx

I thought I posted already but yeah!!! :)

Your just 3 days before me at Nuffield!! :)

They said they were changing over dieticians I thought that been done by now!!

Can't wait to hear all about it x

Was reading thread, good info on avidlite, I am testing what I do and don't like for my post op life and found it quite hard as it's all about shakes and I love my hot drinks.. Especially when them cold days come plus lots of it is American.. So was very helpful to find avidlite.. Will be ordering ASAP and stocking up on hot chic and cappuccino... Just love the support and love flying around this site... :D

Was reading thread, good info on avidlite, I am testing what I do and don't like for my post op life and found it quite hard as it's all about shakes and I love my hot drinks.. Especially when them cold days come plus lots of it is American.. So was very helpful to find avidlite.. Will be ordering ASAP and stocking up on hot chic and cappuccino... Just love the support and love flying around this site... :D

Thanks, I will defo check this out x. And I agree great site. When is your op?

Good luck with your pre op kursty! Mine was 45 mins, i was glad i had shaved my legs and bikini line! I then spoke to the physio who explained about getting back to work and exercise. It was informative. There was no weighing though, i think ive lost half a stone since i last saw the consultant.
I have also decided that the pre made slim fast shakes suit me the best...bit of trial and error!!

Sharon I will check out today what I'm supposed to be doing!!! I was just sent through the sheet you had. I only have eight days to go so if it's liquids they need to tell me Will let you know how I get on today xx

KAR. Thanks for the heads up on the legs and bikini line ?????? Lol

I have lost eight pounds since Monday 4th August

glad no weighing as I was worried about my BMI dropping under 35 by next weeks op date

Also KAR I read on another thread that someone got lolly moulds from Lakeland and has been making slim fast into ice lollies...sounds good. And other smoothies.

Back